WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've recently gotten back into PC gaming after ~12 year absence. I've already gotten 4 games in the Steam Winter Sale.

For some reason I just don't get into mobile gaming.

I'm not usually a fan of mobile games either, I feel like, for the most part, they are just stop gaps to pass the time. I prefer to invest my game time in a bigger experience/story line/game play. However, I've enjoyed playing tetris in the past and recently have played quite a bit of tetris blitz. It's an interesting take on the game. I'm a bit disappointed at the cost of the microstransactions though. Decent game overall though.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm not usually a fan of mobile games either, I feel like, for the most part, they are just stop gaps to pass the time. I prefer to invest my game time in a bigger experience/story line/game play. However, I've enjoyed playing tetris in the past and recently have played quite a bit of tetris blitz. It's an interesting take on the game. I'm a bit disappointed at the cost of the microstransactions though. Decent game overall though.

When I had to commute I tended to play some mobile games on my phone. When I didn't feel like reading, it was a great way to pass the time. Now that I go to work by bike I haven't touched a mobile game in ages. I play may Nintendo 3DS sometimes which is a mobile device, but I only use it at home.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

damn ....... I just wanted to see if it could work..... also ive been thinking about getting an ativ but their phones look boring and stale ...and no nokia goodies like city lens and the cameras and wireless charging ........

$260 from ExpansysUSA. Unlocked and inclusive of shipping that will get you the phone in about 3 days. Heck, that was the phone I wanted but because Samsung took forever to release it, I got a 810. I got one for a friend of mine who bleeds Samsung. It is a nice phone, and if you can live with the "Is that an Android/Galaxy" comments, it's good. Plus, the design actually looks better than the S3.

The 810/822 is an inferior model to the Ativ S, no matter how great Nokia's add ons are. Plus, some of Nokia apps can be put on the Ativ S anyways using that WiFi hack trick. The camera in the Ativ S is on par, and it some cases a bit better than the 810/822. Wireless charging - you got me there, although in the Ativ forums, someone has added that features DIY style. Personally, the Ativ is a better buy, even than the 8X, which runs for the same price.

I'm not telling you what to buy, just sharing some useful information...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know im beating a dead horse and I might get some eye rolls * looks at snowflake and Rue* but I wonder how my ex is doing o.o im not mad Im just curious. sure one of their friends told me that shes with another guy but I didn't ask how she was doing and im just wondering ......hmmmm im to nice for my own good im not mad even though I have the right too but im not mad ....... yup im to nice

you're beating a dead horse. while no one here will tell you how long to grieve, you should get back in the saddle sooner than later. I was taught after a while to not invest to much energy into the past; learn from it and put it back where it belongs - in the past.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So dinner and bowling with the GF and her mom went well. Note - bowling alleys (the high end types ones anyhow) in NYC are too expensive. Anyways, both had a good time and are happy they went. GF's mom loves the Ethiopian food and was impressed at how we're restaurant hunters.

Also managed to get the Nexus 4 too before dinner. While this one is very beat up cosmetically, it still runs nice. Should do what I want it to do just fine...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

When I had to commute I tended to play some mobile games on my phone. When I didn't feel like reading, it was a great way to pass the time. Now that I go to work by bike I haven't touched a mobile game in ages. I play may Nintendo 3DS sometimes which is a mobile device, but I only use it at home.

I never pictured you as the gamer type o.o

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

$260 from ExpansysUSA. Unlocked and inclusive of shipping that will get you the phone in about 3 days. Heck, that was the phone I wanted but because Samsung took forever to release it, I got a 810. I got one for a friend of mine who bleeds Samsung. It is a nice phone, and if you can live with the "Is that an Android/Galaxy" comments, it's good. Plus, the design actually looks better than the S3.

The 810/822 is an inferior model to the Ativ S, no matter how great Nokia's add ons are. Plus, some of Nokia apps can be put on the Ativ S anyways using that WiFi hack trick. The camera in the Ativ S is on par, and it some cases a bit better than the 810/822. Wireless charging - you got me there, although in the Ativ forums, someone has added that features DIY style. Personally, the Ativ is a better buy, even than the 8X, which runs for the same price.

I'm not telling you what to buy, just sharing some useful information...

thanks for that and well the ativ has good HW but that build quality and I don't mind doing all that stuff just to make it to how it works like a nokia phone

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

you're beating a dead horse. while no one here will tell you how long to grieve, you should get back in the saddle sooner than later. I was taught after a while to not invest to much energy into the past; learn from it and put it back where it belongs - in the past.

but the horse is still kicking :p ..kidding but I thinking about it not that much anymore

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. So dinner and bowling with the GF and her mom went well. Note - bowling alleys (the high end types ones anyhow) in NYC are too expensive. Anyways, both had a good time and are happy they went. GF's mom loves the Ethiopian food and was impressed at how we're restaurant hunters.

Also managed to get the Nexus 4 too before dinner. While this one is very beat up cosmetically, it still runs nice. Should do what I want it to do just fine...
I didn't know that there was fancy bowling allies. I just thought that all of them looked the same just bigger. but what a restaurant hunter ? :eek:rly:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

after getting 7.8 on the arrive ,,,,, my father is all happy that it look like my phone with the tiles colors :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

pretty cool that the super sensitivity on nokia phones works when im hovering my finger over the screen and it works :D

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

thanks for that and well the ativ has good HW but that build quality and I don't mind doing all that stuff just to make it to how it works like a nokia phone

I'm disappointed that you're talking about build quality. Look in the Ativ S forums and see how many people are satisfied by the phone's build quality. It reminds me of the S2's build quality, and that was a great phone.

If you've seen the WiFi trick in the forums, it isn't that complicated. Off all the Nokia apps out there on your 810, how many can you live without? How many are truly tied to the hardware?

While I respect your concerns, I'm disappointed. If all you want is a Nokia, that's fine. But you haven't said anything so far that would make using a cheaper phone price point wise, but on a hardware level is better than what you have, not a more appealing choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss