WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I just completed some self produced music, made with sounds recorded and Garageband synth effects, after all the iPad actually had proven some use. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just completed some self produced music, made with sounds recorded and Garageband synth effects, after all the iPad actually had proven some use. :)

Probably one of the most untapped areas of WP is in the area of music. Hopefully they do something about that. However I think Apple has a pretty strong hold in that area.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

We will! Where is that patriotic marching band, where is the coffee?! :p

Patriotic? For what country? We're an international bunch here. Also I think patriotism is a really questionable concept. Why should I feel proud being born in Switzerland? I didn't do anything for it. Or as a Swiss satirist once said: I'd rather be proud of my overweight, at least I did something for it.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Probably one of the most untapped areas of WP is in the area of music. Hopefully they do something about that. However I think Apple has a pretty strong hold in that area.

I hope Microsoft gets a better hold of the music productivity side of things too.

Patriotic? For what country? We're an international bunch here. Also I think patriotism is a really questionable concept. Why should I feel proud being born in Switzerland? I didn't do anything for it. Or as a Swiss satirist once said: I'd rather be proud of my overweight, at least I did something for it.

It was supposed to be a joke, sorry if it wasn't received correctly.

I don't feel to particularly proud being born in Australia, but i am happy to live in Australia, but i am most certainly not patriotic of my own country.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't feel to particularly proud being born in Australia, but i am happy to live in Australia, but i am most certainly not patriotic of my own country.

There are a few in Australia that are, shall we say, overly patriotic?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well most of the office are in a meeting. I could either be incredibly productive or surf WPC for a bit. Decisions decisions...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just a few. :p

I think there are the overly patriotic preachers in every country. :)

Yes, I just found Australia almost 'American patriotic' like. I bit OTT sometimes. It's ok to cheer for your country during a game or event but I just found there were some things constantly 'drilled' by the media there. Being from Canada, a country that never used to be overly patriotic, most people would have a hard time defining 'Canadian'. However I have noticed a bit of a uptake in patriotism there lately. Usually a certain 'class' of person, similar to those in Australia. I use class as I don't have a better terminology.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It was supposed to be a joke, sorry if it wasn't received correctly.

Don't worry, I'm to blame. I saw a chance to rant about patriotism and took it! As soon as my troll-commenting function is implemented, I'll post things like this there ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm really trying to like Nokia Mix Radio (free version) but unfortunately it's similar to a bad radio station seems to have small selection of songs and plays them all the time.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

You might want to try Spotify, its going free to play, only you have to play mixed artists...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You might want to try Spotify, its going free to play, only you have to play mixed artists...

They can't even offer the radio function on Windows Phone fore premium customers, I think it will take around 10 years until they update the app for the free to play offer ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There are too many people that say they use Windows Phone because it's different and they want to be different. You only wait and see, WP users will soon be more hipster and more religious than Apple users ever were.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

They can't even offer the radio function on Windows Phone fore premium customers, I think it will take around 10 years until they update the app for the free to play offer ;-)

Okay, I'll quote this post when its updated ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Okay, I'll quote this post when its updated ;-)

The app was released exactly 5 months ago today. Until now we didn't have a single update. Until now there's no radio function. In the Swiss marketplace the apps has only 3 stars, mostly because of the missing radio function and the sluggish performance and bad menu navigation.

Maybe they will update this app for the free to play thing, but I really don't get my hopes up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss