WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have a bad feeling snowflake will give me a lesson on the metric system soon so I better be leaving now ...laters all

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

That why I pick shopto there warranty is one year and will instantly replace the console and pick up the broken one at the same time.

And if they have no stock, what will happen? That's what I'm worried about, if I receive a defective xbox one.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

ehhhhh its not the I didn't learn it its just I never did understand it that is why im not a science major :smile:

Okay, I was shocked there for a moment. Actually it's very easy. I know, you probably aren't interested in this, but it is really easy.

Let's take a meter as an example. A meter is just a measure, like a foot or a mile. Of course it is scientifically defined, but this doesn't really interest us non-physicists. We have a meter and that's it, we don't have anything else to measure length.

Of course, it would be uncomfortable to always have to write: "I traveled 100 000 meters" or "A bacterium is 0.000001 meter" and therefore we take the decimal power and give it a funny name. Instead of 100 000 meters we write 100 * 10^3 meters. And we define 10^3 as kilo, short k. That means 100 000 meters become 100 kilometers, hence 100 km. The same for small numbers. 0.000001 becomes 1 * 10^(-6), 10^(-6) is called micro, hence a bacterium is usually around 1 micrometer, 1 μm in size.

No you just have to remember the name for the decimal powers in an area you need it, for normal people it's millimeter, centimeter, kilometer. And then you do the same for kg, for mol, for K, and so on.

Is that clear? Sometimes I think about becoming a teacher after my PhD ;-)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Okay, I was shocked there for a moment. Actually it's very easy. I know, you probably aren't interested in this, but it is really easy.

Let's take a meter as an example. A meter is just a measure, like a foot or a mile. Of course it is scientifically defined, but this doesn't really interest us non-physicists. We have a meter and that's it, we don't have anything else to measure length.

Of course, it would be uncomfortable to always have to write: "I traveled 100 000 meters" or "A bacterium is 0.000001 meter" and therefore we take the decimal power and give it a funny name. Instead of 100 000 meters we write 100 * 10^3 meters. And we define 10^3 as kilo, short k. That means 100 000 meters become 100 kilometers, hence 100 km. The same for small numbers. 0.000001 becomes 1 * 10^(-6), 10^(-6) is called micro, hence a bacterium is usually around 1 micrometer, 1 μm in size.

No you just have to remember the name for the decimal powers in an area you need it, for normal people it's millimeter, centimeter, kilometer. And then you do the same for kg, for mol, for K, and so on.

Do it become a teacher of science!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In the US it's inch, foot, yard and mile. That's probably why it's confusing for them. :p There's no such thing as powers of 10 working with those measurements.

Why not? Sounds like fun. :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Woah, 10^3 looks like the stuff we are doing in our math classes. Index Forms.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

People keep telling me they can't here we well on the phone. The first two or three times I thought it's reception, but it seems to be a real problem.

So, what do we have: Restarts, SIM errors, loose USB contact, microphone defective. I've asked a friend if I can borrow a phone from her. I really have to send my beloved 8X in now.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

People keep telling me they can't here we well on the phone. The first two or three times I thought it's reception, but it seems to be a real problem.

So, what do we have: Restarts, SIM errors, loose USB contact, microphone defective. I've asked a friend if I can borrow a phone from her. I really have to send my beloved 8X in now.

Seems to be the microphone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably get her boyfriend's old Lumia 800. That would be perfect.

Wish I could spot you my 810. Yup, looks like they need to just send you a new model. One of my coworkers 8X on VZW I think something is up with her SIM card slot. She doesn't get data as easily as she should. She isn't out of space (10.5GB free on her phone). Guess it is just time for yours to get looked at...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

heheheh I just got schooled XD well I have to re-read it like 5 more times and then do some more studying to just to comprehend it ..... that's why im a computer networking major only logical thinking without the math part.... well if you consider how many routers, switches and server and computers are needed then yes I need math :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos