WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I now know why I order a mini HDMI cable instead of a micro HDMI cable on the spec list where I purchased the Surface 2 (PC World) it said mini!

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried amazon or expansys?
Yeah I see it at amazon website. If the 32GB Qi wireless charging 1520 with LTE bands that are some what identical with Att's, isn't available for purchase by Feb 2014. I am either going to get a 920 or wait for the WP8.1 phones(whenever they are released). Even though, It will probably be best to wait until the WP8.1 phones than get a 920 that late through its life-cycle. I will say, it is good to know that the cyan 920 can still be brought unlocked a year after the phone originally drop. Good Job Nokia.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

9900 likes in this thread. Soon we'll be at 10000.

Think about all the happiness this thread has brought to people! 10000 times somebody will have thought: "I like this!"

I like this very much.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
HyperLikes!!!

Had pretty interesting 30minutes of math lesson :p I've been calculating how much I've saved on app/games deals in Windows Phone Store since I bought my Lumia. ;)

So here it is:
150,06$ = 539,69zł (Windows Phone Store exchange rate)

With todays dollar exchange rate (1$~3,13zł) 150,06$ would be worth 469,68zł
Windows Phone ex. rate (including taxes in both countries) = 0,99$=3,49zł

So, I've downloaded WPStore content worth 150$ for free during 8 months of usage :p

#Fact
With 539zł, you could buy here in Poland; a brand new Nokia Lumia 520 on amazon-like website, pay for delivery and buy yourself a cola to celebrate :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I got the 16gb...y I took a look at my L925. I have lots of apps installed. I should tell you that AT&T only offers a 16 gb L925. Minus music, videos, and pictures I still have more than 7gb free. I have the full US map downloaded for Nokia maps and select maps downloaded for Navigon. I am okay with 16gb of apps and everything else on SD. It wont be a problem.

I should also tell you... I GOT A SURFACE PRO...1.... I am so proud of me. :smile::cool::winktongue:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I got the 16gb...y I took a look at my L925. I have lots of apps installed. I should tell you that AT&T only offers a 16 gb L925. Minus music, videos, and pictures I still have more than 7gb free. I have the full US map downloaded for Nokia maps and select maps downloaded for Navigon. I am okay with 16gb of apps and everything else on SD. It wont be a problem.

I should also tell you... I GOT A SURFACE PRO...1.... I am so proud of me. :smile::cool::winktongue:

I'm trying to get a 925 today (t-mobile), assuming the seller isn't flaky. It is a nice phone and a good compliment to my 8X and T100. I liked the 925 over the 920 and would love it in cyan, but I'm dreaming there. Cyan and yellow are nokia's best colors.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I'm trying to get a 925 today (t-mobile), assuming the seller isn't flaky. It is a nice phone and a good compliment to my 8X and T100. I liked the 925 over the 920 and would love it in cyan, but I'm dreaming there. Cyan and yellow are nokia's best colors.

I have the Black one AT&T only offers black, it looks great. Such a thing light device with a great looking display. I would bet you are going to like having one of these.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have the Black one AT&T only offers black, it looks great. Such a thing light device with a great looking display. I would bet you are going to like having one of these.

I always enjoyed the look and feel of the 925. Truthfully, I wanted a 1020 - unlocked, or the 32GB version of the 925. But, in this case I would take the t-mobile version because I don't plan to keep any music on it - it is mostly for camera stuff. I still own a 810 and even though I'm not happy over how t-mo has handled that phone, I can survive if my weekend phone is carrier branded. truth be told that the only WP8 t-mo knows how to sell is the 521.

If the 8X had a better camera, I wouldn't consider a Nokia, but I still plan to use my 8X during the week and my 925 on weekends, especially with the GF.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I never got this. Every kind of storage is getting cheaper and cheaper and bigger and bigger, only in phones and tablets they still put ridiculously little amounts of storage in it. And if you want more, for example Apple charges 100 $ for 16 GB. Funny enough they also only want 100 $ for another 32 GB if you take the 64 GB device.

Personally I think this is just a pure rip off. An expensive 16 GB USB 3 stick costs 40 $, a cheap one 20 $ in Switzerland. 32 GB is maybe 50 % more expensive (still USB 3).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I never got this. Every kind of storage is getting cheaper and cheaper and bigger and bigger, only in phones and tablets they still put ridiculously little amounts of storage in it. And if you want more, for example Apple charges 100 $ for 16 GB. Funny enough they also only want 100 $ for another 32 GB if you take the 64 GB device.

Personally I think this is just a pure rip off. An expensive 16 GB USB 3 stick costs 40 $, a cheap one 20 $ in Switzerland. 32 GB is maybe 50 % more expensive (still USB 3).

Agreed. That's why for much as Nokia was to be praised for filling out their lineup with WP8 models, there were some decisions that were questionable - like the internal storage on the 820/810. HTC is guilty of it too with being stuck on 16GB for the 8X and putting 4GB onboard for the 8S. Guess in their defense is that they use "stats" to show more people are happier with 16GB. Apple just likes to rob folks.

Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

This afternoon I spent some time reordering the tiles on my phones. Just at this moment I found a arrangement I really like.

...and then I realized that the only difference to before is that the Spotify tile is now small and instead the WhatsApp tile has the place of Spotify. Genious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon