WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Do you have issues with quick reply not letting you type?

Sometimes go advanced allows me to type and sometimes not. Just odd that my old playbook never had this issue. It also doesn't like to insert emoticons

Yeah, i get that on occasion. I've got to try that when i have access to my Surface. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

The 1520 doesn't tempt me. It's far too big and far too expensive. Also, if I buy a phablet, I'd buy a Galaxy Note, at least that has functions utilizing the big screen.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 costs 599 CHF, the 1520 costs 729 CHF. That's just no competition.

Damn, here the difference between the Note 3 and 1520 is less than $30! With the 1520 being more expensive. -_-

kbz1960

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, i get that on occasion. I've got to try that when i have access to my Surface. :)

I wonder if it's windows on a tablet or the forum? I've asked on CB but no replies yet. Kind of a face palm when my old pb doesn't have those quirks. However the pb has many more quirks lol.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if it's windows on a tablet or the forum? I've asked on CB but no replies yet. Kind of a face palm when my old pb doesn't have those quirks. However the pb has many more quirks lol.

Yeah, i own a Playbook and a Surface and even though the Playbook is good for what it is, the Surface is better. :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If 1520 is too expensive then shouldn't the 1320 be okay? After all WP runs great on low end hardware quite well. I test drove a friend's Note for a few days but wasn't too impressed. I guess I am not in the stylus camp.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

If 1520 is too expensive then shouldn't the 1320 be okay? After all WP runs great on low end hardware quite well. I test drove a friend's Note for a few days but wasn't too impressed. I guess I am not in the stylus camp.

Is this addressed to me? ;-)

I don't think it's sold here, and I don't think the low resolution screen and the low end specs in general would appeal to me. And I still don't need or want such a big screen if it offers no additional functionality.

If Nokia wants to interest me into a new phone, they should release a Nokia 925 successor with current hardware and a reasonable price. Well, actually, it would still run basically the same software as my 8X does. I don't think I'll be interested in buying a new Windows Phone before they release 8.1.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Is this addressed to me? ;-)

I don't think it's sold here, and I don't think the low resolution screen and the low end specs in general would appeal to me. And I still don't need or want such a big screen if it offers no additional functionality.

If Nokia wants to interest me into a new phone, they should release a Nokia 925 successor with current hardware and a reasonable price. Well, actually, it would still run basically the same software as my 8X does. I don't think I'll be interested in buying a new Windows Phone before they release 8.1.

I'm waiting for surface phone! :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm waiting for surface phone! :D

Do you really see a Surface phone being all that better than what's currently available? So maybe it 'looks' better but that's not why I buy a phone personally. I want something to work right. Until WP works right I'm not spending another dime on it.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't care what no one says, 8GB + memory card slot isn't better than 16GB fixed memory for combined usage. I wouldn't touch the 1320 because for me, it is simply a bigger version of every 8GB + microSD Lumia so far (more like a better 810/820).

Now, 16GB + microSD is a better starting point...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Until Nokia improves its audio, I cannot use it again as a daily driver. Of all the phones I have, I still like the 8X the best. If I could go to HTC and have them do a custom mod, I would ask for 4 things that would make me sell my 920...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't care what no one says, 8GB + memory card slot isn't better than 16GB fixed memory for combined usage. I wouldn't touch the 1320 because for me, it is simply a bigger version of every 8GB + microSD Lumia so far (more like a better 810/820).

Now, 16GB + microSD is a better starting point...

I don't think I can change my dislike of SD cards for phones. If there's one thing I'm actually in agreement with Apple on is the no need of SD cards. All smartphones should be internal memory only. There's no reason why it should be skimpy these days. It doesn't cost that much. The bare minimum should be 16GB for low end, 32/64GB mid range and 64/126GB flagships. This low internal memory thing needs to end and the SD card needs to go. That also goes for the 512MB RAM thing. I'm expecting that to disappear quickly though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Until Nokia improves its audio, I cannot use it again as a daily driver. Of all the phones I have, I still like the 8X the best. If I could go to HTC and have them do a custom mod, I would ask for 4 things that would make me sell my 920...

Nokia used to be great with audio. Not sure what's happened.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Do you really see a Surface phone being all that better than what's currently available? So maybe it 'looks' better but that's not why I buy a phone personally. I want something to work right. Until WP works right I'm not spending another dime on it.

When Windows Phone 8.1 is announced, I bet the Surface phone will be announced. It will have the new hardware, as it will be in like four months from now, and have some nokia features when they merge.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When Windows Phone 8.1 is announced, I bet the Surface phone will be announced. It will have the new hardware, as it will be in like four months from now, and have some nokia features when they merge.

AND??? There's nothing special about four months from now unless technology is about to jump. We've reached a bit of plateau in regards to mobile development if you haven't noticed. A Surface phone will be a nice looking Nokia phone with the 'latest' hardware, in other words, what every other manufacturer has put out already.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

AND??? There's nothing special about four months from now unless technology is about to jump. We've reached a bit of plateau in regards to mobile development if you haven't noticed. A Surface phone will be a nice looking Nokia phone with the 'latest' hardware, in other words, what every other manufacturer has put out already.

I think that's the reason WP is still in the game, although the phones always had a bit outdated hardware (except the 1520 maybe). But I think in this lies also a great danger, as software features become more and more important as a selling point.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Do you have issues with quick reply not letting you type?

Sometimes go advanced allows me to type and sometimes not. Just odd that my old playbook never had this issue. It also doesn't like to insert emoticons

On the smartwatch forum I have this issue.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think that's the reason WP is still in the game, although the phones always had a bit outdated hardware (except the 1520 maybe). But I think in this lies also a great danger, as software features become more and more important as a selling point.

I agree most people don't really care about hardware much as long as the OS runs smooth and the apps are fast. They care about the style of the phone more than the specs. I can guarantee you that most iPhone users haven't got a clue what specs their phone is. The same could probably be said for most WP and Android users too. People simply don't care.

It is all about the software now. What the OS can do, what apps it has available. Can it be upgraded, etc. We're now in the age of software for phones. The hardware is more or less going to peak, if it hasn't already, so now it comes down to user experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99