WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I just had a weird breakfast. Yoghurt, finished off some Pringles and then finished some Angel Cake. The epitome of healthy eating.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I went way back to the beginning of this thread. I didn't show up on it until page 4. I also just realised I broke 5000 posts. I need life. o_O

These thread is not the same without you. It really isn't.

Good morning everybody! Didn't get much sleep this night again, but for all the good reasons. Today I will do paperwork. No sense in starting a big experiment that close to the Christmas holidays.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

We have this new fancy online lab book thingy. Today I wanted to start using it, but it crashes when I want to upload pictures in the gif format. I guess I have to convert to jpg now... stupid fancy online lab book thingy :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We have this new fancy online lab book thingy. Today I wanted to start using it, but it crashes when I want to upload pictures in the gif format. I guess I have to convert to jpg now... stupid fancy online lab book thingy :/

Probably has to do with image quality. JPEGs have good image quality, GIFs, not so much.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Probably has to do with image quality. JPEGs have good image quality, GIFs, not so much.

Gif is an uncompressed file format. That's the reason I save it like this. They just become very large if they have a high resolution. JPEGs compress the picture and this saves data.

I suspect the problem is Photoshop metadata as I saved it editable.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Gif is an uncompressed file format. That's the reason I save it like this. They just become very large if they have a high resolution. JPEGs compress the picture and this saves data.

Not true. "GIF images are compressed using the Lempel-Ziv-Welch (LZW) lossless data compression technique to reduce the file size without degrading the visual quality."

There is a 'uncompressed' version of GIF was created to bypass the 256 colour limit of the GIF format and the legalities of using GIF. I'm assuming you're using that format. GIF generally are a poor choice for image quality.

I suspect the problem is Photoshop metadata as I saved it editable.

I like using Photoshop but sometimes the easiest thing to use is MS Paint for conversion.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Not true. "GIF images are compressed using the Lempel-Ziv-Welch (LZW) lossless data compression technique to reduce the file size without degrading the visual quality."

There is a 'uncompressed' version of GIF was created to bypass the 256 colour limit of the GIF format and the legalities of using GIF. I'm assuming you're using that format. GIF generally are a poor choice for image quality.

Blame it on my little sleep, but I was actually talking about the TIFF format and wrote gif by mistake.

Capture.PNG

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Blame it on my little sleep, but I was actually talking about the TIFF format and wrote gif by mistake.

Well that's a completely different thing entirely! :p I can understand wanting to use that format for detailed images. I normally stay away from TIFFs as they're too big.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well that's a completely different thing entirely! :p I can understand wanting to use that format for detailed images. I normally stay away from TIFFs as they're too big.

I don't care about this, I'm one of the people producing little data. The microscopy guys fill up GB almost faster than new hard drives can be put into servers ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't care about this, I'm one of the people producing little data. The microscopy guys fill up GB almost faster than new hard drives can be put into servers ;-)

Our 3D files are massive and they're not that detailed yet. I can only imagine what they'll be like once they are.

Our hard drives get full by people filling them with junk. :p I think I can probably find the same file about 3-4 times on the server.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I am using the Webapp of Spotify and it's great. I'd love to have an update on Windows Phone just to get radio and maybe a little better performance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I'm surprised we didn't hit the 20K during my absence...

Morning. It was quite a ways to get there. I was busy so not much from me and BP seems to vanish so all we really had was sahib and unstoppablekem who couldn't keep up with sahib.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning. It was quite a ways to get there. I was busy so not much from me and BP seems to vanish so all we really had was sahib and unstoppablekem who couldn't keep up with sahib.

I think I will help with that soon AFTER I get done with my final today :evil:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

awww now I have to wait for the bus ,.....blah if gas wasn't so expensive I would take a car x.x talk to you all later

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos