WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
And the same to you. :) What's your dinner plans?

My sister is doing a potluck, where everyone brings a dish. I'm doing a corn casserole and garlic shrimp, because since it will be more of a vegetarian type spread, if there is no seafood I may starve.

The sis and GF are vegetarian. At least they still eat seafood.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You should live in the US.... Especially Texas. They like everything big there...

Yup - especially the serving sizes. When I first came to the US, I was floored at the super-size me culture that exists. While things are a bit more health conscious, that mentality still persists.

I stopped eating at all BK and McDonalds since the McDonalds by me gave me a mild case of food poisoning year and a half ago. I haven't missed it. The only one I will eat from is Popeye's, and even that I east less because my stomach is rebelling. Now, I plan to cut back on pizza and I will be fine...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My sister is doing a potluck, where everyone brings a dish. I'm doing a corn casserole and garlic shrimp, because since it will be more of a vegetarian type spread, if there is no seafood I may starve.

The sis and GF are vegetarian. At least they still eat seafood.

Vegetarian food isn't that bad. :p If it's done well you wouldn't even know you were eating vegetarian food. I could probably serve you up a meal that was 100% vegan and you'd walk away full and satisfied. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Vegetarian food isn't that bad. :p If it's done well you wouldn't even know you were eating vegetarian food. I could probably serve you up a meal that was 100% vegan and you'd walk away full and satisfied. :)

My sister and GF actually make good vegetarian food, and I don't doubt your skills for one minute. Whenever I eat by my sis, I don't really miss meat, as she uses more vegan style options these days. The GF is a bit more lenient - she can cook meat (but I don't ask her to), but she eats more seafood than usual when I'm around. I think she loves the fact that whenever we go out, I always pick a restaurant with strong vegetarian and or seafood options. I end up cooking for us both more and I try to find new vegetarian stuff for her all the time. Plus I haven't had turkey at thanksgiving in years.

While both women are trying to turn me into vegetarians, I've told them that seafood only is the furthest I'd go. I need to make more money for that dietary change because seafood is expensive *** here...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

While both women are trying to turn me into vegetarians, I've told them that seafood only is the furthest I'd go. I need to make more money for that dietary change because seafood is expensive *** here...

I tend to mix things up a bit. Unfortunately making good vegetarian food can be time consuming. I love seafood as well so that would be hard to give up but our seafood choices are somewhat limited, at least where I live, so we don't eat it as much as I would like to.

I haven't had a roast turkey in years but I'll be getting one this Christmas as that's all my family cooks at that time of the year. Boring but typical. We're planning on making desert, we're doing a Pavlova, a bit sweet but nice. It's to make something different so it's not so boring. LOL!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I tend to mix things up a bit. Unfortunately making good vegetarian food can be time consuming. I love seafood as well so that would be hard to give up but our seafood choices are somewhat limited, at least where I live, so we don't eat it as much as I would like to.

I haven't had a roast turkey in years but I'll be getting one this Christmas as that's all my family cooks at that time of the year. Boring but typical. We're planning on making desert, we're doing a Pavlova, a bit sweet but nice. It's to make something different so it's not so boring. LOL!

I love fish and chips that about it for my love of sea food. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You need to get out more. When you get a car make a trip to Leeds or York. You should be able to find a place there. I suggest researching beforehand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05