WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

*quickly searches forum for Martin's epic coffee table PC*

I also forgot about that thing. So cool. Would love to try something like that

After using it practically every day it has amazed me how much sense having a set up like that makes. Its always on and its just so easy to reach forward from the sofa and do what needs to be done then sit back and carry on watching tv. Or having the monitor up and sitting back and playing games in comfort. I can be playing Dota2 finish my game sit back pick up the xbox controller and within a minute be playing on BF4 without even moving. It just works. Every home should have one :winktongue:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

After using it practically every day it has amazed me how much sense having a set up like that makes. Its always on and its just so easy to reach forward from the sofa and do what needs to be done then sit back and carry on watching tv. Or having the monitor up and sitting back and playing games in comfort. I can be playing Dota2 finish my game sit back pick up the xbox controller and within a minute be playing on BF4 without even moving. It just works. Every home should have one :winktongue:

Decadence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Without the gaming aspect I still have a desire to build media PC. I know they're sort of out of fashion these days but I still think they're better than any offering I've seen for connected TV viewing.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Without the gaming aspect I still have a desire to build media PC. I know they're sort of out of fashion these days but I still think they're better than any offering I've seen for connected TV viewing.

My cousin has built a media pc into an ikea tv unit for his front room and hes connected a Kinect for PC for voice recognition and motion control. Works pretty well for his use

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My cousin has built a media pc into an ikea tv unit for his front room and hes connected a Kinect for PC for voice recognition and motion control. Works pretty well for his use

I've been looking at various options for some time. Just trying to convince the other half about it. Sort of like the issue I have with the Surface 2. Justification. :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've been looking at various options for some time. Just trying to convince the other half about it. Sort of like the issue I have with the Surface 2. Justification. :p

I always do stuff and then try and prove its use after the event. I don't like being told "No"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I always do stuff and then try and prove its use after the event. I don't like being told "No"

Yeah. I did the same with the NAS. I just bought it and decided that's how I was going to do things. The wife now likes it. I've unfortunately been having some difficulty getting it set up for remote use though on her laptop. Maybe I can use that as a reason to get the Surface 2. There's an app for the NAS. :p

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I have two. One colour laser the other is an inkjet all-in-one. I mostly use it for the scanner. I don't miss the cables. :p

Yeah I don't like the cable on mine it a bit of a pain to reach and to set up. :p

Specially when the printer upstairs and I normally want to print when I'm down stairs.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I have two. One colour laser the other is an inkjet all-in-one. I mostly use it for the scanner. I don't miss the cables. :p

I read some articles and most say get a laser printer what do you think since you have both types?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I don't like the cable on mine it a bit of a pain to reach and to set up. :p

Specially when the printer upstairs and I normally want to print when I'm down stairs.

Inkjet wireless are dirt cheap. I think I spent ?57 for mine. I think they're even cheaper now.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well that's where you always get ripped off anyway. They're all about the same. I don't use the inkjet for printing. I use the laser.

Yeah I know when I got my printer from a friend he gave me a year supply of cartridges I'm starting to run out.

I should know more about printers working with over 50 which there are 10 to 15 different models, the only thing I learnt apart from fixing them was HP are excellent printers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss