WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

webOS is the only platform I've never even played with in a store. I wish I would've tried it, since so many people seem to have liked it.

It was a fun OS. The gestures on it were very easy to learn, and they all worked off a sensor on the bottom of the screen. So unlike BB10, they all originated from one point on the bottom of the touch screen, so it became second nature quickly. Also, the portrait slider is my all time favorite form factor. Most every device I owned was a portrait slider.

But it was on among the worst hardware ever. Stupid thing only loaded a web page every other time. Very sluggish. The keyboard needed to be bigger as well. And it was so unsupported.

But, dang I loved it........

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well time to go to sleep I've over stayed my welcome :confused: good night all and you should read how me and BP reached the goodies :cool:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I wish i didn't have such emphasis on iOS, i should have looked at webOS and Windows Phone during 2010 and 2011. :)

You may have liked the OS's, but those were some rough years. Those "pre-Mango" WP's were pretty barren of features. And like I said above, WebOS was among the worst supported OS's ever to be an OS. Palm just had nothing left in the coffers by the time they released WebOS.

Looking back, it is amazing to think how far WP has come. Somehow, MS has made vast upgrades in the OS and done a great job at keeping the ease of use and seamless operation intact. Earlier this year, I did a "Best and Worst" of WP7 devices, and was happily surprised to look at all the WP7 device forums and realize just how few major issues and bad devices there were.

So far, WP8 has been shakier at launch, but the fixes have been coming and overall MS has done nothing but build a winner. Improve XBOX music, make sure all existing devices get WP 8.1 to prove they are serious about support, and I think we here at WPC will have an OS to brag about for a long, long time.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Wednesday, that means tomorrow is Friday.

Friday, Friday, let's all sing along with Rebecca!

Edit: Thursday, usually Friday comes after Thursday. I should probably go home and sleep another few hours.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Wednesday, that means tomorrow is Friday.

Friday, Friday, let's all sing along with Rebecca!

Edit: Thursday, usually Friday comes after Thursday. I should probably go home and sleep another few hours.

Rebecca Black quotes on a Thursday? Forshame!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Rebecca Black quotes on a Thursday? Forshame!

I am sorry. I'm just her biggest fan, ever.

Well, let's change subjects, today is a beautiful day and it felt very warm in the morning. I almost wrote "it felt very worm", but it didn't feel wormy at all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning. It's supposed to be warm here today too. If you consider 15C 'warm'. :)

So glad this week is almost over. It's not been one of my favourites and next week isn't looking much better. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm starting to become paranoid. I show up to say hi and everyone leaves the thread.... :(

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Morning. It's supposed to be warm here today too. If you consider 15C 'warm'. :)

So glad this week is almost over. It's not been one of my favourites and next week isn't looking much better. :p

I consider 13C cold, but hey, it was 23C today, tomorrow it will be 16C... :(

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Noise rock... that's a new one. What band fits in that category? To some people rock music is noise. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty open with music. The worst thing I can listen to is country music, though I'll agree that even some of that isn't too bad, however I will never go out of my way to listen to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99