WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That doesn't sound at all pleasant.

No it's not. It's making it hard to concentrate. Waking up at 2:30am with my arm throbbing and my neck aching didn't help. I would say it's worse than when I originally did it back in 2010 but I'd probably be lying.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

No it's not. It's making it hard to concentrate. Waking up at 2:30am with my arm throbbing and my neck aching didn't help. I would say it's worse than when I originally did it back in 2010 but I'd probably be lying.

Couldn't you have taken a sick day?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I should probably get this: Panasonic's 20-inch 4K 'tablet' comes to the US in January for $6,000

Great for watching movies while traveling, and reading papers will be an awesome experience. It also has the power to be a laptop replacement.

6000 $ is a little over my budget though... and I'd have to buy a new bag.

Maybe a bit more than a bag, a better option would be a custom built Otterbox case that most likely costs about as much as the tablet itself! :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Couldn't you have taken a sick day?

I'm not completely disabled. :p I'm doing better now the pain killers are kicking in. It's only ibuprofen but I took two 200mg. :) I'll be taking more at lunch and probably some more at dinner. It's completely inflamed so need to do something. Moving actually helps more than just laying about. I've been stretching it out. Still, it's pretty sore. :/

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Maybe a bit more than a bag, a better option would be a custom built Otterbox case that most likely costs about as much as the tablet itself! :p

I could custom build you a coffee table to put it down on :winktongue:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I should probably get this: Panasonic's 20-inch 4K 'tablet' comes to the US in January for $6,000

Great for watching movies while traveling, and reading papers will be an awesome experience. It also has the power to be a laptop replacement.

6000 $ is a little over my budget though... and I'd have to buy a new bag.

Some people's home TVs are smaller than that. :p That's like a portable TV rather than a tablet.

$6000 USD = 4500 EUR, meh. No thanks. I can get a laptop, tablet and phone combined for cheaper.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Had a few people say they really want one but think most people are put off by the prices. Even with a cheap low spec PC and a touchscreen monitor it would cost close to 1K just for the parts. That's without adding in time for me to design it and build it. Even a basic unit would cost 1500 and that's with me hardly making any money on it. People just don't seem to want to spend the money. It has however given me time to come up with a few more designs so I can showcase what can be done if it comes to it.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

*quickly searches forum for Martin's epic coffee table PC*

I also forgot about that thing. So cool. Would love to try something like that

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

IMO, Martin's table should've been what Microsoft did from the beginning with Microsoft PixelSense.

Wait for Win8, produce PixelSense hardware, put it on Kiosk Mode, voila! Perfection for Table Computing hardware.

PixelSense used to be named Surface, by the way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...any interesting weekend plans? The GF wants Ethiopian food and I'm working on a paper due next week (what else is new there with these papers)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I am hungry, frustrated and tired. I am the perfect example for a PhD student right now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

IMO, Martin's table should've been what Microsoft did from the beginning with Microsoft PixelSense.

Wait for Win8, produce PixelSense hardware, put it on Kiosk Mode, voila! Perfection for Table Computing hardware.

PixelSense used to be named Surface, by the way.

I remember my friend sending me a link to a video about that a few years back. I had wondered what happened to it. Was an interesting concept. I think HP was working on something like that at one point as well. More to do with media than anything else.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I remember my friend sending me a link to a video about that a few years back. I had wondered what happened to it. Was an interesting concept. I think HP was working on something like that at one point as well. More to do with media than anything else.
I could imagine what happened when tablet computing rose to prominence.

*At Redmond*
"Sir, the iPad is a really successful product. It's usual for Apple, but what about us? Surely, we could come up with a competitor..."
"Don't we have some table computers somewhere?"
"Sir, those are tables, not tablets."
"I don't care, just reuse the brand, and add a 't' to the product description."
"What'll happen to the current Surface project?"
"I don't know, rename it to something else, I guess..."

And so, the Microsoft Surface Tablet was born.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I could imagine what happened when tablet computing rose to prominence.

*At Redmond*
"Sir, the iPad is a really successful product. It's usual for Apple, but what about us? Surely, we could come up with a competitor..."
"Don't we have some table computers somewhere?"
"Sir, those are tables, not tablets."
"I don't care, just reuse the brand, and add a 't' to the product description."
"What'll happen to the current Surface project?"
"I don't know, rename it to something else, I guess..."

And so, the Microsoft Surface Tablet was born.

Aside from the 'sir' bit it could have been something like that but I highly doubt it. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Aside from the 'sir' bit it could have been something like that but I highly doubt it. :p

Wasn't Surface after the use for tables used for this 3-screens idea that never went anywhere? Then they recycled it again for the tablets?

I can't find anything about it though, maybe I'm wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb