WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Honestly, I'm seriously considering a Surface 2 Tablet. More for my wife than me as she doesn't like to carry a laptop around and it has full Office which she uses a lot. We can then have two tablets. :)

Why would you choose it over an 2520? I'm not really up to date, but I think I read somewhere that the 2520 is faster and has the possibility of inserting a SIM card?

We got engaged a few years back now. The ring is significantly more expensive than the Surface 2. Not sure they really 'go together'. :p

Well, the ring is basically just the international: "Keep your dirty hands off me, I'm married!" sign, with a Surface you can at least watch Youtube videos! ;-)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, the app that's been mentioned in my sig is now available beta testing, anyone interested?

It's an app based on my band Marigold. :)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Why would you choose it over an 2520? I'm not really up to date, but I think I read somewhere that the 2520 is faster and has the possibility of inserting a SIM card?

Well, the ring is basically just the international: "Keep your dirty hands off me, I'm married!" sign, with a Surface you can at least watch Youtube videos! ;-)

The Surface 2 has the more powerful SoC Tegra 4 than the 2520 Snapdragon 800 even when it clock 500MHz more speeds not as essential and it only a small increase.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The 2520 isn't coming out until next year. It's more expensive. I don't need the SIM card functionality. I can always just tether to my phone if needed.

I like the build and quality of the Surface 2. As for the 'faster' bit, we'll is it that significant?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The 2520 isn't coming out until next year. It's more expensive. I don't need the SIM card functionality. I can always just tether to my phone if needed.

I like the build and quality of the Surface 2. As for the 'faster' bit, we'll is it that significant?

Same for me the build quality amazing!

And the Tegra 4 SoC more better than the snapdragon 800.

Tegra 4 more optimised for tablet bring excellent performance and has the better graphics.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

As I said, I just read that somewhere. I don't know.

Well, I tested the Surface RT in a store and I just wasn't amazed by it. It felt boring and useless. So maybe that's another reason why I have some negative feelings towards the Surfaces.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, the app that's been mentioned in my sig is now available beta testing, anyone interested?

It's an app based on my band Marigold. :)

If anybody is interested PM me, i'll provide the app download link. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, I tested the Surface RT in a store and I just wasn't amazed by it. It felt boring and useless. So maybe that's another reason why I have some negative feelings towards the Surfaces.

I absolutely hated the first Type Cover, the second one is better, but not nearly as good as my Macbook Air keyboard.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And let me guess - they complained about the weather, just like the rest of us? :p

You still in Ontario? I've spent some time there (two years in various places - Hamilton/Stoney Creek, Burlington, London, Leamington, Subdury, St. Ste. Marie). It's definitely a beautiful part of the country, despite being so close to the center of the universe. :p

I'm now in the real centre of the universe. I live in London UK. :p

I grew up in Toronto, lived in Brampton Ontario, moved to Brisbane Australia, tried a year in Finland then moved to London, UK. Been here for two years. :)

Yes Ontario is a beautiful part of the country. Lots of Canadians put it down because of Toronto, the cleanest, friendliest, large city in North America. ;)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I still have to investigate some more. I don't buy things on the spur of the moment. From the look of things, the Surface 2 looks the business.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I still have to investigate some more. I don't buy things on the spur of the moment. From the look of things, the Surface 2 looks the business.

Well, it doesn't matter anyway, Nokia, Microsoft, it's all the same ;-)

I'm really hungry. Good thing soon is lunch-time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am just not interested in buying one :)

Cannot blame you either. The only appeal the 2520 had is the sim card slot, where i'd use it for data. Even that isn't a full need. To me, there still is no benefit to using RT.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...today is a new day but i am still in recovery from the zoo that was yesterday at work. Getting used to my T100...honestly, MSFT should have merged WP8 and RT a long time ago, as quite frankly, there are some things it is still easier for me to do on my 8X than it is on the Metro UI of the T100. All in all, very happy i own one. Now i need to upgrade my desktop...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Commuting has been a bit more brutal here than usual. There are a lot more people I'm encountering during rush hour and it seems like the increased ridership is making things run a lot slower...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte