WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm at the 3rd party Sony service center having my Xperia V fixed and I've heard horror stories from Xperia owners.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
I didn't know they were still open this late at night o.o

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Monday morning. Back to the lab I guess.

Good morning and a good start into the week everybody!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

It, by the way, is cold here. I mean.... cold. Like ..... really cold.

Now, I hate the heat, so I am not whining. I am just pointing out:

Holy sheeps snot, it is COLD. Painful, even. Shovelling the near 8" of snow to get my van out and get to work, I couldn't help but notice that the wind hurt.

Mentioned I am really not whining??

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Oh, News Flash:

A cold front came through.

Just in case you hadn't heard.

You are now up to date.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I mentioned those places in the first list with safety in mind. I mean, many a tourist has come to Jamaica and has had a good time off the beaten path, but even as an abroad national who has returned a few times to visit, it is better if you have a trustworthy local guide to see some of the really hidden gems there. You may not need that as much in the other places, even thought there are knuckleheads and horror stories everywhere...

I'm not familiar with any horror stories in DR and Jamaica, but I've never been to either. You both seem to know a lot more about this -- what are the horror stories going on? (I'm just curious).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not familiar with any horror stories in DR and Jamaica, but I've never been to either. You both seem to know a lot more about this -- what are the horror stories going on? (I'm just curious).

It's probably everything from simple muggings to slave trade. In the resorts you're generally safe. Outside the resorts you can find yourself in all sorts of trouble if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. I didn't think Jamaica was too bad but I've heard a few stories in regards to DR.

Saying that however, it's like any place you travel. You just need to use your head. I've only had one time where I felt a touch unsafe and that was in NYC but I avoided the situation. I've walked the streets of LA around midnight by myself and didn't feel uncomfortable at all. It's really about going about your own business and 99% no one will bother you.

I agree wholeheartedly with MSFTisMIA that having a reliable guide is the best way to go anywhere in countries where things could be problematic. When I was in Vanuatu, which is reportedly the 'Happiest Place on Earth', I could tell that there is trouble brewing there. Nothing has happened significantly yet (one or two murders of white people) but I have a feeling things will go down hill there one day. I did feel safe in general though but there was that underlying feeling.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Beautiful weather here in Basel. I walked back from lunch just waring my T-shirt, first of all because it's unusually warm, and secondly because I need to produce some Vitamin D ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's probably everything from simple muggings to slave trade. In the resorts you're generally safe. Outside the resorts you can find yourself in all sorts of trouble if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. I didn't think Jamaica was too bad but I've heard a few stories in regards to DR.

Saying that however, it's like any place you travel. You just need to use your head. I've only had one time where I felt a touch unsafe and that was in NYC but I avoided the situation. I've walked the streets of LA around midnight by myself and didn't feel uncomfortable at all. It's really about going about your own business and 99% no one will bother you.

I agree wholeheartedly with MSFTisMIA that having a reliable guide is the best way to go anywhere in countries where things could be problematic. When I was in Vanuatu, which is reportedly the 'Happiest Place on Earth', I could tell that there is trouble brewing there. Nothing has happened significantly yet (one or two murders of white people) but I have a feeling things will go down hill there one day. I did feel safe in general though but there was that underlying feeling.

The NYC stuff is interesting. It is a rough town indeed in many spots, as fun as it is. I mean, I've heard all sorts of stories and have experienced some harassment as visitor to Jamaica. Again, I encourage people to visit there because it is a great little destination, but be smart about things.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to buy a new camera. The Canon S120 looks great, and there's an even greater offer for it. I also loved the much older model the S90. But I feel like I should have bought it before I went to Norway, due to it's (reportedly) amazing low light picture quality.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The NYC stuff is interesting. It is a rough town indeed in many spots, as fun as it is. I mean, I've heard all sorts of stories and have experienced some harassment as visitor to Jamaica. Again, I encourage people to visit there because it is a great little destination, but be smart about things.

I loved being in NYC, especially in the warmer months, I was there around the 2nd anniversary of 9/11. The issue we encountered was someone 'offering' us a short cut around the Harlem area. I know Harlem isn't as bad as it used to be but I wasn't interested in their shortcut. Creeped us out a bit but we got over it. Some of the more interesting things you encounter over here is in Paris with all the people pushing things on you, if you so much as look at them they follow you around for the next 10 minutes. Then there's the beggar gangs at all the attractions in many cities.

I'm looking forward to going to Jamaica one day though. You'll have to pass on some tips and places. I used to have a co-worker from Jamaica when I worked in Canada. Nicest guy you could know. Unfortunately we didn't stay in touch.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Not a very good way to start off my morning. Waking up at 5 am to get ready to see if I'll get a seasonal job at a strawberry plant to find out I'll be waiting in line with around 200 and counting. In 36 degrees Fahrenheit and I'm freezing ,O_O anways have a good day all :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to buy a new camera. The Canon S120 looks great, and there's an even greater offer for it. I also loved the much older model the S90. But I feel like I should have bought it before I went to Norway, due to it's (reportedly) amazing low light picture quality.

We usually buy the latest Canon Ixus but lately we've been finding our phones do a good enough job in most cases. The only exception is when we want a great picture to print to put on our walls. We typically dig the DSLR out for that. I'd like to get one of those mini DSLRs as I find the full size ones way too big.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)