WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Even today, people still exist that have long hair. I even know some of them, mostly female, however not limited to this gender. Interestingly I know also ladies with short hair.
er what I meant to say that guys had very long hair back then :wink: or at least I think they were all guys o.o

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

er what I meant to say that guys had very long hair back then :wink: or at least I think they were all guys o.o

What do you mean 'back then'? Guys still have long hair today. It was until the mid 90s that you still saw guys with long hair as well. It's only been the last little while that it's become 'rare' again. However, men have had long hair for centuries. We have this weird perception short hair is the norm where it isn't. Hair styles go in and out of style. Take ancient Egypt, they went around bald. They had an obsession with being hairless.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Apart from the SIM errors and restarts (which are mostly due to the badly designed SIM slot I guess), the 8X software seems much more stable and bug-free than the one of the Lumia 620. For example, the Lumia 620 showed connected WiFi the entire day, when there wasn't even WiFi available. One of the apps I used regularly on my 8X doesn't pin the live tile, it just crashes. And these vibration problems don't help either.

I really, really didn't expect this. They might have added a lot of features to the Lumias, some of them even useful (most are just junk in my view), however the bare OS feels much better on my 8X.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think you need to do a hard reset on that thing. Something isn't right. I have to agree though that I've personally found the Nokia L920 slightly disappointing. Both hardware and software wise. Yes I like my L920 but I have found the battery issues very annoying. I can barely get through the day with minimum use. Let's not talk about the time it bricked.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Apart from the SIM errors and restarts (which are mostly due to the badly designed SIM slot I guess), the 8X software seems much more stable and bug-free than the one of the Lumia 620. For example, the Lumia 620 showed connected WiFi the entire day, when there wasn't even WiFi available. One of the apps I used regularly on my 8X doesn't pin the live tile, it just crashes. And these vibration problems don't help either.

I really, really didn't expect this. They might have added a lot of features to the Lumias, some of them even useful (most are just junk in my view), however the bare OS feels much better on my 8X.

I think that's the one thing people don't understand who are non-Lumia users. I do like what Nokia has brought to the table, but sometimes the bare OS is best. My 8X has had 0 issues since I got it, and now that it runs GDR3, it is even more because rock solid.

Still, you do want to temper things a little bit. The 620 runs on a slightly slower processor and less RAM than the 8X, so that counts for something...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to do a hard reset on that thing. Something isn't right. I have to agree though that I've personally found the Nokia L920 slightly disappointing. Both hardware and software wise. Yes I like my L920 but I have found the battery issues very annoying. I can barely get through the day with minimum use. Let's not talk about the time it bricked.

Personally, I do hope that some starting with the Lumia 1520, MSFT will be able to use the same hardware as Android on release. I think if the high end phones like the 920/925/928/1020/Ativ S/8X ran with the S600 chip as opposed to the old S4Pro, there's a better chance we see improved battery life. MSFT still, I think anyways, has some tweaking to do because one cold see where as more graphically intense certain apps get, they can be real battery hogs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

At home enjoying my self assigned "I'm being lazy and not doing ****" day of rest. Watching a good game between the Cowboys & Giants. It is frigid outside - glad I have just enough food in the house to delay food shopping until tomorrow. Thinking about a homeless guy I've gotten to know and am hopeful he's got a warm spot to rest at tonight...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes you need a lazy day after pulling massive hours of work and school. It would have been nice to have the GF here...one of the drawbacks of dating someone who lives in the city is that it isn't as easy to drop by and see them when they're an hour away by car/two hours away by public transport. Still, I'm enjoying the treat of not having to deal with the running all crazy from work to school this week during rush hour...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I finally figured out what I want to make for thanksgiving. I'm actually going to my sisters house for a small get together with a few of her friends. The GF's coming along too. I think I will try to do two small dishes since it will be like a potluck style. The plan is to do some garlic shrimp and a corn casserole.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm actually looking forward to the Black Friday shopping weekend. I plan to grab some new clothes on Saturday...it is more like replacing some worn out threads than adding extra clothes to the collection. I did a major overhaul this time last year in terms of getting work clothes, so I'm just looking to add some other stuff to the mix now. Maybe I'm cheap but I usually tend to do most of my clothes shopping on sales...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So far in really digging the upgrades I made - very pleased with the 920/8X/T100 combo. I was really tempered to look into getting an Xperia Z Ultra too as a replacement for my Touchpad from an Android point of view. I realize why people like the 7" form factor having spent some time with a Nexus 7 (2012) I bought to ship to a friend overseas - the Z Ultra would do nicely in that role for me. It is just too expensive. Perhaps if I had only one WP8, I'd do it, but at this point, I just cannot afford to spend the cash like that right now...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I still have some upgrades to make in the tech department - I ordered a replacement monitor for my aging Dell HD unit. I got an small 16" screen off Tigerdirect.com for $70. I think asnt planning to spend on something crazy because I'm not home as much and am more likely to use the T100 first. I save my desktop for Android and other content management, so I don't need the latest and great screen.

If it were up to me, I would do a set up that's I've always wanted. I'd get a 40" Touchscreen TV and run my PC, console (probably some kind of Xbox) and Cable through the same screen with some good speakers (possibly Bluetooth). I'd also go wireless with my printer, keyboard and mouse too. Simple, expensive but effective...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still getting the hang of the 920's camera. The GF actually likes my 920 - when she first held it she goes "OMG! It's HEAVY!" (she owns a S4). Then when she sees a few shots I took at night, she goes "Can I have the camera"?

I really want to see Lumia Black and what the new Nokia Cam update brings. While I like the overall colors from the 920 so far, it just feels a step being the 925. Maybe my eyes are bad, but the additional lens and software adjustments make the 925's pictures seem a bit better. Not complaining about what I have at all, but you can tell that the 920 is the older handset.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So the Giants and Cowboys are tied going into the last few minutes of the game. My neighbor is a HUGE Giants fan so he is hopping up and down & yelling in his apartment across the hall. It doesn't bother me at all - he's a cool middle aged guy - but i don't think I would be able to watch a game with him because he is too noisy for my tastes. The GF isn't really a sports person - but since her favorite color is blue I'm almost tempted to get her NFL female apparel in NY Giants colors to wear to her kickboxing classes as her Xmas gift...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of Xmas gifts, anyone has any good suggestions? I've gave the GF a Bluetooth speaker dock last year that she uses alot - she pairs it to her Nexus 7 & S4 and plays Pandora alot through it. I'm trying not to do too much tech as fits for her because I did that already for her birthday recently. I'm gonna look into that NFL apparel (jersey or hoodie) but I want another option...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do hope my posting barrage for the past half hour hasn't given folks too much too read...and yes, sahib, all of this was done through the WPCentral app...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, it looks like the Giants are about to lose this game. It was a good game but I think the Cowboys did JUST enough to win. Now, if we can get a block on the last play of the game here would be miraculous...

Nope. Giants lost. Ah well. We looked to be a 8-8 team this year anyways. Both NY teams lost so it is a matter of moving on to next week.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious how I did in the office pool this week. I've been having decent weeks but have been not in the mix on Mondays to seal the win. Hey, I've won twice so far, but any time you can get an extra $100 in your pocket each winner (that's the pot for the winner), that's a great feeling...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12