WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I stayed up for 2 reasons 1) too see if I would see snow in the valley but sadly it's didn't snow :( it was sooo close too 2) me and my friend were texting each other saying who would stay up the longest and I think I won >:) anyways now I'm off to sleep ...good night and good morning :p

I am in an age in which I definitely value my sleep more than winning such a silly bet.
The only reason why I stay up longer than planned because of texting involves a very awesome woman ;-)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I am in an age in which I definitely value my sleep more than winning such a silly bet.
The only reason why I stay up longer than planned because of texting involves a very awesome woman ;-)
I'd value my sleep too, but my classmates always start their group work late at night. If I sleep early, I'll become the reason for them not finishing, etc.
Then they complain that they don't sleep enough.

Of course, I do all my work at school anyway...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Best advice I can give, allow yourself to mourn. Being a 'man' is a silly idea.
I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks guys. My coworkers surprised me yesterday with a card. What was more humbling was that everyone who signed the card actually put money in it. The words in the card and the fact that only those who signed also gave money were more touching than the actual money itself. I plan to add this to the money I have and pass it along to my dad and aunt so it gets used in the final arrangements.

Grief and loss is never easy. I will do my best to give myself space to mourn, although I'm more concerned about my dad, aunt (who was grandmother's caretaker) and my brother.

I will be taking the 920 with me, so I will post some of the scenic pictures. I must say, it will be weird not reading this thread for 10 days...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I feel a little uncomfortable to write this after the last post, but I got my 8X back. I didn't have to pay for it, but they didn't do anything with it. They wrote: "Software update" but there is none available I didn't install already. So I guess I have to live with the glitches. I have to check the call quality though, if it is really bad I'll send it in again.

Well, they did install another software. I have now Data Sense ladies and Gentleman!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I feel a little uncomfortable to write this after the last post, but I got my 8X back. I didn't have to pay for it, but they didn't do anything with it. They wrote: "Software update" but there is none available I didn't install already. So I guess I have to live with the glitches. I have to check the call quality though, if it is really bad I'll send it in again.

Well, they did install another software. I have now Data Sense ladies and Gentleman!

I guess what may need to happen is the SIM card slot getting replaced. The parts are always on line, but the labor is the trouble. Reason being is based on how the 8X is designed, you may almost want to order a new LCD too because sometimes that can get cracked just on opening up the phone. That's why I didn't change the housing on my VZW 8X I fixed the second time around.

I love HTC's designs, but they're getting low repair scores on the high end models for the last few years (Nexus One onwards) and deservedly so. That's one thing people cannot knock Samsung on - their phones are easy to repair.

If you make me an offer I cannot refuse, I could sell you my 8X...you just have to figure out the shipping and payment costs...😊...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You shouldn't feel uncomfortable about posting after mine. We've talked about heavy things on the thread so far and the one thing people always forget is that the awkwardness that comes with talking about grid and loss is actually ok. If you don't feel that way, then...

I kept it quiet at work only to minimize that awkwardness you've just expressed. But because my coworkers did the card thing on their own, they talked to a lot more people than I wanted to, so yesterday I had to do a lot of acknowledging how people expressed their condolences. It did get tiring after a while, but I made no fuss cuz I got where they were coming from.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Who said I wasn't talking to a chick friend ;) that beat was with her to see who would stay up and I won XD heheh but don't get me wrong we were talking :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess what may need to happen is the SIM card slot getting replaced. The parts are always on line, but the labor is the trouble. Reason being is based on how the 8X is designed, you may almost want to order a new LCD too because sometimes that can get cracked just on opening up the phone. That's why I didn't change the housing on my VZW 8X I fixed the second time around.

I love HTC's designs, but they're getting low repair scores on the high end models for the last few years (Nexus One onwards) and deservedly so. That's one thing people cannot knock Samsung on - their phones are easy to repair.

If you make me an offer I cannot refuse, I could sell you my 8X...you just have to figure out the shipping and payment costs......

I applied the tape trick again and hope the phone will be stable enough. I called my phone with a friend's one and the quality was still understandable. So I hope it will make it another year, then I'll buy a new one.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I am watching Kick-*** 2. 26 minutes in and I'm something between bored and disgusted. And I like the first one.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

in what world do we live in where people say the ipad is more productive than a surface ........... * sigh*

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

in what world do we live in where people say the ipad is more productive than a surface ........... * sigh*

If your productivity is based on MS Office. Yes, the Surface is much more productive. Every other area? No chance, the possibilities with the iOS app selection are just far greater.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If your productivity is based on MS Office. Yes, the Surface is much more productive. Every other area? No chance, the possibilities with the iOS app selection are just far greater.

yup he said I want to do documents and edit pdfs + highlight + make documents ............. yeah lets go ios /s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb