WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Not looking forward to snow in the UK - They only have to forecast it and everything grinds to a halt.

In Switzerland people get crazy the first time it snows, then they remember that it's the same as every year and everything gets back to normal.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not looking forward to snow in the UK - They only have to forecast it and everything grinds to a halt.

True. Very true. I remember being on a train last year and they said the trains were running late due to 'severe weather conditions', in other words, a sprinkling of snow on the tracks. The trains were backed up and took us I think one hour or so to get to London when it usually takes 25mins. We had relatives from Finland with us. They were confused as to why things were so bad because we didn't see any snow....

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Meanwhile, here snow never falls, maybe in the mountains 80kms away, but yeah. Snow doesn't exist here. :(

Actually that's a good thing, without snow, the *****'s who drive like asses wouldn't cause accidents every few minutes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the problems surrounding why the UK runs so poorly with snow is due more to legal issues than the actual ability to run services. Ignoring the airports at the moment.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Meanwhile, here snow never falls, maybe in the mountains 80kms away, but yeah. Snow doesn't exist here. :(

Actually that's a good thing, without snow, the *****'s who drive like asses wouldn't cause accidents every few minutes.

Where are you from?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There are a lot of bad drivers in Australia. Not too mention some weird driving rules.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

There are a lot of bad drivers in Australia. Not too mention some weird driving rules.

Well a good example of a bad driver was one guy who was on his P's (18 to 22 years of age, most of them are idiots with locally produced vehicles) who just simply decided it was a good idea to stop at the middle of the road with 10 + cars behind him, he did it just so he could take a call, and he banked up traffic for a long time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well a good example of a bad driver was one guy who was on his P's (18 to 22 years of age, most of them are idiots with locally produced vehicles) who just simply decided it was a good idea to stop at the middle of the road with 10 + cars behind him, he did it just so he could take a call, and he banked up traffic for a long time.

There are a lot of young moronic drivers in Australia, apparently large quantities in Melbourne. The amount of hoons was ridiculous. Must be the weather. At least in colder climates you get a break from it as they don't want to take their 'precious' vehicle out during bad weather. :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

There are a lot of young moronic drivers in Australia, apparently large quantities in Melbourne. The amount of hoons was ridiculous. Must be the weather. At least in colder climates you get a break from it as they don't want to take their 'precious' vehicle out during bad weather. :p

Melbourne apparently have among the worst drivers in the world. :\

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Melbourne apparently have among the worst drivers in the world. :\

Why am I not surprised. :p

I remember watching some news programs about the hoons in Melbourne and how they brought in that program where they would take the cars off the hoons and crush them if they didn't fix them or had bad driving records. Was great and I personally think it's the only way to teach them a lesson.

I'm an advocate for noise reduction personally though there are those who would disagree. I really dislike loud vehicles. I'm happy for loud vehicles at an event but not for every day driving conditions there should be better laws and non compliance should result in removal of said vehicle.

Maybe I'm just getting old... :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In German, a hangover is called Kater. A Kater is a male cat.

However, I just went to Wikipedia to check what this really is about, and there they say it has nothing to do with cats. It's a word derived from Katarrh a disease not related to felines or alcohol.

I thought you should know.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In German, a hangover is called Kater. A Kater is a male cat.

However, I just went to Wikipedia to check what this really is about, and there they say it has nothing to do with cats. It's a word derived from Katarrh a disease not related to felines or alcohol.

I thought you should know.

Here's some British/Aussie word games for you and some humour. I have a sore neck/shoulder/arm thing happening currently. I forgot the name of someone I had to contact so I went and asked they guy who originally told me. The guy's name is Phil Payne. So for me to 'remember' Phil's name I was told to relate me 'own' pain to Phil's. So now when I'm sore I can just say 'Phil is really giving me a problem today.'

See if you can sort that out. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Here's some British/Aussie word games for you and some humour. I have a sore neck/shoulder/arm thing happening currently. I forgot the name of someone I had to contact so I went and asked they guy who originally told me. The guy's name is Phil Payne. So for me to 'remember' Phil's name I was told to relate me 'own' pain to Phil's. So now when I'm sore I can just say 'Phil is really giving me a problem today.'

See if you can sort that out. :p

That's the sort of mnemonic (I looked this word up, does that exist? In German it's a Eselsbr?cke, a bridge for a donkey) I have to use all the time.

But who is calling their son "Feel Pain" (Phil Payne)? ;-)

How would you even pronounce mnemonic?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte