WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So...my weekend has started! Time to head home, eat pizza, chill out tonight...before focusing on all my classes and writing papers this weekend...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must admit, the new Nexus 5 looks tempting. It has microSIM, and the rest of the specs looks good. I'm passing because i just got my nexus 4 on the cheap cheap and the inky 5" phone i would own is a Sony. If there were more Xperia ports i'd grab it, but i guess i still feel like 4.3-4.6" is my personal sweet spot. Just looking for a nice Android replacement to my TP and right now, the Nexus 4 fits.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today, at work, some staff dressed up for Halloween. I wore a rainbow wig. I sorely wished i owned my 1020 then as i think some of 8X pictures are a little lacking when you crop and zoom in...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious to see HTC's offerings for Gen 2 WP8. Nokia's 1520 is a great start. Camera tech needs to be improved. How will HTC port over its OIS Ultra pixel unit? What will become of their audio quality? Right now, all they have to offer is design...that just ain't enough...once MSFT buys Nokia i shudder to be stuck with Lumia as the ONLY choice for WP...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

If you hear "MHL", you think hockey, right?

Well, apparently, it stands for an insanely controversial (and popular) gay soap opera here in the Philippines.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

First off, I am so happy to have lived through the last few weeks. Work has been a killer, home has been hectic, and I actually was put to work during my vacation by my brother, and there has been very little free time. I have truly missed WP Central. I have been keeping track of WP news, but I am way behind on the forum. There is a fun vibe to our regulars that makes WPC fun.

I had zero Trick or Treaters either. Some of my favorite memories was of killing it with candy collection on this holiday as a kid. Killing me this generation of kids are missing out on this.

Wow. I feel old typing that.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious to see HTC's offerings for Gen 2 WP8. Nokia's 1520 is a great start. Camera tech needs to be improved. How will HTC port over its OIS Ultra pixel unit? What will become of their audio quality? Right now, all they have to offer is design...that just ain't enough...once MSFT buys Nokia i shudder to be stuck with Lumia as the ONLY choice for WP...

Between Samsung and HTC, I am curious if anything new from them comes out prior to 8.1 early next year. Nokia really only has kicked out 3 new devices, and that is if the 5" L9XX is real as it has not been officially announced. I can see a couple new HTCs and 1 new Samsung with 8.1, but I do not think we see any new WP's from them over the holidays.

However, I am not worried about the Lumia line being the only hardware. So long as MS gives incentive to keep Nokia engeineers and designers onboard then the aggresive improvements with the WP devices we have seen will continue. That, however, is not a given and I hope MS gives 10% raises to everyone involved with the Lumia line. We need them so bad.....

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I must admit, the new Nexus 5 looks tempting. It has microSIM, and the rest of the specs looks good. I'm passing because i just got my nexus 4 on the cheap cheap and the inky 5" phone i would own is a Sony. If there were more Xperia ports i'd grab it, but i guess i still feel like 4.3-4.6" is my personal sweet spot. Just looking for a nice Android replacement to my TP and right now, the Nexus 4 fits.

The Nexus 4 wasn't sold officially by Google in Sitzerland, so it wasn't much cheaper as other phones. I think it's the same for the Nexus 5, so I didn't even read about it. If it were as cheap as in the USA, I would be interested too.

I would love to keep HTC in the Windows Phone game. I feel exactly the same about Nokia as you do.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

First off, I am so happy to have lived through the last few weeks. Work has been a killer, home has been hectic, and I actually was put to work during my vacation by my brother, and there has been very little free time. I have truly missed WP Central. I have been keeping track of WP news, but I am way behind on the forum. There is a fun vibe to our regulars that makes WPC fun.

It's good to have you back! I hope you have a more relaxed time ahead of you :)

However, I am not worried about the Lumia line being the only hardware. So long as MS gives incentive to keep Nokia engeineers and designers onboard then the aggresive improvements with the WP devices we have seen will continue. That, however, is not a given and I hope MS gives 10% raises to everyone involved with the Lumia line. We need them so bad.....

Design wise the Nokias is ahead of Samsung, but they are exactly on the same level in terms of variability. Except the Lumia 925 every phone was a modification of the N9 design, the higher end, the more similar...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I installed the wpc app yesterday...

My wife and I got these 25$ Visa cards for the MS Store when we bought our WP7's in 2011. (We also got them on the Saturday after Turkey Day, when they were a penny online from AT&T. I Iike to think I got paid to go to WP.) The WPC App was the first purchase I made, and the first app I downloaded to my Samsung Focus S. I use it a lot. Get the full app- I am with Wandering Traveler on this. It is worth it.

Still hoping for better forum support.....

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Just got a work email and I realized that I have taken the day off. It's Friday today, I thought it's Saturday...

At the moment it's really a thing in this forum to post links to bad and biased reviews of Apple products, or to comparisons between Apple and Microsoft products.

Now here is my revolutionary question: If every tech site on this planet thinks that Apple products are great, couldn't it just be true? ;-)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

My wife and I got these 25$ Visa cards for the MS Store when we bought our WP7's in 2011. (We also got them on the Saturday after Turkey Day, when they were a penny online from AT&T. I Iike to think I got paid to go to WP.) The WPC App was the first purchase I made, and the first app I downloaded to my Samsung Focus S. I use it a lot. Get the full app- I am with Wandering Traveler on this. It is worth it.

Still hoping for better forum support.....

I wished the forums were better on the WPCentral app, but hey, it works. :)

I was using the free version, until recently. I paid the $1.00 for the app and it's pretty damn good, i'm wondering why the live tile doesn't update though...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I was using the free version, until recently. I paid the $1.00 for the app and it's pretty damn good, i'm wondering why the live tile doesn't update though...

I must admit, I got the app for free in some kind of promotion...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos