WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The more I learn about the way Google uses information, the more I backtrack from any of their products. I understand MS is not innocent in this and uses Bing in much the same manner as Google, but I also understand how more generic and upfront MS is about it. As this is Googles bread and butter, they have to be "blood in the water" aggresive with selling information.

Other then You Tube, I am pretty much free from Google. Which is a shame, because while I like WP better, I do enjoy Android devices and all the options out there.

I just do not trust them.

In the 'information age' no company is beyond suspect. I don't personally trust any of them. I see it as a necessary evil and I more less know what I'm getting into with them. I try not to let it bother me. Some people are over paranoid though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The weather has just changed. We're getting driving rain and some hail even. Wonderful stuff. :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The weather has just changed. We're getting driving rain and some hail even. Wonderful stuff. :/

We have just some... how do you call very little rain but it's everywhere in small droplets? That we have at the moment. Not very comfortable outside but I'm back in the lab now and should see if I can book a device for tomorrow.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

We have just some... how do you call very little rain but it's everywhere in small droplets? That we have at the moment. Not very comfortable outside but I'm back in the lab now and should see if I can book a device for tomorrow.

Drizzle?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes, that is it! Funnily I thought it is this, then I mixed it up with a German word and then I didn't know it in German or English ;-)

The German one is nieseln, but in my had it was rieseln, which sounds a little like drizzle. I'm glad my French is terrible or I would be even more confused all the time ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, that is it! Funnily I thought it is this, then I mixed it up with a German word and then I didn't know it in German or English ;-)

The German one is nieseln, but in my had it was rieseln, which sounds a little like drizzle. I'm glad my French is terrible or I would be even more confused all the time ;-)

Speaking of French, we're heading to France for a Christmas market, just to be different. :p The ferry is cheap and we're going to use our car. Funnily enough I wouldn't mind heading to Bruges as well but I don't think my wife wants to. Oh well. We do plan to drive through more of the EU over the next few years. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Still feeling unfocused...looking forward to doing my workshop with a small group of young men at one of our partner agencies this afternoon. Gonna show a PSA I oversaw in the group as a part of it to see what they think...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of French, we're heading to France for a Christmas market, just to be different. :p The ferry is cheap and we're going to use our car. Funnily enough I wouldn't mind heading to Bruges as well but I don't think my wife wants to. Oh well. We do plan to drive through more of the EU over the next few years. :)

Don't forget, if you ever make it to Switzerland, you have to buy Zopf in a bakery! ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Still feeling unfocused...looking forward to doing my workshop with a small group of young men at one of our partner agencies this afternoon. Gonna show a PSA I oversaw in the group as a part of it to see what they think...

I am also unfocused today. I have to prepare buffer solution, and it's pretty tedious.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My paper is still not complete...debating whether to go to my class today, go drinking with my coworkers or to just grab a beer, go home and wrote this paper. Not sure what I'm doing yet...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am also unfocused today. I have to prepare buffer solution, and it's pretty tedious.

I think i'm just tired and the grind of the semester is catching up to me. Even the last paper I did for this class I was unfocused and handed it in late. This semester of four jobs (work, my commute, full time classes, and a GF) has been a very long one...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think i'm just tired and the grind of the semester is catching up to me. Even the last paper I did for this class I was unfocused and handed it in late. This semester of four jobs (work, my commute, full time classes, and a GF) has been a very long one...

I see only one solution for you, you have to get a clone!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes I forget just how much of this forum is not U.S. Here I am thinking "He is going all the way to France?? HOW COOL!!"

Then I read the rest of the post and felt like a snobbish stupid American.

I mean, it is still cool, just not "fly from the other side of the globe, been saving my money for a year for this trip" cool....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I mostly blame the GF. We know you are He-Man enough to whup the other 3 on that list...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes I forget just how much of this forum is not U.S. Here I am thinking "He is going all the way to France?? HOW COOL!!"

Then I read the rest of the post and felt like a snobbish stupid American.

I mean, it is still cool, just not "fly from the other side of the globe, been saving my money for a year for this trip" cool....

If it's any consolation I'm flying to Toronto in December to spend Christmas with the family. Haven't seen most of them for about 6 years (my mother and her partner came to visit last year).

Also we're taking the ferry over and our car to France. We're heading to a small town in the north of France. Might go somewhere else but we're not sure. It's only for a three day weekend. :p (that probably didn't make things any better did it?)

Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I like living in Central Europe, everything European is so near. On the other hand everything American (South and North) is so far...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like living in Central Europe, everything European is so near. On the other hand everything American (South and North) is so far...

Sometimes I wish I was on the mainland but then I don't mind being in the UK. :)

Some people get obsessed with the USA. It's a bit of trend again I've noticed, especially with the younger generation. In Australia there as a trend to follow everything the US did, including gang violence and gangsta style. In the UK there's still more of a individuality but there's a comparing to the US time to time and the rest of the EU.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes I wish I was on the mainland but then I don't mind being in the UK. :)

Some people get obsessed with the USA. It's a bit of trend again I've noticed, especially with the younger generation. In Australia there as a trend to follow everything the US did, including gang violence and gangsta style. In the UK there's still more of a individuality but there's a comparing to the US time to time and the rest of the EU.

We're all about gang violence and gangsta style here in the US. I'm rocking my gangsta style apparel at work right now and i'm probably going to go beat some people up during my lunch break. Thug life, ya know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs