WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

thanks for that and well the ativ has good HW but that build quality and I don't mind doing all that stuff just to make it to how it works like a nokia phone

We like good restaurants to eat at. We aren't complete foodies, but we do like to enjoy a good meal out and are always on the lookout for places with good meat and vegetarian food options.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm disappointed that you're talking about build quality. Look in the Ativ S forums and see how many people are satisfied by the phone's build quality. It reminds me of the S2's build quality, and that was a great phone.

If you've seen the WiFi trick in the forums, it isn't that complicated. Off all the Nokia apps out there on your 810, how many can you live without? How many are truly tied to the hardware?

While I respect your concerns, I'm disappointed. If all you want is a Nokia, that's fine. But you haven't said anything so far that would make using a cheaper phone price point wise, but on a hardware level is better than what you have, not a more appealing choice.

what I meant for hw quality is how it feels I have held both the s2 and s3 and to me it feels kinda cheep im not saying its bad but for me I kinda don't like it. I know every phone has its strengths and weaknesses like nokia I like how all their phone feel in the hand and their software included but I hate that they don't have expandable storage on their high end phones but with Samsung I like their expandable storage and battery :D but I hate how their phones feel and how they look:/ and for the nokia apps I actually use them all when im out and about I like using the maps and when I need to catch the bus I have here transit and when I want to eat something in a new city or eve in a city I know I like to know what I have around my area :) so yeah I use most of them. that's not to say I wouldn't recommend a Samsung or htc but for me nokia has most of the things I like and need ( now) but if there was another company as dedicated as nokia and has the options I want then OK I will go to that company :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully Microsoft ends up being that company.

MS, next year I want to see the successor to the 1520 available through the MS store that has the best of both current versions. That means Qi wireless charging, LTE, at least 32 GB of storage, and SD card support.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Try emulating GBA games, then. Or buy a 3DS or PS Vita. (Yes, the Vita has games now!)

They're technically how I got into gaming, lol.

The only real convincing games that would convince me to get a Vita would be NFS Most Wanted 2012, Borderlands 2, Killzone Mercenary and if they ever do, Gran Turismo.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

what I meant for hw quality is how it feels I have held both the s2 and s3 and to me it feels kinda cheep im not saying its bad but for me I kinda don't like it. I know every phone has its strengths and weaknesses like nokia I like how all their phone feel in the hand and their software included but I hate that they don't have expandable storage on their high end phones but with Samsung I like their expandable storage and battery :D but I hate how their phones feel and how they look:/ and for the nokia apps I actually use them all when im out and about I like using the maps and when I need to catch the bus I have here transit and when I want to eat something in a new city or eve in a city I know I like to know what I have around my area :) so yeah I use most of them. that's not to say I wouldn't recommend a Samsung or htc but for me nokia has most of the things I like and need ( now) but if there was another company as dedicated as nokia and has the options I want then OK I will go to that company :)

Well, life is about trade offs, like anything else. I get where you're coming from about feel in hand and such, but the Ativ S has good build and feel in hand to it as well. If you ever pop into a AT&T or Sprint store and feel the Neo, the OG Ativ S has a similar feel, albeit a little bit better.

Here Maps and Here Transit are available for all WP8 phones. I have them on my 8X and they work just as well as on the 920. Remember, Nokia's mapping day underlies all WP8 devices, so once you have it installed, you get City Lens etc folded into the Here Maps app. Samsung has the better video editor, and of course, since it is an unlocked model you will get MMS to work. The WiFi trick is something that if you really need the rest of the Nokia exclusive apps, which for the record are just regular apps Nokia got first, you can get them doing that.

The argument is still the same for me: anything not named Nokia 1020, 1520, or 92x is inferior to the Ativ S from a hardware point of view. Based on value for,money, the best two phones from WP8 you can get for under $270 are the Ativ S and 8X. Personally, I'd trade supposedly slightly better looks for more storage space and slightly faster access to updates. At the end of the day, 8GB internal is still 8GB internal. But, everyone has different types of needs...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, life is about trade offs, like anything else. I get where you're coming from about feel in hand and such, but the Ativ S has good build and feel in hand to it as well. If you ever pop into a AT&T or Sprint store and feel the Neo, the OG Ativ S has a similar feel, albeit a little bit better.

Here Maps and Here Transit are available for all WP8 phones. I have them on my 8X and they work just as well as on the 920. Remember, Nokia's mapping day underlies all WP8 devices, so once you have it installed, you get City Lens etc folded into the Here Maps app. Samsung has the better video editor, and of course, since it is an unlocked model you will get MMS to work. The WiFi trick is something that if you really need the rest of the Nokia exclusive apps, which for the record are just regular apps Nokia got first, you can get them doing that.

The argument is still the same for me: anything not named Nokia 1020, 1520, or 92x is inferior to the Ativ S from a hardware point of view. Based on value for,money, the best two phones from WP8 you can get for under $270 are the Ativ S and 8X. Personally, I'd trade supposedly slightly better looks for more storage space and slightly faster access to updates. At the end of the day, 8GB internal is still 8GB internal. But, everyone has different types of needs...

that is true I know I will be stuck between either the Samsung or Nokia �� but since you have a point on the best windows phone 8 for the price is the Samsung ativ and the 8x, I'm always looking for the biggest bank for the buck they fit well and I hate 8gb of storage I would of gotten the Samsung ativ but since Nokia has proven to their customers that they support their products ( if the respective carrier oks the update ) then I know I'm getting my monies worth �� so I'm happy for now ....unless Nokia never makes ,errr I mean MSFT, a phone with a removable battery with expandable storage then I will look somewhere else for that ( not android or ios )

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I almost have enough Bing points to buy the Bluetooth nokia purity over the ear headphones !!!! And if you are wondering how much money they are .....go on amazon too see that will give you an idea how much Bing points I have ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel