WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I only ever use wine for cooking so any bottles we get given get used eventually - Whats odd is that everyone knows I only drink Jack Daniels but I have somehow got a cupboard full of various beers when people bring cases or packs over for BBQ's and just leave them there.

I'm not a beer drinker at all. Last time I had beer in the fridge or otherwise it just sits there waiting for someone else to drink it. We use wine for cooking but we haven't had much wine given to us until recently. They'll eventually get used I'm sure. Either for cooking or drinking.

I haven't had much of the hard stuff lately. I'm more of mix person though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I missed Wolverine at the cinema but its due out on xbox so might catch it then - had quite a film orientated weekend. Went and saw Thor 2 which I thought was OK - then had a late night movie session watching all the films that I wanted to see but didn't really interest my girlfriend - and seeing as she was out watched After Earth and Faster. Both were a bit "meh" to be honest. Watched This is the end last night which was mildly amusing - interesting seeing actors just play themselves rather than a character. Really want to watch Pacific Rim when its up for rent on xbox.

I've had a real hard time getting into movies lately. Not sure why that is. I think I had an overdose of RomComs. :p That and not much interests me really. I find most comedies are dull and anything else is bland. LOL!

I have two movies I want to see that are in the theatre. I want to go see Gravity and that other one about the opera singer. I'm not expecting much from Gravity though. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I liked Pacific Rim. It's silly fun, but it is fun. Well, you shouldn't put too much thought into the ending...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Odd that as I researched on water, I found polywater.

First I was surprised I have never heard of polywater. Water is quite the important subject in biology as it is the physiological solvent everything is happening in. We had to study its physical properties quite extensively. Then I read this:

Increased press attention also brought with it increased scientific attention, and as early as 1970 doubts about its authenticity were being circulated.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] By 1973 it was found to be illusory, being just water with any number of common organic compounds contaminating it.[SUP][4][/SUP]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polywater

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

First I was surprised I have never heard of polywater. Water is quite the important subject in biology as it is the physiological solvent everything is happening in. We had to study its physical properties quite extensively. Then I read this:

I find it interesting how these things keep going even after being disputed. I like the part in the Wiki article by Richard Feynman.

if such a material existed, then there would exist an animal that would not need food. That animal would just ingest water and excrete polywater, using the energy released on the process to survive

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...overslept but didn't sleep well. Running late today...but looking forward to getting that cyan 920 at the end of the day...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hope your L920 experience is better than mine. :)

We'll see. I got the dreaded AT&T model, so who knows what that means in terms updates...I'm semi-kidding when I say that. I think it should be ok. If I run into a 925, my friend is getting the 920. Still, it's gonna look nice with either of my cyan purity headphones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Some phones do need a case. I'm hopeful that my 8X can survive the day case-less...i usually take the case off at home because it leaves marks on it if left on too long and of course I dashed out with the holster but no case. I care my stuff pretty well so it should be all good

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We'll see. I got the dreaded AT&T model, so who knows what that means in terms updates...I'm semi-kidding when I say that. I think it should be ok. If I run into a 925, my friend is getting the 920. Still, it's gonna look nice with either of my cyan purity headphones.

I had the cog wheels of death syndrome prior to them releasing that fix software and I have the battery drain issue. Hope you suffer neither. I would recommend doing a reset on it prior to personalizing it to ensure you don't have the cog wheel issue. Nothing worse than losing everything!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Some phones do need a case. I'm hopeful that my 8X can survive the day case-less...i usually take the case off at home because it leaves marks on it if left on too long and of course I dashed out with the holster but no case. I care my stuff pretty well so it should be all good

I never even thought about a case when I had my 8x that phones curves are just too sexy to cover up.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I never even thought about a case when I had my 8x that phones curves are just too sexy to cover up.

How true. I never used a case and it still looks almost new and I still find it one of the most beautiful phones.

Funny enough, when I saw the first pictures I didn't like it. I changed my mind when I saw it for the first time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

One thing I would improve on the 920 is the battery size, I can barely make it through 8 hours.

The battery on the L920 is pathetic. Not sure why that is though. I've contemplated changing mine but I'm unsure if there are other hardware factors behind how crap it is.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

One thing I would improve on the 920 is the battery size, I can barely make it through 8 hours.

Since I don't commute anymore, my 8X battery lasts forever. It's 2 hours less of listening to music and 1 hour less of potentially playing around with the thing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had the cog wheels of death syndrome prior to them releasing that fix software and I have the battery drain issue. Hope you suffer neither. I would recommend doing a reset on it prior to personalizing it to ensure you don't have the cog wheel issue. Nothing worse than losing everything!

After I unlock it, since I'm on t-mobile, it's gonna get reset first thing. It is funny because now all,my phones will have sealed batteries and LCD screens in common (8X, 920, N4). At least my wireless charging plate will still get use...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The battery on the L920 is pathetic. Not sure why that is though. I've contemplated changing mine but I'm unsure if there are other hardware factors behind how crap it is.

I'm holding off for a new phone for a few more years so hoping it a software issue.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I use two cases...a clear crystal case that sometimes is dust prone or my holster case which had a built in kickstand in the back. I'm a case guy because my phone turnover rate it so high that I have to protect them so when I sell them back, I pay minimal cash differences for a new model...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss