WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Saying that we should stay away from the cake conversation. However I must say you're cake you got for you B-day was awesome!

My birthday will be soon. I won't get cake, and I will probably spend my day alone at home.

However I got an preceding cake last weekend, and I told all my friends I'll invite them in spring as I don't have enough space for everybody. And I'll do something with friends the day before and the day after. So I'll probably cope.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It appears to be the 32GB version. People don't seem too impressed with the pricing in general from the comments on that article I posted.

not surprised, but if the 64GB model gets to that pricing, it should do ok. I wish they had simply just done a 64GB model only, instead...people unrealistic expectations for the T100...its dual format is the selling point, so of course you will sacrifice some oomph for portability...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I won't mention Obmacare...

I tend to agree with martinmc78 in regards to effective government. I don't think one really exists.

All I will say is that the Obamacare idea is good, the intent is good, but the execution is TBD. Americans just hate being told what to do and will often pick an evil over a good choice just because they detest the urge of being told what to do a lot more than the choices themselves - see the Tea Party.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Those people are the scariest people I've ever seen. Honestly, you'd have to be a moron (and I know there's a few of those in the US) to vote for someone like that.

It's just how they play to and tap into a certain undercurrent belief system in this country that is the scariest part. Yes, I think there is value in having them,around, especially as a check and balance point, but still it is those who are electing Tea Party folks that are dangerously scary...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

the physical layer.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sometimes I think the logical part in networking is kinda interesting but boring :confused:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My birthday will be soon. I won't get cake, and I will probably spend my day alone at home.

However I got an preceding cake last weekend, and I told all my friends I'll invite them in spring as I don't have enough space for everybody. And I'll do something with friends the day before and the day after. So I'll probably cope.

Birthday alone sucks. But just like Christmas, it's just a day. You can always celebrate before / after. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

All I will say is that the Obamacare idea is good, the intent is good, but the execution is TBD. Americans just hate being told what to do and will often pick an evil over a good choice just because they detest the urge of being told what to do a lot more than the choices themselves - see the Tea Party.

I find the idea of caring for those who need it as 'being told what to do' very odd. I never understood the US medical system. It baffled me continuously the whole time I lived in Canada.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Dang they are coming out with good phones .....now I'm having trouble deciding on my future phone .....I would like the 1020, but I like the 925, but I also like the 929 on vzn,but I like the 928 also......gah to many good phone out right now:confused:

the 929 looks really good in those renders. I'd actually own one as my one all-in-one device. I still want a 1020 but would settle for a t-mo 925 on a cheap price...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

the 929 looks really good in those renders. I'd actually own one as my one all-in-one device. I still want a 1020 but would settle for a t-mo 925 on a cheap price...

I would too like the 925 but I would like the 32 gb version also I wish the wireless charging was integrated but I like the 1020 for awesome pictures and bragging rights :p but the 928 because it has everything that I want but its on vzn and the also the hassle of finding the right apns to work on T-Mobile and as for the 929 its even better than the 928 but it has dual LED instead of xenon flash but the thing that I would want for my forever phone would be the shape of the 925 a 32 gb version with mico sd slot with removable battery with wireless charging intergraded ( like my 810) and a Xenon flash .....if only that were possible

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I find the idea of caring for those who need it as 'being told what to do' very odd. I never understood the US medical system. It baffled me continuously the whole time I lived in Canada.

The short version is this. From a historical perspective, there are 2 schools of though in the US, especially among the privileged. One group says that it is up to the individual to make his own way. He doesn't need help from the government when there are hard times, he doesn't need anyone telling him what to do as he will make it based on his own efforts. This is the slop the Tea Party and generally speaking, the Republicans follow philosophically.

Another group says that not everyone has the same breaks or opportunities and everyone would have access to help whenever they really need it. This country was built in all collective efforts, even by those the system excluded. Let's take care of everyone by creating an equal opportunity. That's the Democrats (generally).

There are pros and cone to both approaches. These baseline views play into all aspects of US culture, especially in the fields of healthcare and the economy. What's really needed is an effective mix of both approaches, especially once race/ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation and class get added into the mix. Make no mistake, all the Tea Party folks seen on TV are well off - the upper crust. While you won't see the poor/disadvantaged Tea Party faces on TV, you will see them out voting in force on policies that may hurt them directly just to hold ranks cuz they like the rhetoric.

Sorry folks, not trying to talk politics here, but when one studies the idiosyncracies behind policy in the US, it fascinates and repulses at the same time...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

The short version is this. From a historical perspective, there are 2 schools of though in the US, especially among the privileged. One group says that it is up to the individual to make his own way. He doesn't need help from the government when there are hard times, he doesn't need anyone telling him what to do as he will make it based on his own efforts. This is the slop the Tea Party and generally speaking, the Republicans follow philosophically.

Another group says that not everyone has the same breaks or opportunities and everyone would have access to help whenever they really need it. This country was built in all collective efforts, even by those the system excluded. Let's take care of everyone by creating an equal opportunity. That's the Democrats (generally).

There are pros and cone to both approaches. These baseline views play into all aspects of US culture, especially in the fields of healthcare and the economy. What's really needed is an effective mix of both approaches, especially once race/ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation and class get added into the mix. Make no mistake, all the Tea Party folks seen on TV are well off - the upper crust. While you won't see the poor/disadvantaged Tea Party faces on TV, you will see them out voting in force on policies that may hurt them directly just to hold ranks cuz they like the rhetoric.

Sorry folks, not trying to talk politics here, but when one studies the idiosyncracies behind policy in the US, it fascinates and repulses at the same time...

I do know the tea party sucks, but this is not all of the Republican faults. There are many problems with ObamaCare, as well as with benefits, but so far, ObamaCare has been a disaster.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I would too like the 925 but I would like the 32 gb version also I wish the wireless charging was integrated but I like the 1020 for awesome pictures and bragging rights :p but the 928 because it has everything that I want but its on vzn and the also the hassle of finding the right apns to work on T-Mobile and as for the 929 its even better than the 928 but it has dual LED instead of xenon flash but the thing that I would want for my forever phone would be the shape of the 925 a 32 gb version with mico sd slot with removable battery with wireless charging intergraded ( like my 810) and a Xenon flash .....if only that were possible
What you want is currently called the 1520, sans the 32GB internal storage. The 1020 doesn't have wireless charging built in. you wont see apn setting for VZW phones for a while because MMS (which includes group SMS) is still sent through their CDMA radios. That's why i sold my 8X and got the unlocked model instead because i get a ton of MMS.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do know the tea party sucks, but this is not all of the Republican faults. There are many problems with ObamaCare, as well as with benefits, but so far, ObamaCare has been a disaster.

personally, I'm not blaming the Republicans. I agree Obamacare has holes in it (see my earlier posts). Both sides have screwed up. I've merely outlined in my own words in my previous post is the source historical context of the mindsets that shape policy on both sides today.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What you want is currently called the 1520, sans the 32GB internal storage. The 1020 doesn't have wireless charging built in. you wont see apn setting for VZW phones for a while because MMS (which includes group SMS) is still sent through their CDMA radios. That's why i sold my 8X and got the unlocked model instead because i get a ton of MMS.

while I would like to get the 1520 but its to big for me the biggest I would go is 5in and I like AMOLED over LCD :confused: until all of that or something around the lines that comes out what I want I will stick with my 810 :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss