WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Have you thought of taking it back? I know it's a pain but since it's new it should be in the return time frame, unless you ordered online that is and you will be without it.

For the moment vibration is working. If it stays that way I can live with the other glitches.

Is it a glitch written that way? I haven't installed my translation app yet ;-)

I also think I am still on GDR2 (it says Lumia Amber), so GDR3 should only improve things, whenever it is coming.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

WPC, when it comes to TV's, Which one do you prefer, LCD, LED or Plasma?

LED is LCD with LED backlight in my understanding?

LCD for me, I don't own a TV, but I think more and more Plasma factories get shut down and LED is just current tech.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the moment vibration is working. If it stays that way I can live with the other glitches.

Is it a glitch written that way? I haven't installed my translation app yet ;-)

I also think I am still on GDR2 (it says Lumia Amber), so GDR3 should only improve things, whenever it is coming.

Lumia Black (which includes GDR 3) comes out next year. Hopefully your 8X will be fixed by then.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...enjoying the time off so far even though it is cold *** outside. Got a lengthy to do list today but I will be more on on the forums between breaks...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

LED is LCD with LED backlight in my understanding?

LCD for me, I don't own a TV, but I think more and more Plasma factories get shut down and LED is just current tech.

absolutely re: LED.

Agree about plasma, it is a dying technology and if one don't care, there are many bargains on plasma, at least at where I am.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Anything over what I have. If I feel brave enough I'll post a picture. My is old, ugly, but still runs good...

I still use my almost 10 years old 24 inch Dell computer screen for everything. The picture quality is still great. In my lab I have a new 24 inch Dell, and it doesn't feel like an improvement at all.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Lumia Black (which includes GDR 3) comes out next year. Hopefully your 8X will be fixed by then.

I'm still a little afraid they say it's not part of the warranty... but I really want my 8X back. It's still such a beauty, even though I have no the coating problem at one corner (at least it's the black one, so you only see it if you really look at it).

I'll give the Lumia 620 to my mother when I have the 8X back, so it should be working anyway.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still use my almost 10 years old 24 inch Dell computer screen for everything. The picture quality is still great. In my lab I have a new 24 inch Dell, and it doesn't feel like an improvement at all.

My 8 y.o. HD Dell monitor just died. I loved that thing and was nursing it through the last 6 months as it was acting up. Had to get a replacement which I'm waiting to get by tomorrow evening. I went with a 16" widescreen because I'm not on my desktop as much and what I would pay to fix the Dell is more than what I paid to replace it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My 8 y.o. HD Dell monitor just died. I loved that thing and was nursing it through the last 6 months as it was acting up. Had to get a replacement which I'm waiting to get by tomorrow evening. I went with a 16" widescreen because I'm not on my desktop as much and what I would pay to fix the Dell is more than what I paid to replace it.

I feel sorry for your old screen :)

Do you mean a 26 inch widescreen? This reminds me of the times when we used 15 inch screens. A friend of mine (with a rich father) had one of the first 15 in flat screens, and this was a really a object of wonder.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Plasma all the way - LCD and LED just cant get the same contrast ratios as a decent plasma panel - Panasonic do some outstanding TV's at 50" for a decent price too

I think plasma's days are numbered though. People just aren't interested in the heavy displays. LED/LCD might not be able to match it 100% but they do acceptable levels and no doubt over time they'll get better, which is why plasma will disappear.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Do you mean a 26 inch widescreen? This reminds me of the times when we used 15 inch screens. A friend of mine (with a rich father) had one of the first 15 in flat screens, and this was a really a object of wonder.

No, I meant a 16". Yes, it is small, but like I said, I didn't need a bigger screen at this point.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I think plasma's days are numbered though. People just aren't interested in the heavy displays. LED/LCD might not be able to match it 100% but they do acceptable levels and no doubt over time they'll get better, which is why plasma will disappear.

Depends on the size of course but I do think they will always be around - they have really improved the panels from what they were from 10 years ago and for the price you can get them for when comparing to similar LED and LCD its a no brainer - people just don't buy them due to the old stigma about plasma TV's

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've attached both screens I have. It is almost embarrassing how ugly my TV is, but I got it for free and it still works. At some point I will change it out, but not right now. The second one is my old Dell. Sorry to see it go through...

WP_20131125_001.jpgWP_20131125_002.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte