WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ah. I haven't used any of the Instagram apps yet. I was thinking of downloading the official one and see what all the fuss is about. I expect it to get better. :)

I don't think I have any friends using Instagram. My friends are sooo lame.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I like 6tag as well. Very well presented and is really fluid.

Mainly signed up to since my cousin was on it and to see what it was about. I have 6 followers, including my cousin plus a few WPC forum haha. It's a pretty cool app.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think I have any friends using Instagram. My friends are sooo lame.

I don't know anyone on it personally. I have a feeling there are people I know on it but since I don't have an account I never bothered to check.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't know anyone on it personally. I have a feeling there are people I know on it but since I don't have an account I never bothered to check.

I'm drinking my first coffee of today. I was pretty busy in the morning, now I have an incubation. Being busy while tired is nice, the tiredness seems less intense.

Wait, Instagram. Does the Lumia 620 have a flash? I'm thinking about buying a 620, sending my 8X in and then giving the 620 to my mother.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm drinking my first coffee of today. I was pretty busy in the morning, now I have an incubation. Being busy while tired is nice, the tiredness seems less intense.

Wait, Instagram. Does the Lumia 620 have a flash? I'm thinking about buying a 620, sending my 8X in and then giving the 620 to my mother.

Yes. Nokia Lumia 620 - Full phone specifications

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've come to the conclusion that WPC is just a big site for people to come and have a whinge. :p

Instagram is out and already they're moaning about the tile colour. LOL!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Back on the rush hour with my 8X in tow...i seriously wished they had put a better camera in this thing...still love my 920 and plan to use it on weekends and when I'm going out to places where a good camera is required...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

that's a great idea. The 620 is nice from what I've seen at its price point. Would you buy the yellow + green one?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Me too. Just about catching up does not equal parity.

When apps are launched on all three OS's at the same time we can claim the 3rd ecosystem spot. Until then we are still just the red headed stepchild of the mobile scene.

Oh, we will always be behind. No matter what, we will never have the same number of apps. We hit 100,000, Android has 800,000 and Apple 900,000. We get to 250,000- they have 850,000 and 1,000,000. If we get to 1,000,000- they will both be over 1.5 mill.

But, the idea of us getting apps at about the same time as the other 2 will do me just fine. I am still waiting ever so impatiantly for Plants VS. Zombies 2. My local Credit Union has an iPhone app, and has beenworking on an Android one. Bet they have never even HEARD of WP...

So what. This has still been a good month for WP, and I am glad MS is bragging.

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

Oh, we will always be behind. No matter what, we will never have the same number of apps. We hit 100,000, Android has 800,000 and Apple 900,000. We get to 250,000- they have 850,000 and 1,000,000. If we get to 1,000,000- they will both be over 1.5 mill.

But, the idea of us getting apps at about the same time as the other 2 will do me just fine. I am still waiting ever so impatiantly for Plants VS. Zombies 2. My local Credit Union has an iPhone app, and has beenworking on an Android one. Bet they have never even HEARD of WP...

So what. This has still been a good month for WP, and I am glad MS is bragging.
are you nuts, we need quality not quantity, and we almost reached there, now we have number of quality apps

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

are you nuts, we need quality not quantity, and we almost reached there, now we have number of quality apps

No need to argue and you should read his comment better. He wasn't saying that we need that many apps just an example of exponential growth. Quality is always preferable to quantity. We do need more banking apps and other apps the appear for Apple and Android but not WP. We're way behind in a lot of ways.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There are enough possibilities to be impolite in other threads. So please, if you can't reach at least a minimal level of civility don't post here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
No need to argue and you should read his comment better.

This seeing but not reading/hearing but not listening reminds me of the following story:

In High School we had to gather once a week in the large school auditorium for worship. My HS was from 7th-12th grade, so what they would do is split the school in half: one day they would have the 7th-9th graders worship together, another day its the 10th-12th graders. Why? There are 45 students per homeroom class and 8 home room classes per grade. In the 12th grade you had 4 homerooms with 25 students each. Do the math - that's a lot of teens, most don't like to shut up in a large group.

Now it is a big *** auditorium, even though the while school cannot fit in it all at once. For worship, there are no chairs - we have to stand in lines forming columns based on our homerooms. Spacing had to be even because the homeroom teachers would walk through to take attendance make sure people weren't doing stupid stuff like being on any electronics (handheld games, Walkman, and a few cell phones) or talking or grabbing or picking fights. Students were positioned in the line usually by height so that the Principal and VPs could see everyone and point out troublemakers.

So one day, the place was full and we all were waiting for worship to start. So they're doing the sound check and the place fell silent enough you could hear a pin drop. I'm at the back of my homeroom class' line at the FAR END of the auditorium (because I was late) and one of the students on stage says "testing, 1-2-3. Can you hear me in the back?" My friend standing next to me yells out "NO! Can you speak louder?"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just had a rather embarrassing situation with mobile phones. QR code apps for WP are really pathetic. I had an iPhone and a cheap Android scan QR codes with no issues. I tried three different apps, (4 stars +) not one of them worked. Truly sad for a phone with such a great camera.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Lesson learned: I'm too old to pull all-nighters to write papers, so I will write them at work instead between patients...sigh...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The black one, because it's by far the cheapest in my go-to store :)

Cool. And here I was thinking you just had an affinity for black colors phones...

Off to try and finish this paper. Will lurk and maybe post again around lunch...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6