WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes, I guess the movie Super Size Me is responsible for it to some extent. (I'm practicing with extent now.) How's Dallas? I know only little about it.

Yeah, that movie and the pc health conscious crowd had them cleaning up their act. I still think their best seller are the old reliables that aren't healthy.

Dallas is good at the moment. Nice temperature, so you can get out and do things without melting. There is about anything you would like to do here, very diverse. But in the summer months, it had better be indoors. Great zoo in Ft Worth. Went last weekend for a birthday, and 4 hours later only had seen half of it. Also plenty of museums, theater and such. Plus Six Flags for those that like amusements parks and roller coasters. All major sports and the FC Dallas team isn't bad for the soccer lovers. There are worse places to be than Dallas I guess.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, that movie and the pc health conscious crowd had them cleaning up their act. I still think their best seller are the old reliables that aren't healthy.

Dallas is good at the moment. Nice temperature, so you can get out and do things without melting. There is about anything you would like to do here, very diverse. But in the summer months, it had better be indoors. Great zoo in Ft Worth. Went last weekend for a birthday, and 4 hours later only had seen half of it. Also plenty of museums, theater and such. Plus Six Flags for those that like amusements parks and roller coasters. All major sports and the FC Dallas team isn't bad for the soccer lovers. There are worse places to be than Dallas I guess.

I've haven't made it there, yet. I have some co-workers from there and they didn't give it very high praise. LOL! Some people aren't really good saying what's good about their city. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of zoos.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I've haven't made it there, yet. I have some co-workers from there and they didn't give it very high praise. LOL! Some people aren't really good saying what's good about their city. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of zoos.

Me either, but it was a family outing so there was no option out. But for a non-zoo person, I'll say it was entertaining none the less. They do a good job of entertaining the little ones. New Orleans is where I'm from, but been in Dallas for years due to work. It's not a bad place to live. If you ever do make it here, do not come during the summer is the best advice I can give you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Me either, but it was a family outing so there was no option out. But for a non-zoo person, I'll say it was entertaining none the less. They do a good job of entertaining the little ones. New Orleans is where I'm from, but been in Dallas for years due to work. It's not a bad place to live. If you ever do make it here, do not come during the summer is the best advice I can give you.

Zoos have some good points but they not enough to change my opinion in general. It's still using animals as 'entertainment'.

I was in Vegas in July once. I'm assuming it would be something similar? That was hot. I've since been in hotter but yeah that was bad.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If you think she's cute shes got nothing on some of the girls that were there. Had a Deadpool group picture taken with a Lara Croft lookalike. All im saying is im glad we were all wearing masks covering our faces :winktongue:

I'd be too distracted that those kind of smoking hot look-a-likes at a comic con, so that's why I stay away...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't feel any difference. I didn't often use multitasking anyway, only when copying something into an email or something like it. Except that the phone didn't vibrate until I turned it on and off a few times and my lock screen time was set differently, everything feels the same.

it is more reprogramming my brain than anything else. Honestly, adding the "x" only helps when you're knee deep in an app. When you're on the first level of an app, the back button is faster. Just saying that I like having BOTH choices, although you can see that the Adreno 225 GPU may not age as gracefully when doing those transitions. Still don't understand why MSFT did that, but ah well...

JoelBennett

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

it is more reprogramming my brain than anything else. Honestly, adding the "x" only helps when you're knee deep in an app. When you're on the first level of an app, the back button is faster. Just saying that I like having BOTH choices, although you can see that the Adreno 225 GPU may not age as gracefully when doing those transitions. Still don't understand why MSFT did that, but ah well...
The thing I don't understand is why they did tombstoning the way that they did. Rather than having four separate app states, I'm surprised they didn't go with two: running and tombstoned. Either the app is open and running, or it has been hibernated/tombstoned.

JoelBennett

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Nope. The UK is best. Our weather is wacky all year. :p
By wacky, do you really mean rainy?

If you want some messed up weather, come to southern Alberta. One day can be -20 Celsius, and the next plus 3 Celsius! Gotta love chinooks (warm, dry winds that come over the mountains).

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's only almost 5 p.m. What should I do now, I have to streak out some plates, which will take me maybe 20 minutes. Well, I will think of something useful.

o.o you are going to follow your plants.....well that is something new for me :winktongue:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Never anything good on the radio!!!!

that is why I hold onto the clasics of 2pac,biggy,a tribe called quest,nas,common,Dr.dre,nate dogg,snoop dogg, ice cube, jurrasic 5, the game and as for the new ones like Illy, Hopsin,Swizzz ,asher roth,ces cru,drapht,dumfounded,G-easy,hilltop hoods, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore, Mad child, Pmac, Swollen Memebers, Tech n9ne, Trahik, Wax, Yelawolf

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss