WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've been looking at various options for some time. Just trying to convince the other half about it. Sort of like the issue I have with the Surface 2. Justification. :p

Been doing that dance with the wife for years. Plant the seeds about something I want to buy. She says no. Keep on bringing it up. Still says no. Every time we could use it, point that out. She finally gets tired of listening to me and says go buy the damn thing. Buy it and get it up and running. She likes it and says why didn't we do this sooner. Rinse, lather, repeat.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Been doing that dance with the wife for years. Plant the seeds about something I want to buy. She says no. Keep on bringing it up. Still says no. Every time we could use it, point that out. She finally gets tired of listening to me and says go buy the damn thing. Buy it and get it up and running. She likes it and says why didn't we do this sooner. Rinse, lather, repeat.

You convince me to buy one...

BEST PURCHASE EVER!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some things are easier than others. The NAS I bought was ?99 and that was easy to get through because the price. Anything over ?200 she starts with the, 'Why do we need that?' or the other, 'We have that ability already what's the point?'. So yeah, takes time. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have been contemplating buying the individual pieces for a media PC and then just bring it home one day. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have been contemplating buying the individual pieces for a media PC and then just bring it home one day. :p

I think being a student as long as I was (I started to study something else, before I switched to biology) and therefore always having little money I had to work for at weekends and on night-shifts, implemented some kind of wife-mechanism in my head.

Whenever I want to buy something, my inner wife tells me not to do it, except if I really need it. That's also the reason I'm not afraid that I'll just buy a tablet when I just really feel like doing it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I think being a student as long as I was (I started to study something else, before I switched to biology) and therefore always having little money I had to work for at weekends and on night-shifts, implemented some kind of wife-mechanism in my head.

Whenever I want to buy something, my inner wife tells me not to do it, except if I really need it. That's also the reason I'm not afraid that I'll just buy a tablet when I just really feel like doing it.

I gave up the inner wife when it comes to purchases - Its my money and I like to enjoy it as I see fit - if the bills are paid and the food is on the table anything left is a bonus and for me to spend save on whatever I want - My inner wife is locked in the kitchen.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Nice. Personally I can't watch this. I really loved the next generation as a kid, but I always found the original series silly. I like some of the movies though.

I love the silliness of the originals.

I haven't watch many new generation, I have watch both the new movie release they were okay, I did prefer the second film into darkness only because of Benedict Cumberbatch.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I haven't watch many new generation, I have watch both the new movie release they were okay, I did prefer the second film into darkness only because of Benedict Cumberbatch.

Yes, we were talking about that. I love watching Cumberbatch as Sherlock, and his character was alright in Star Trek 2. However the plot was terrible. Also stuff like interplanetar beaming was just a bad idea to implement. I preferred Star Trek 1 by far.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, we were talking about that. I love watching Cumberbatch as Sherlock, and his character was alright in Star Trek 2. However the plot was terrible. Also stuff like interplanetar beaming was just a bad idea to implement. I preferred Star Trek 1 by far.

Cumberbatch is awesome in Sherlock which the new season will start on New Year day for the UK very excited!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

hehehe wow and again RUE was being a boss in the file manager thread then BAM laura put the hammer down :evil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven