WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know the Z1's screen improved from the Z! I'm glad you like the Z Ultra. I hope you enjoy it!

Yes, it is a better looking screen on the Z1. It still seems a little washed out head on, but you can see how off the Z's screen was. Very interesting that the Z1 has a higher PPI than the Z Ultra, but the Ultra has better viewing angles. All in all, they've got three very good screens but I just like the Z Ultra's the best.

I plan to get the white model. The black looks crazy sexy but such a fingerprint magnet. The white looks good, a bit more subdued. Will throw a black folder case on it and keep things moving. Now the trick is to find a good pair or earphones...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

With all due respect, the 8X still has the second best screen on a WP8 device out now - only bested by the Lumia 1520...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I see that the forum is getting full of whine threads again... sigh.

I like to have a whinge every so often but I sometimes wish the mods would simply shut them down. It's rather depressing seeing the same stupid comments over and over again. Not to mention there's several Sticky Threads with the information people are whining about.

So... there's my whinge. I'll probably have more. :p
banned for whining and spelling whine wrong :p .... kidding XD

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The screen is ggorgeous. I was playing in the Sony store and while the Z1's screen is a vast improvement over the Z, the Z Ultra from my eye test puts both out to pasture.

I notice that with the z and z1, the z1 display way better.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, it is a better looking screen on the Z1. It still seems a little washed out head on, but you can see how off the Z's screen was. Very interesting that the Z1 has a higher PPI than the Z Ultra, but the Ultra has better viewing angles. All in all, they've got three very good screens but I just like the Z Ultra's the best.

I plan to get the white model. The black looks crazy sexy but such a fingerprint magnet. The white looks good, a bit more subdued. Will throw a black folder case on it and keep things moving. Now the trick is to find a good pair or earphones...

I thought that about the white model, then I got the white z1 and it was so sexy!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Do you really see a Surface phone being all that better than what's currently available? So maybe it 'looks' better but that's not why I buy a phone personally. I want something to work right. Until WP works right I'm not spending another dime on it.

me too...well I just want msft to improve windows 8 ..that's what I want from msft :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't care what no one says, 8GB + memory card slot isn't better than 16GB fixed memory for combined usage. I wouldn't touch the 1320 because for me, it is simply a bigger version of every 8GB + microSD Lumia so far (more like a better 810/820).

Now, 16GB + microSD is a better starting point...
not going off this rumor because of the whole 810 not getting LTE thing but what if the rumor of msft implementing a way for install apps on the SD card.......I think that will help a little ..right :)? and I know RUE doesn't like sd cards and wants to burn them to the ground but sd cards are a cheep way to get more storage

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't think I can change my dislike of SD cards for phones. If there's one thing I'm actually in agreement with Apple on is the no need of SD cards. All smartphones should be internal memory only. There's no reason why it should be skimpy these days. It doesn't cost that much. The bare minimum should be 16GB for low end, 32/64GB mid range and 64/126GB flagships. This low internal memory thing needs to end and the SD card needs to go. That also goes for the 512MB RAM thing. I'm expecting that to disappear quickly though.
well look at how much apple charges for their smartphones :/ and look how much other charge. just with a 32 gb version its 299 + a service plan but without a service plan and unlocked its 729... I don't know about you but I know im not spending that much on a phone but for the nokia lumia 1520 unlocked +32 gb of storage +sd card slot is 609$ for me that seems better than the apple approach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999