WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

oh oh and a friend today was talking about how windows phone would beat ios if only they had snapchat and honestly I don't blame him for saying that because he wants to switch from his android to a windows phone but he wants snap chat .. I should of said use 6snap but he still wants snapchat :eek:rly:

Snapchat is this "You only see the picture for 6 seconds but you can totally take a screenshot"-app?

I'm getting too old for social media...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

now its my turn to sleep ...good night and good morning :asleep: ...still mad over the start button thing :eck:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
nono its not that :p I think what irks a lot of pro windows 8 ( or at least me) was that many people complained the crap out of windows 8 because " every thing was hidden and hard to learn and you need a touch screen to use it " and wanted windows 8 to be more like windows 7.1 or w/e.. I something wish msft had a backbone to stick to their guns on things they chose

The start menu offers tons of functions in a condensed way without the need to switch away from everything on your screen. It just makes much more sense while working with desktop apps.

Microsoft wanting to switch to Metro completely is adorable, however far too early. Metro works only on small screens like tablets and laptops and needs a great app selection there. They tried to force an idea on us which it wasn't the time for yet. Look at Office and the desktop mode on the Surface, it's obvious.

Making a move towards companies and people using a desktop computer for work makes sense, they don't have to abandon Metro, they just have to give us the option and let Metro grow up. (Well, here would be the perfect moment for a Metro Last Light reference...)

And no, I don't want to install some random 3th party software from an unknown developer bringing back the start menu, and neither does any company.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The start menu offers tons of functions in a condensed way without the need to switch away from everything on your screen. It just makes much more sense while working with desktop apps.

Microsoft wanting to switch to Metro completely is adorable, however far too early. Metro works only on small screens like tablets and laptops and needs a great app selection there. They tried to force an idea on us which it wasn't the time for yet. Look at Office and the desktop mode on the Surface, it's obvious.

Making a move towards companies and people using a desktop computer for work makes sense, they don't have to abandon Metro, they just have to give us the option and let Metro grow up. (Well, here would be the perfect moment for a Metro Last Light reference...)

And no, I don't want to install some random 3th party software from an unknown developer bringing back the start menu, and neither does any company.

I usually try to avoid using the Start menu at all costs. I can't stand it, it's clunky and unnecessary. I don't get what the big fuss is about. If you have programs you use constantly pin them to your taskbar. If you have other programs that are frequent but not used all the time, make an icon. It's not rocket science.

Having the option is great, I guess, but the Start menu has little to do with why a company will switch to W8. My company isn't going to do it any time soon. We're just switching to W7 cause WXp has finally run it's course. Some companies will go straight to W8 and be happy others like the dinosaur I work for won't move to a new OS until W7 expires. That's simply to do with costs.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I usually try to avoid using the Start menu at all costs. I can't stand it, it's clunky and unnecessary. I don't get what the big fuss is about. If you have programs you use constantly pin them to your taskbar. If you have other programs that are frequent but not used all the time, make an icon. It's not rocket science.

Having the option is great, I guess, but the Start menu has little to do with why a company will switch to W8. My company isn't going to do it any time soon. We're just switching to W7 cause WXp has finally run it's course. Some companies will go straight to W8 and be happy others like the dinosaur I work for won't move to a new OS until W7 expires. That's simply to do with costs.

My parents main desktop pc STILL has XP on it, but they're contemplating getting Windows 7 or 8 for it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I only got Instagram because my band was on Instagram, so i joined.

I swear i've posted these exact same words before.

Yep you did. I joined Instagram as well. I posted some pictures so far, ones I've posted here. I'll probably post more as time goes by. I'm in the 'social' aspsect of it yet....

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have worked with a rocket scientist, and he didn't like Windows 8. And your post feels condescending. I grew up with Windows after all.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I think sahib doesn't reallize there is no 'free'. :p

I'm still contemplating the Surface 2. I may just go get one. Still not sure though.

Unless it's a coin or a dollar note on the side of the road, no such thing as 'free'. :D

I'm getting the Surface 2 for christmas, so that's a good excuse to get a Surface tablet, same for the 1520. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I have worked with a rocket scientist, and he didn't like Windows 8. And your post feels condescending. I grew up with Windows after all.

I grew up with Windows, my first computer OS i used was Windows 98, and then i used Windows XP, tried Vista and didn't like some aspects, although i wonder why it was criticised, although i get why now.

I used Windows 7 and my brother has a laptop which runs Windows 7, which is pretty good and Windows 8/RT i haven't properly used as i've only used computers with Windows 8 at tech stores.

I now use my Macbook Air with OSX 10.8. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wasn't meant to be and I appologise. I know I sometimes come off like that. :/

I've used Windows since the beginning and DOS before that. I even used another OS before that and I used early Apple OS. I think it was the II or something.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I grew up with Windows, my first computer OS i used was Windows 98, and then i used Windows XP, tried Vista and didn't like some aspects, although i wonder why it was criticised, although i get why now.

I used Windows 7 and my brother has a laptop which runs Windows 7, which is pretty good and Windows 8/RT i haven't properly used as i've only used computers with Windows 8 at tech stores.

I now use my Macbook Air with OSX 10.8. :)

My dad had a Commodore 64, after that he switched to Windows 3.11. I guess I was around 10 then. After that I used every desktop version of Windows, including Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows ME.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Wasn't meant to be and I appologise. I know I sometimes come off like that. :/

That's okay :)

I've used Windows since the beginning and DOS before that. I even used another OS before that and I used early Apple OS. I think it was the II or something.

I use OSX quite regularly at the university. For example yesterday, and I still don't get why people like this waste of space with all the windows not being full screen and this big bar at the bottom...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My dad had a Commodore 64, after that he switched to Windows 3.11. I guess I was around 10 then. After that I used every desktop version of Windows, including Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows ME.

That's like me, except it was me no dad involved though. I never had a C64 however.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I use OSX quite regularly at the university. For example yesterday, and I still don't get why people like this waste of space with all the windows not being full screen and this big bar at the bottom...

I haven't used any of the new Macs. The guy next to me is getting a new Macbook Pro which I'm sure he'll bring in. I have no idea about Macs at all so can't comment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb