WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

er what I meant to say that guys had very long hair back then :wink: or at least I think they were all guys o.o

Long hair is still popular with a lot of guys in rock bands today.

Even in the 70s, if those guys were office workers instead of musicians, they would've needed to get haircuts. Although men in the 70s who worked in offices didn't need to cut their hair quite as short as they do today.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What do you mean 'back then'? Guys still have long hair today. It was until the mid 90s that you still saw guys with long hair as well. It's only been the last little while that it's become 'rare' again. However, men have had long hair for centuries. We have this weird perception short hair is the norm where it isn't. Hair styles go in and out of style. Take ancient Egypt, they went around bald. They had an obsession with being hairless.
* sigh* ok well better yet in MY time :p when I was born i would only see guys with short hair and only see guys with long hair when i would look back on this videos :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes you need a lazy day after pulling massive hours of work and school. It would have been nice to have the GF here...one of the drawbacks of dating someone who lives in the city is that it isn't as easy to drop by and see them when they're an hour away by car/two hours away by public transport. Still, I'm enjoying the treat of not having to deal with the running all crazy from work to school this week during rush hour...

i second with what you said !

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I finally figured out what I want to make for thanksgiving. I'm actually going to my sisters house for a small get together with a few of her friends. The GF's coming along too. I think I will try to do two small dishes since it will be like a potluck style. The plan is to do some garlic shrimp and a corn casserole.

hmmm shrimp...... im already thinking about shrimp now :grin:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm actually looking forward to the Black Friday shopping weekend. I plan to grab some new clothes on Saturday...it is more like replacing some worn out threads than adding extra clothes to the collection. I did a major overhaul this time last year in terms of getting work clothes, so I'm just looking to add some other stuff to the mix now. Maybe I'm cheap but I usually tend to do most of my clothes shopping on sales...

i do the same but sometimes i do it on the internet because i hate the hassle of getting out of peoples way and driving in the busy streets during black Friday ... i feel that people forget how to be a person during that time :eck:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So far in really digging the upgrades I made - very pleased with the 920/8X/T100 combo. I was really tempered to look into getting an Xperia Z Ultra too as a replacement for my Touchpad from an Android point of view. I realize why people like the 7" form factor having spent some time with a Nexus 7 (2012) I bought to ship to a friend overseas - the Z Ultra would do nicely in that role for me. It is just too expensive. Perhaps if I had only one WP8, I'd do it, but at this point, I just cannot afford to spend the cash like that right now...
that is why we wait till next season ! :D

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I still have some upgrades to make in the tech department - I ordered a replacement monitor for my aging Dell HD unit. I got an small 16" screen off Tigerdirect.com for $70. I think asnt planning to spend on something crazy because I'm not home as much and am more likely to use the T100 first. I save my desktop for Android and other content management, so I don't need the latest and great screen.

If it were up to me, I would do a set up that's I've always wanted. I'd get a 40" Touchscreen TV and run my PC, console (probably some kind of Xbox) and Cable through the same screen with some good speakers (possibly Bluetooth). I'd also go wireless with my printer, keyboard and mouse too. Simple, expensive but effective...
whoa i never thought of that only having a touchscreen tv with an xbox and a pc ...dang i really hope that happens in our life time to the point where 40in tv are cheap enough to buy!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm still getting the hang of the 920's camera. The GF actually likes my 920 - when she first held it she goes "OMG! It's HEAVY!" (she owns a S4). Then when she sees a few shots I took at night, she goes "Can I have the camera"?

I really want to see Lumia Black and what the new Nokia Cam update brings. While I like the overall colors from the 920 so far, it just feels a step being the 925. Maybe my eyes are bad, but the additional lens and software adjustments make the 925's pictures seem a bit better. Not complaining about what I have at all, but you can tell that the 920 is the older handset.

heheheh well nokia was spot on about the low light capabilities on the 920 and yet it still cant be beat knowing its a year old now..... but i wonder ..... what will be the successor to the 920 o.o ?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So the Giants and Cowboys are tied going into the last few minutes of the game. My neighbor is a HUGE Giants fan so he is hopping up and down & yelling in his apartment across the hall. It doesn't bother me at all - he's a cool middle aged guy - but i don't think I would be able to watch a game with him because he is too noisy for my tastes. The GF isn't really a sports person - but since her favorite color is blue I'm almost tempted to get her NFL female apparel in NY Giants colors to wear to her kickboxing classes as her Xmas gift...
DUMP HER !!!!!!!JKJKJKJK but i also i had a neighbor how did the same thing during football season who would yell at the tv and i would think this guy is too lonely where he would yell at the tv :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of Xmas gifts, anyone has any good suggestions? I've gave the GF a Bluetooth speaker dock last year that she uses alot - she pairs it to her Nexus 7 & S4 and plays Pandora alot through it. I'm trying not to do too much tech as fits for her because I did that already for her birthday recently. I'm gonna look into that NFL apparel (jersey or hoodie) but I want another option...
hmm that's a hard one i think i will leave it to the married peeps because i don't know XD

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I do hope my posting barrage for the past half hour hasn't given folks too much too read...and yes, sahib, all of this was done through the WPCentral app...

hahahahahahaha all i had to say is hahahaha well you got me i guess its possible to post a lot using the app and i am having a good time reading ..... it takes my mind of the ex :crying: and tri-tip :crying:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Ugh, it looks like the Giants are about to lose this game. It was a good game but I think the Cowboys did JUST enough to win. Now, if we can get a block on the last play of the game here would be miraculous...

Nope. Giants lost. Ah well. We looked to be a 8-8 team this year anyways. Both NY teams lost so it is a matter of moving on to next week.
ehhhh this one i have nothing to say because i don't watch football but i do watch soccer :cool:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious how I did in the office pool this week. I've been having decent weeks but have been not in the mix on Mondays to seal the win. Hey, I've won twice so far, but any time you can get an extra $100 in your pocket each winner (that's the pot for the winner), that's a great feeling...

dang 100$ i would be able to buy lots of tri-tips :grin:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Long hair is still popular with a lot of guys in rock bands today.

Even in the 70s, if those guys were office workers instead of musicians, they would've needed to get haircuts. Although men in the 70s who worked in offices didn't need to cut their hair quite as short as they do today.

while i don't deny the fact the guys have long hair, its just i don't see them a lot and when i do i relate to the times that you mentioned :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

whoa now im tired after replying to the posts i missed :) now time to do some bing points and then play super smash bros !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

i do the same but sometimes i do it on the internet because i hate the hassle of getting out of peoples way and driving in the busy streets during black Friday ... i feel that people forget how to be a person during that time :eck:

That is why I'm going shopping on Saturday, not the actual Black Friday...if I did, I would have to elbow some folks...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

whoa i never thought of that only having a touchscreen tv with an xbox and a pc ...dang i really hope that happens in our life time to the point where 40in tv are cheap enough to buy!

you can do the setup I outlined with a regular HD TV. I just want to do that setup with a touchscreen tv just to be, well, fancy...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

you can do the setup I outlined with a regular HD TV. I just want to do that setup with a touchscreen tv just to be, well, fancy...
i would love to have one of those 70in touch screen from msft and BOOM i would have bragging rights from my friends !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo