WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah, that's early. Tomorrow I'll get up at 6.30 because I have to go for a run. Usually I get up at 7.

...it will even be plus 1 degree, that's acceptable I guess.

It's supposed to be 12?C tomorrow and Thursday here. Then it will be ~0?C from Friday into next week.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning all, I don't like it when its hotter than its supposed to be. Sounds weird I know, but I'm hoping for a white Christmas and chances are we're not going to be able to get one in the UK if it doesn't get colder soon.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Will you have snow at Christmas? I'll be in Oslo Christmas eve, I have no idea how snowy this city is.

Snow on Christmas is normal here in Cleveland, Ohio.

This time of year the normal high temperatures are usually ~4 to 6?C. It gets colder near the end of December. January is our coldest month.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Morning all, I don't like it when its hotter than its supposed to be. Sounds weird I know, but I'm hoping for a white Christmas and chances are we're not going to be able to get one in the UK if it doesn't get colder soon.

I like snow from Christmas till Nrw Year's. Otherwise, it can stay away.

12?C is too warm at this time, though, especially since it was -3?C on Thanksgiving.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Snow on Christmas is normal here in Cleveland, Ohio.

This time of year the normal high temperatures are usually ~4 to 6?C. It gets colder near the end of December. January is our coldest month.

Now I feel like traveling the USA again... is Cleveland nice? It looks nice on the map, being located at this huge lake.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I have actually only seen 2 white Christmas days here in Danville, IL since I moved here in 1996. Plenty of bitterly cold ones, but only 2 with snow on the ground.

However, our New Years seem to always have snow.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Having a tough time making a decision on upgrades. I am going to post a "Verizon or AT&T" thread in the carrier section here tonight. I go back and forth- stay on the grandfathered, cheaper plan on AT&T, or get the overall better network on Verizon even at a higher price. My Wife is going to be doing some traveling in the next couple years, and I want her to have access to the best network.

But, boy .... that will add about 20-30 bucks more a month, depending on the service we choose. That is a lot of extra cash.

She, of course, has left it up to me.

Could have killed her for that......

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have actually only seen 2 white Christmas days here in Danville, IL since I moved here in 1996. Plenty of bitterly cold ones, but only 2 with snow on the ground.

However, our New Years seem to always have snow.

Had too many white Christmases. :p

I actually enjoyed the difference in being in Australia for it when I lived there. Here in the UK you might get snow sometime for a few days to screw up transport then it disappears.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Had too many white Christmases. :p

I actually enjoyed the difference in being in Australia for it when I lived there. Here in the UK you might get snow sometime for a few days to screw up transport then it disappears.

Ah yes.... The "Transport panic" when it snows. Amazing how people act like it has never, ever snowed anywhere ever once it happens.

On the bright side, vehicles look so nice buried in the snow up to their windshields.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb