WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I never got through The Stand. I read IT in two weeks. I had too much time on my hands at the time. I hated the TV adaptation of IT.

Yeah nearly all TV adaptions are incredibly poor - The shining translated well though to film, although think that was more down to Jack Nicholson's ability as an actor.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah nearly all TV adaptions are incredibly poor - The shining translated well though to film, although think that was more down to Jack Nicholson's ability as an actor.

I think to pull off King on TV or film both good actors and director are needed. I'd love to see a remake of Firestarter or other King movies with the current technology available. That was part of the let down of the movies.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My colleagues really liked the Russenzopf, and the chocolate cake was great too. I'm becoming quite the little baker ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I support any team that plays the Patriots. Was good to watch the Giants game last night though - Put a bet on at the start of the season for them to win the superbowl then again when they went 0-6 - will be very happy if they make it, the odds I got when they were 0-6 were ridiculous.

The problem with the Giants is that they are thin depth wise. No running game, defense in transition...the strength of the team is still its pass rush & its most dynamic element is Eli & the receivers on the deep ball. I don't trust any team in the NFC East this year. Even if the Giants get in, they may get a Carolina, or SF...not good matchups at all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Got pictures forthcoming...my work is off to a good start with my 920 greeting my when I walked in. It is just me or do I still think the 8X has a better looking screen?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The Stand is an outstanding book. A long read but worth it. Considering what they had to work with, the mini series adaptation wasn't bad.

I liked the book when I first read it in German. (It's funny, if I read a translated book now it's just awful, the English language doesn't translate well directly if you know both languages, a book written in German by a German author is an entirely different experience, so nowadays I read of course English books always in English.) I still liked it when I watched the mini series in German. I liked the book later when I read it again in English and I still liked the mini series in English.

There are parts in the story I find a little too much over the top, but I have a thing for apocalyptic scenarios and this one is great.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, agreed with the over the top in parts. Almost like he had painted himself into a corner with no subtle way out. I think one thing that helped the mini series translation was the casting. If you read the book beforehand, the casting was very well done.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You really should give it another try.

This is going to sound ironic, but the reason I didn't finish the book is that I ended up getting a very nasty flu while reading it. I was even off work for a few days with it. I had the flu for a good two/three weeks which was unusual for me. So I sort of left it there.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

This is going to sound ironic, but the reason I didn't finish the book is that I ended up getting a very nasty flu while reading it. I was even off work for a few days with it. I had the flu for a good two/three weeks which was unusual for me. So I sort of left it there.

I can relate, I've been fighting one for about 3 weeks myself. And to be honest Mr. LaRue, my original reply was a tongue in cheek comment referring to another thread. But I edited it because it might have opened a can of worms!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can relate, I've been fighting one for about 3 weeks myself. And to be honest Mr. LaRue, my original reply was a tongue in cheek comment referring to another thread. But I edited it because it might have opened a can of worms!

Sorry bit slow today. :p I was actually referring to The Stand. LOL! I don't usually get ill that easily but I had a couple of bad years where I got some fairly nasty flus.

The other mods took my fun away... :( I was arguing with people about SD cards. Oh well. :p

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

It was a comment referring to your argument that I edited. I knew you would take it in the spirit it was meant. But coming from a mod, it might have left the door open for people who got in trouble in the thread to complain about it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It was a comment referring to your argument that I edited. I knew you would take it in the spirit it was meant. But coming from a mod, it might have left the door open for people who got in trouble in the thread to complain about it.

I must be really slow today. I completely missed that. Can you spell it out for me? LOL! What comment did you edit?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Got pictures forthcoming...my work is off to a good start with my 920 greeting my when I walked in. It is just me or do I still think the 8X has a better looking screen?

I've never seen the 8X. I think the 920 has a great screen personally. Most people comment how nice it is when I show them pics on it.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I must be really slow today. I completely missed that. Can you spell it out for me? LOL! What comment did you edit?

I hope I edited it before anyone saw it, lol. But my original comment was you're st......

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hope I edited it before anyone saw it, lol. But my original comment was you're st......

I didn't see it and I'm still at a loss but that's ok. :p I'm not on the ball at all today. :p

Edit... I think I get it now. :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Its not just you - indoors the 8x screen is better than the 920 and even the 1020 - take it out in sunlight though and its a no contest in favour of the nokias

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs