WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've heard that Zune was great I wonder what the hell happened when they brought out W8. Their software for audio playback is horrible. I've head Xbox Music interface is not that great either. Hopefully this all gets fixed. Playing music on their mobile is important for a lot of people stuffing that up is equivalent to shooting yourself.

Zune was actually better than iTunes in some spots but was a complete resource hog one PCs. Zune was nice too on WP7, but it was the audio drivers that held it back - I used to listen to music at 22/30 volume all the time during my commute just to hear anything clearly. Now I'm in the 13-16/30 range on WP8.

MSFT did the right thing by chucking it, but in true MSFT fashion, they gutted it instead of having a true replacement ready. Still no creative and edit easily a native playlist...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

MSFT did the right thing by chucking it, but in true MSFT fashion, they gutted it instead of having a true replacement ready. Still no creative and edit easily a native playlist...

It's probably one of the more irritating aspects of MS. People were expecting a more finished product than what they put out. I don't think their way of doing things really works for mobile.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

It's probably one of the more irritating aspects of MS. People were expecting a more finished product than what they put out. I don't think their way of doing things really works for mobile.

I really hope 8.1 changes a lot and fixes everything. I'm tired of people saying, including myself, and we have to "give it time". "Windows Phone is new, it will be better with Mango...Windows Phone 8 will change everything!...Windows Phone 8 is new, GDR2 will fix it...Windows Phone 8.1 will be the next big thing!" I'm sick and tired of this, and Microsoft needs to shape up. Not in a few months, not in a year, now. No more excuses.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I really hope 8.1 changes a lot and fixes everything. I'm tired of people saying, including myself, and we have to "give it time". "Windows Phone is new, it will be better with Mango...Windows Phone 8 will change everything!...Windows Phone 8 is new, GDR2 will fix it...Windows Phone 8.1 will be the next big thing!" I'm sick and tired of this, and Microsoft needs to shape up. Not in a few months, not in a year, now. No more excuses.

I'd expect more rapid improvements with Nokia being part of Microsoft, since Nokia has already brought improvements of its own faster than Microsoft.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'd expect more rapid improvements with Nokia being part of Microsoft, since Nokia has already brought improvements of its own faster than Microsoft.

The transition will certainly slow things down. I hope after the recovery there will be more of Nokia left than of Microsoft Windows Phone devision.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My understanding is that there's been a WP8.1 team and a WP8 update team. Which makes sense. With Nokia on board and hopefully some of their programmers, I hope to see some major improvements.

I think if MS doesn't get things to a level that appeals to the current users and attract new users with WP8.1 I think WP will either become niche or start it's downward trend to obliteration. Nothing against MS or wanting to see them fail just an opinion. They really need to pull out all the stops on this update. I don't personally care about some of the requests that are coming in from old Symbian and Android users but if they can implement a system that will appeal to those users then I can see WP doing very well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The transition will certainly slow things down. I hope after the recovery there will be more of Nokia left than of Microsoft Windows Phone devision.

If it slows down I think people will start to tire of WP. That's just an opinion. WP8.1 needs to come out in the first quarter next year, sooner rather than later.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

If it slows down I think people will start to tire of WP. That's just an opinion. WP8.1 needs to come out in the first quarter next year, sooner rather than later.

And they can't released it half baked, it needs to be full featured, and not us keep waiting and waiting.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Im pretty sure there is a "What WP needs to succeed" thread. Y'all stop pollutin' this thread with your negative waves

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Im pretty sure there is a "What WP needs to succeed" thread. Y'all stop pollutin' this thread with your negative waves

The waves are not negative, just realistic.

Look how long Motorola didn't do anything after the take-over of Google. And yes, I have no idea if this is comparable ;-)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well now im back and not ready for school again ... and if I had 3 wishes it would be able to 1) read the hearts and minds of people 2 ) able to go back in time any time I want 3 ) 3 more wishes :cool:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Look how long Motorola didn't do anything after the take-over of Google. And yes, I have no idea if this is comparable ;-)

Its negative realism - we need realistic optimism people!!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

it finaly rained i never thought the day would come where i would see rain in northern Cali .. i got tired of having high 70's and low 80's

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Was Motorola ever popular outside of North America?

I think a lot might've had to do with that issue, which is the same with Nokia.

Motorola seemed to be more popular here in the US with CDMA carriers. I don't recall AT&T offering much from Motorola in the past.

Nokia was pretty much a feature phone brand on GSM carriers here in the US, but they never had much if anything for CDMA; nor did they have much presence here in terms of smartphones. BlackBerry and Palm were the popular early smartphones here.

So I think Nokia was trying to establish itself in North America without much brand recognition, and the same applied to Motorola in the rest of the world.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Was Motorola ever popular outside of North America?

I think a lot might've had to do with that issue, which is the same with Nokia.

Motorola seemed to be more popular here in the US with CDMA carriers. I don't recall AT&T offering much from Motorola in the past.

Nokia was pretty much a feature phone brand on GSM carriers here in the US, but they never had much if anything for CDMA; nor did they have much presence here in terms of smartphones. BlackBerry and Palm were the popular early smartphones here.

So I think Nokia was trying to establish itself in North America without much brand recognition, and the same applied to Motorola in the rest of the world.

We had the Atrix's. The last Motorola device before the Moto X on AT&T was the Atrix HD.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

We had the Atrix's. The last Motorola device before the Moto X on AT&T was the Atrix HD.

I'm talking prior to Android. I don't remember seeing many feature phones from Motorola at AT&T or Cingular. Verizon and Sprint always had a lot of Motorola feature phones, like AT&T/Cingular had a lot of Nokia feature phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte