WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

so not only am I going to be looking at my wrist when im with my family and friends but im going to communicating with a girl with this instead of walking up to he and saying hi!!!!???? wtf ....this world is crazy -.-. and ontop of that when I sleep its going to be there telling me how much I I slept distracting me when I could be sleeping -.-.... yeah.... no.... still a gimmick. are we moving towards a type of world what we will need a band or bracelet or glasses just to interact with people? if we are ....oooooooh im going to hate the future of tech :angry:

I think you misinterpreted the video, as it clearly for your first point, is to get back to life if you watch closely. The sleeping thing doesn't go off during the night, it just monitors it, and can find the results when you're awake.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'll ask you what I asked BP: are you paying for it?

The Compact is in my wheel house but will be more expensive than the Z Ultra at launch. I liked the Nexus 7 size as an Android device and though about getting a used one. But I really like what Sony is doing - I've run Xperia ports in the past on my N4 and as a daily driver on my G. Nexus.

So for what I want it to do, the Ultra's size doesn't scare me. Actually I could see myself bringing it along with me on a trip instead of my T100 as a tablet to compliment whatever phone I have - most likely probably the 920.

The more I think about it, the more the Z Ultra would make a great fit in my current lineup...

You going to get the google play edition (stock android) or regular?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I think you misinterpreted the video, as it clearly for your first point, is to get back to life if you watch closely. The sleeping thing doesn't go off during the night, it just monitors it, and can find the results when you're awake.

still don't find it useful because you are still connected to your phone instead of what is important. I mean people in my high school would not let go of their phones this would just take it to a whole new level . like I said ...I still see it as a gimmick ;) I don't see what the point is to have this . the whole point is to have tech make our life easier but so far its just going to make us anti-social waiting for the little bracelet telling us someone is near us to meet them instead of taking the initiative to talk to the person

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You going to get the google play edition (stock android) or regular?

Oh, I'm getting the regular. Google Play Edition **** is like highway robbery at this point. I can get the regular HSPA+ or the European LTE models from the two websites I use - Expansys USA and another one that ships stuff from Taiwan for under $520 (under $500 for the HSPA+ model). I like the black, but would probably get the white one to go with my white 920 and my white Nokia Play 360 speaker (which is a damn fine speaker, actually). Gonna watch the prices closely and if they come down enough and I get a refund from school on time late this month or early February, I may pull the trigger.

I think I will keep the following devices:

8X for my daily driver on the commute Monday - Thursday

920 for my Friday - Sunday and all camera related outings

N4 to flash ROMs and traveling international

Z Ultra as my Android casual gaming tablet (my N4 does this jib right now)

T100 - for school and work presentations

PC - flashing ROMs and local data storage

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

if I were going android it would be stock ...because I hate touchwiz with a passion and I hate the other UI of any manufacture that has android :p

For my tastes, Moto and Sony have the best skins. Sense has gotten better but I've have outgrown it, and TouchWiz I never liked. Everyone else I never found appealing. I like Sony's skin and stock Android the best because stock visually has come along way, and Sony finally has a cleanness to the Xperia launcher I appreciate.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like Sony's clear audio, along with the Beats in my 8X (my Touchpad has Beats in it and I thoroughly enjoyed it). This is why I cannot own a Nokia currently as a full daily driver anymore - their WP8 Audio is a weakness. The T100 has surprisingly good audio for a tablet. So I'm trolling for a Z Ultra now.

Good night folks. It is still single digits here in NYC but it should be 20 degrees warmer tomorrow...just in time to make the mid week after office drinking outgoing more palatable...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

For my tastes, Moto and Sony have the best skins. Sense has gotten better but I've have outgrown it, and TouchWiz I never liked. Everyone else I never found appealing. I like Sony's skin and stock Android the best because stock visually has come along way, and Sony finally has a cleanness to the Xperia launcher I appreciate.

ive seen the sony launcher and I would not like it that much but I can probably stand htc sense UI but stock android is the only one I can stand just because I used it for a few hours and I already liked it :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I like Sony's clear audio, along with the Beats in my 8X (my Touchpad has Beats in it and I thoroughly enjoyed it). This is why I cannot own a Nokia currently as a full daily driver anymore - their WP8 Audio is a weakness. The T100 has surprisingly good audio for a tablet. So I'm trolling for a Z Ultra now.

Good night folks. It is still single digits here in NYC but it should be 20 degrees warmer tomorrow...just in time to make the mid week after office drinking outgoing more palatable...

well their audio I think is lacking on the nokia side but I can deal with it because I don't use it to listin to music as much because I have an MP3 for that but I do like the equalizer on the nokia phones :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Good morning! After all this important stuff some random personal news: I just went for a run, and my knee hurts. I should probably see a doctor... I'm afraid it could be my meniscus. I'll see how my knee feels Sunday, if it still hurts, I'll call my insurance. (Yes, I have to call my insurance before I can see a doctor, makes it much cheaper.)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Good morning! After all this important stuff some random personal news: I just went for a run, and my knee hurts. I should probably see a doctor... I'm afraid it could be my meniscus. I'll see how my knee feels Sunday, if it still hurts, I'll call my insurance. (Yes, I have to call my insurance before I can see a doctor, makes it much cheaper.)

well at least you have better health care then the country I live in :p. heck most people hate going to the doctors because of how expensive the bill is going to be

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I should of went to sleep but I couldn't because I was texting a friend so I think ill tell her good night because I got to wake up to go to work in strawberries :p ...good night all and good morning :asleep:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

well at least you have better health care then the country I live in :p. heck most people hate going to the doctors because of how expensive the bill is going to be

The first 2500 Swiss Francs (2750 $) I have to pay myself. If my bills get higher, my insurance kicks in.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Just to go into this a little bit more: In Switzerland, everybody has good health care. This is not because money grows on trees here, this is because the law forces everybody to spend her or his money on health insurance. If I had an insurance which pays for everything (without the 2500 Swiss Francs), health insurance would cost me around 15 % of my income. And this is before I have paid taxes. As I am, possibly apart from my knee, very healthy, I decided to have this 2500 Swiss Francs clause.

And then, these 15 % I'm writing about. That's only basic health care, if you want fancy things like any kind of alternative treatment, you have to pay even more.

But I give you that: If somebody can't afford health insurance in Switzerland, this person is still required by law to have one. So social institutes pay for it. But believe me, being in this situation also sucks in Switzerland.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo