WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That computer will last many years yet it will still be a beast today!!!

And you can always add some more RAM if you want as long as it 64bit.

I won't upgrade my old one. It's good enough to watch some movies and browse the internet when I'm visiting my mother. And I guess the new one here will easily last 6 years too.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I won't upgrade my old one. It's good enough to watch some movies and browse the internet when I'm visiting my mother. And I guess the new one here will easily last 6 years too.

Of course it will :p

Only serious gamers upgrade every year or those with too much money!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your review :)

I think I'll skip another generation and then get something like the T100 as a laptop replacement.

Thats not a bad idea on your part. I think as the chipsets get more battery efficient and Windows continues to be more adopted, Windows tablets will have even better value.

I suppose of you have to absolutely have something, the 8" market should takeoff. From what I'm seeing so far, that Dell 8 looks really good.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Of course it will :p

Only serious gamers upgrade every year or those with too much money!

I would say only serious gamers with too much money. A high-end videocard lasts for years nowadays. Most of all because the new consoles have graphics on the level of a current midrange gaming rig.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My computer at my old house seems not too slow, but in comparison to the new one I have in my flat it's a snail.

I bought a tea egg this weekend (in German this is called a Teeei, now that's a funny looking word!) and now I'm drinking my first tea with it and I love it.

Takes a lot of time to prepare it though, I think I will stay with "modern" tee in the mornings.

dict.cc Wörterbuch :: Teeei :: Deutsch-Englisch-Übersetzung
Hehehe tea egg :grin:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I would say only serious gamers with too much money. A high-end videocard lasts for years nowadays. Most of all because the new consoles have graphics on the level of a current midrange gaming rig.

They should last years now especially when high end cards cost ?300 +!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

A gaming server!!!!!

The XBox One does have gaming servers. The graphics still suck in comparison to the PS4 ;-)

Suck, not stuck. While I'm editing: I waited until today to watch the first episode of the 9th season of Supernatural, and now that I'm watching it I am suddenly really into it again.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Headed home after spending most of the weekend at the GF. I did get some work done yesterday on my paper due Tuesday. Now it's home to pizza, finishing this paper and fleshing out this presentation...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looking forward to getting my T100's screen protector this week. Got hooked on mahjong again...why does MSFT want us to pay for a subscription for games like that? Well, I will just suffer through the ads instead.

Still think the app store could use more robust choices, but that will come with time. So far I can find what I need, which is all that matters...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The XBox One does have gaming servers. The graphics still suck in comparison to the PS4 ;-)

Suck, not stuck. While I'm editing: I waited until today to watch the first episode of the 9th season of Supernatural, and now that I'm watching it I am suddenly really into it again.

The issue with the servers for the Xbox One is where are they all based it great saying we got 300,000 server however are most of them going to be based in the US and the rest in certain places in Europe.

That what came to mind when I was deciding on my next console which I went for PS4 it wasn't not for that one reason, the main reason why I went to PS4 is that I had the first PlayStation then the second after that the third which I had a great time with and was a main part of my life. Plus the exclusives.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It will be interesting how this plays out with the PS4 and the Xbox One.

Good thing they are just little PCs which hopefully will provide better ports.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

The issue with the servers for the Xbox One is where are they all based it great saying we got 300,000 server however are most of them going to be based in the US and the rest in certain places in Europe.

That what came to mind when I was deciding on my next console which I went for PS4 it wasn't not for that one reason, the main reason why I went to PS4 is that I had the first PlayStation then the second after that the third which I had a great time with and was a main part of my life. Plus the exclusives.

I think the Xbox exclusives are better than PlayStation's. Halo, titanfall, forza. What does Sony have? Killzone? Gran Tsurimo? Yeah, Xbox wins.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think the Xbox exclusives are better than PlayStation's. Halo, titanfall, forza. What does Sony have? Killzone? Gran Tsurimo? Yeah, Xbox wins.

You forgot the great Xbox One exclusive Zumba Fitness World Party. I'd buy it only for that ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro