WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Never actually read the Dark Tower series. Read the majority of his others though between the ages of 11 and 20 - then went on a long Terry Pratchett run with almost all his books and graduated to Clive Barker for my Horror fix.

I started to read the Dark Tower, I think I made it until half of the second book. I just didn't get into it, mostly because the protagonist was just not likable. If I don't like the most important person, and even more importantly don't care about him, then I see no sense in reading the book.

I loved the Terry Pratchett books I have read, but I have read only 3 or 4.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I started to read the Dark Tower, I think I made it until half of the second book. I just didn't get into it, mostly because the protagonist was just not likable. If I don't like the most important person, and even more importantly don't care about him, then I see no sense in reading the book.

I loved the Terry Pratchett books I have read, but I have read only 3 or 4.

The Dark Tower series is actually one book over several books. It's typical King writing with a lot of past flashbacks. I remember finding the first two hard to get through but the third was better. I plan to give a go again anyway.

I need read some Pratchett as everyone keeps saying how good the books are.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The Dark Tower series is actually one book over several books. It's typical King writing with a lot of past flashbacks. I remember finding the first two hard to get through but the third was better. I plan to give a go again anyway.

I need read some Pratchett as everyone keeps saying how good the books are.

Definitely give some Pratchett a read im pretty stoic at the best of times but some of Pratchetts books have made me laugh out loud on public transport.. Would recommend some of his earlier books though pre 2007 while his latest work is still really good its not got the humour it used to have.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

We are talking about reading in a tech forum. We should be discussing Angry Birds, Instagram and Justin Bieber!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I'm one week closer to thanksgiving week...which means I'm free from work that week...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

We are talking about reading in a tech forum. We should be discussing Angry Birds, Instagram and Justin Bieber!

Its good to unplug every once in a while and lose yourself in the pages of a good book. Cant be tech all the time we aren't machines.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I haven't really read any Pratchett or King. I do remember seeing a book cover by King where a person was slowly turning into a cow. Weird.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I'm one week closer to thanksgiving week...which means I'm free from work that week...

Morning - Being a New Yorker are you a Giants or Jets fan - or not into football? (in which case this will be a short conversation)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I have to catch up on my reading, however I prefer reading off my phone because it remembers what page im on.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Morning - Being a New Yorker are you a Giants or Jets fan - or not into football? (in which case this will be a short conversation)

I'm a Giants fan by transplant. I cheer loudly for the NYJets twice a year - whenever they play the Patriots. I'm originally a Jaguars fan - simply because when I stared watching the NFL on cable in Jamaica, I had to teach myself the game and I liked what the Jags were doing at the time (always liked rooting for the upstarts), and we would get a lot of Jags games. It's easy to root for the Giants because ex Jags coach Tom Coughlin is in charge. Jets...i watch their games though, but I couldn't get behind them for some reason, except for when they play the Pats.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I haven't really read any Pratchett or King. I do remember seeing a book cover by King where a person was slowly turning into a cow. Weird.

A good first book by King is Firestarter or IT. If you want something a little weird than The Dark Tower series.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm a Giants fan by transplant. I cheer loudly for the NYJets twice a year - whenever they play the Patriots. I'm originally a Jaguars fan - simply because when I stared watching the NFL on cable in Jamaica, I had to teach myself the game and I liked what the Jags were doing at the time (always liked rooting for the upstarts), and we would get a lot of Jags games. It's easy to root for the Giants because ex Jags coach Tom Coughlin is in charge. Jets...i watch their games though, but I couldn't get behind them for some reason, except for when they play the Pats.

I support any team that plays the Patriots. Was good to watch the Giants game last night though - Put a bet on at the start of the season for them to win the superbowl then again when they went 0-6 - will be very happy if they make it, the odds I got when they were 0-6 were ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99