WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If the lockscreen is set to Bing background, the picture still doesn't change on its own. My phone always has a data connection and when I changed it manually it worked.

I couldn't take this purple background anymore...

I use my weather apps for my lock screen - Weather Flow for the 920 and Amazing Weather for the 8X.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Looking for an mp3 but then think perhaps I should wait for a decent phone to come out with great audio this seems to be missing.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Finally got my PC build page live guys - so if you want to see how it was all done and how its turned out feel free to have a read.

Custom Coffee Table PC & XBox360 on Behance
whoa that is a really nice build you have there! its stuff like this makes me think why I didn't take interior design in high school but then I remember im not good with making things :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

whoa that is a really nice build you have there! its stuff like this makes me think why I didn't take interior design in high school but then I remember im not good with making things :p

All you need is an idea and the determination to get it done. I hadn't done any woodwork in over 20 years and didn't have a clue how it was all going to come together, I made mistakes, did research, started over and made more mistakes but in the end got what I wanted just by not giving up.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

That could be said for services that are just for the US :wink:

However in the UK it a big thing not having a bbc iplayer app.

Isn't BBC iplayer just like news, just in audio? Because if it is just stuff they play on the TV, you can hook up the cable or satellite box to your X1 and just watch BBC from there. No need for a dedicated app.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not worried at all. Anything past WP8.1 to me is a bonus. I don't expect any major updates for a phone that is 2 years old. The way technology is going I won't keep my phone for more than two years anyway.

As for games etc, well you can only do so much with mobile. I think the best selling game currently is Candy Crush on other platforms. Doesn't say much.

Well said. For me, now that I've gone back to the unlocked ways, I just want stuff that works and have no problems sticking with it even past when it gets to be on the stale side. I jumped from WP7 to WP8 because I wanted better integration between my PC setup and my phone since I was transitioning to using the Windows ecosystem fully.

I've got a 920 and a 8X. Unless something that gives me better value over these two that comes along, I'm getting at least a year, possibly 2 out of this combo. My only regret is that MSFT didn't put the S600 + Andreno 320 combo in these phones so they could age better. Now that hopefully WP8 has access to the same hardware as Android simultaneously, our devices should age better. Otherwise, I like what I got and am sticking to it. The latest and greatest is always too expensive.

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm still obsessing over a BlackBerry Z10 / Surface 2 Pro combo and how it'll work together.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well said. For me, now that I've gone back to the unlocked ways, I just want stuff that works and have no problems sticking with it even past when it gets to be on the stale side. I jumped from WP7 to WP8 because I wanted better integration between my PC setup and my phone since I was transitioning to using the Windows ecosystem fully.

I've got a 920 and a 8X. Unless something that gives me better value over these two that comes along, I'm getting at least a year, possibly 2 out of this combo. My only regret is that MSFT didn't put the S600 + Andreno 320 combo in these phones so they could age better. Now that hopefully WP8 has access to the same hardware as Android simultaneously, our devices should age better. Otherwise, I like what I got and am sticking to it. The latest and greatest is always too expensive.

as for me I cant turn back I already have too much msft in my life( which isn't a bad thing) besides going to an apple ecosystem is WAY to expensive and to limited for my needs and well as for android ..... yeah no I rather not even think about google but the only thing that is keeping me .1 percent with google is youtube :straight: and for blackberry ......ehhhh still needs work but as a student and future network admin ......MSFT all the way :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

as for me I cant turn back I already have too much msft in my life( which isn't a bad thing) besides going to an apple ecosystem is WAY to expensive and to limited for my needs and well as for android ..... yeah no I rather not even think about google but the only thing that is keeping me .1 percent with google is youtube :straight: and for blackberry ......ehhhh still needs work but as a student and future network admin ......MSFT all the way :p

I still have over 300 apps in my iTunes. I'm uncoupled myself from iTunes and I don't miss it. I like the drag and drop freedom of Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte