WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Now here is my revolutionary question: If every tech site on this planet thinks that Apple products are great, couldn't it just be true? ;-)

Thing is tech sites and reviewers have gotten lazy. Apple is easy to sell so that's what they sell. Apple is apparently 'easy' to use and they think that's the 'most' important thing rather than what the device is used for. They can't seem to comprehend that a tablet can be anything other than a consumer device for instance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning and all that. I won't be posting much here so just thought I'd say hi, put my two cents in and say have a good day and a good weekend. Might pop in from time to time. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning and all that. I won't be posting much here so just thought I'd say hi, put my two cents in and say have a good day and a good weekend. Might pop in from time to time. :)

That'll be me for most of the weekend during that Friday night to Sunday afternoon stretch when I'm by the GF...but i will be hanging out here while i work on my outlines for my papers and presentations today...gotta multitask, right?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...it is a dreary Autumn Day in my neck of the world...rainy, windy and cold. Or as some may say, that's typical English weather. Either way not a sexy way to start the weekend...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wish i could upload pics directly from the WP app...Jay should add the share option at some point...so i will log in and post pictures from the view in my apt, along with that wig i wore yesterday...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Snowmutt, good to see you. I needed a beer from you a few weeks back because i had to share an HIV+ diagnosis with a patient. Tough, tough stuff...i try to keep it light when I'm here on the forum, but that's one of the things no one likes to do in the medial field - be the bearer of life altering news...

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Between Samsung and HTC, I am curious if anything new from them comes out prior to 8.1 early next year. Nokia really only has kicked out 3 new devices, and that is if the 5" L9XX is real as it has not been officially announced. I can see a couple new HTCs and 1 new Samsung with 8.1, but I do not think we see any new WP's from them over the holidays.

However, I am not worried about the Lumia line being the only hardware. So long as MS gives incentive to keep Nokia engeineers and designers onboard then the aggresive improvements with the WP devices we have seen will continue. That, however, is not a given and I hope MS gives 10% raises to everyone involved with the Lumia line. We need them so bad.....

As cool as Android is, I'm glad MSFT went the Apple route and be restrictive in going to WP. Now, OEMs have to be smarter in how they sell WP. Its not like Android where you're selling both a skin and how it plays with your hardware. Nokia has shown that if you can tweak small parts of the OS, get apps to the ecosystem and focus on key selling points - camera tech, navigation & design - you can make money and more importantly, build a brand.

Samsung knows their strength - mass production. I have no problem with them recycling their Android flagship for WP and keeping their experience vanilla. If i wasn't so hung up on the Pureview camera, I'd be an Ativ S owner today. If they can port a few of their Android features - the useful stuff, not the gimmicks - they'll be ok.

HTC is where the trouble is at. They've been the most recognizable Windows brand since forever. They have got to pick a strength besides design and sell that. I still say audio is their best bet. With Sony staying with Android, only Nokia can challenge HTC in audio department. Even if Nokia stayed separate from MSFT, i don't think they had enough resources to make audio a key selling point.

Love the built in amp in my 8X. Wish i had a true equalizer to take advantage. Would love to see audio apps too and a few audio accessories. Yes, they dropped Beats but i think hardware wise, HTC has something to work with for audio. If they can make cameras like they did with the Radar as the standard for all WP8 devices, and push audio and design, people will buy it...especially those who don't like lumia.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here are the pictures alluded to earlier...yes that WAS the rainbow mess I wore on my head yesterday...WP_20131031_012.jpgWP_20131101_001.jpgWP_20131101_003.jpg

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Enjoying life with my T100. I find myself using it in dock mode and as a tablet equally. Good to see that my screen protector got shipped out so I should get that next week. Still getting used to Windows 8, but so far I have no complaints about making the jump. Cannot wait to get my new monitor so I can start to pull files from the desktop and working on transitioning that machine to 8.1 as well...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb