WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As far as cameras go, I'm a Canon guy. Not sure if you're looking to go high or low end, but I'm sure you can find something that catches your eye.

And if the choices are between only the 5c and the 8X, I would go with the 5c all day. The 8X isn't really one of the better Windows Phones out there at this time.

I currently use a D800, so the minimum is a 5D Mk III or a Sony a99. I am looking at adaptors to transition my 70-200 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, 105 f/2.8, 300 f/4 lenses.

But with the 5c I will be out of WP as I only have two subscriptions, and the LTE one is on my Xperia V. My carrier has a L925 but I feel it is not a good choice at this time.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I currently use a D800, so the minimum is a 5D Mk III or a Sony a99. I am looking at adaptors to transition my 70-200 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, 105 f/2.8, 300 f/4 lenses.

But with the 5c I will be out of WP as I only have two subscriptions, and the LTE one is on my Xperia V. My carrier has a L925 but I feel it is not a good choice at this time.

I'm not all that familiar with Sony cameras but the 5D Mark III is excellent. But why don't you feel that the Lumia 925 is a good choice?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

My friend let me use his 5D Mk III briefly to shoot his car. I like the feel. But I was told the software that compes with it is poor, unlike the Nikon Capture NX 2 that I use. I don't like Photoshop or Lightroom as I don't process my photos beyond WB, EC, Alignment, Crop.

We have the 1020 available here. I worry that when I get the 925, my carrier will announce the 1020 say January 2014. I'll be pissed. Ha ha ha.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My friend let me use his 5D Mk III briefly to shoot his car. I like the feel. But I was told the software that compes with it is poor, unlike the Nikon Capture NX 2 that I use. I don't like Photoshop or Lightroom as I don't process my photos beyond WB, EC, Alignment, Crop.

We have the 1020 available here. I worry that when I get the 925, my carrier will announce the 1020 say January 2014. I'll be pissed. Ha ha ha.

Yeah I feel that Canon's hardware is better but Nikon's software is better as it includes a bit more. I use Lightroom and Photoshop.

But I get you with the Lumia 925. I have a 928 and my dream phone is the 1520 no doubt but my carrier here in the states won't get it. So bummed :(. That I'm sure will be headed your way too if you're into huge phones.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I am in a gadget dilemma...

1. I am invested heavily on Nikon gears, and Nikon just axed the local distributor in the Philippines. I have a pending order for a Nikon Df. We are now in the dark as to what will happen. I am tempted to change brands, looking at Sony, Canon. Or just go parallel with a Fuji. But none of the Fuji are full frame.

2. I love my HTC 8S. But now I can't send a text message because it only has 14KB left. This is my best sounding mobile phone. I am tempted to get a pre-owned 8X, or get the free iPhone 5C my carrier has been texting me 2x a week. I need LTE, as 3.5G services in this country kinda sucks.

I might have acquired a sahib syndrome, I might be talking to myself...

What carrier are you currently on with your 8s?

I'm guessing Optus as you're Australian right? Optus was one of two carriers to stock the 8s and the only one not to have it on prepaid, which was stupid.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

ugh, lol... It happens nowadays, probably he can't find a company to talk with, so he talks to himself :p

Just watching Liveleaks videos on Liveleak+ app highlighted by wpc today. I've got to say I really enjoy videos, but there is a lot of HYPER violent content. :(

Anyway - police chases and shootouts are what I like :)
I have lots of peeps to talk to ... I have ...lets see.... * counts fingers* I have 10 people too talk to ..so HA!!!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't think we'll hit 20K by the 31st unless sahib and BP have nothing better to do for the next few weeks. I won't be posting much as I have things to do and I'm away for two weeks over xmas.

well I wont be busy since im single and all ... now :eek:rly: looks like im next 3 weeks will be lax until I finish break and go back to school

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I am in a gadget dilemma...

1. I am invested heavily on Nikon gears, and Nikon just axed the local distributor in the Philippines. I have a pending order for a Nikon Df. We are now in the dark as to what will happen. I am tempted to change brands, looking at Sony, Canon. Or just go parallel with a Fuji. But none of the Fuji are full frame.

2. I love my HTC 8S. But now I can't send a text message because it only has 14KB left. This is my best sounding mobile phone. I am tempted to get a pre-owned 8X, or get the free iPhone 5C my carrier has been texting me 2x a week. I need LTE, as 3.5G services in this country kinda sucks.

I might have acquired a sahib syndrome, I might be talking to myself...

oh sure blame me :p and I feel bad for you only having 14kb left :(

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so I got out of school early because my teacher cancelled class so my friend and I went to eat at In-N-out then we decided to watch the hunger games 2 ( I didn't want to watch it be he wanted to watch something new:straight:) it was an alright movie ...... I didn't like it but it did help kill time and I didn't get it because I didn't see the first one :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

hmm what to do now ..... well I could text someone :grin: nah everyone to busy studying :cry: ohoh I can play super smash bros...... nah better when its 2 player :unhappysweat:.. OHOH I can watch the 5th art of the fast and the furious :angel:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The chair I have in the lab is broken. The backrest can't really be adjusted anymore. So I wanted to hand it in for repairs but tried one last time to adjust it, and by chance I got it perfectly! So now I'm just hoping nobody touches this lever and I can keep it that way forever.

I should touch the chair to be mean :evil:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

GAHH how can tmobile give every city around my hometown LTE but in orland ..... 2g ( Edge) they cant say lack of spectrum because obviously they have enough to give very major city in or around I-5 lte ..even a city with 100 population LTE ........ GAHH :angry:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

What carrier are you currently on with your 8s?

I'm guessing Optus as you're Australian right? Optus was one of two carriers to stock the 8s and the only one not to have it on prepaid, which was stupid.

Smart - Philippines :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss