WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

wtf its 11... oh boy im going to regret it tomorrow :crying:...... so what am I going to say to start off you all in a topic ..... hmmmmm not cellphones because that's a bad topic :O OH I KNOW we can talk about how much we hate coffee and how much we love tri-tip :3

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I am only a little upset. Luxury problems I guess. But I like the look of iOS7 actually. On the other hand, the iPhone 5S with this big button/sensor is really ugly though ;-)

It switched, for the longest time I found the hardware beautiful and iOS ugly as hell.

Well, I guess WP updates will be even further delayed when Microsoft takes Nokia up. I can only imagine how complex this process is, and probably many developers will get fired anyway when they put resources together.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, I guess WP updates will be even further delayed when Microsoft takes Nokia up. I can only imagine how complex this process is, and probably many developers will get fired anyway when they put resources together.

I don't see them rocking the boat much until after WP8.1 release. It usually takes about 6 month to a year before they sort things out. Thing is, some people will leave on their own, some have already so they'll let the natural flow happen first then a look at resources will take place with incompetent people being kept on and the good people being let go.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I don't see them rocking the boat much until after WP8.1 release. It usually takes about 6 month to a year before they sort things out. Thing is, some people will leave on their own, some have already so they'll let the natural flow happen first then a look at resources will take place with incompetent people being kept on and the good people being let go.
I don't think they will keep incompetent people. They already revamped their employee evaluation methods.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

not disrupting the current system of things for the time being = rocking the boat

I think Windows Phone 8.1 is probably already pretty advanced. But afterwards I think there could be a delay, which is bad, as Windows Phone 8.1 might catch up to the other platforms, but for sure will have no lead.

But we will see, we will see, and then there's still the competition with shiny modern and feature-rich phones ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think Windows Phone 8.1 is probably already pretty advanced. But afterwards I think there could be a delay, which is bad, as Windows Phone 8.1 might catch up to the other platforms, but for sure will have no lead.

We don't know what WP8.1 will bring. For all we know it could be revolutionary and have things we don't expect. I really don't see the aquisition having a serious affect on the overall performance on the WP department, how much worse can it get... :p (sarcasm)

But we will see, we will see, and then there's still the competition with shiny modern and feature-rich phones ;-)

Can't say much about the competition. Currently, no manufacture has any flagship that I'm interested in. That includes Nokia. I'm not interested in large display phones.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

We don't know what WP8.1 will bring. For all we know it could be revolutionary and have things we don't expect. I really don't see the aquisition having a serious affect on the overall performance on the WP department, how much worse can it get... :p (sarcasm)

Based on history I can make an educated guess, and this educated guess is pretty much the opposite of revolutionary ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I seem to suffer from a slight anemia. Actually, I knew this already, but the doctor who did this check-up for my lab advised me to find out more about the causes. My insurance even allowed me to go to her again, what is good, my old doctor is too far away and she is a very nice person. I have no idea what kind of doctor she is, but maybe she can have a look at my knee when I'm there anyway ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I seem to suffer from a slight anemia. Actually, I knew this already, but the doctor who did this check-up for my lab advised me to find out more about the causes. My insurance even allowed me to go to her again, what is good, my old doctor is too far away and she is a very nice person. I have no idea what kind of doctor she is, but maybe she can have a look at my knee when I'm there anyway ;-)

Have a bit of a doctor crush??? :p

Anemia is not a nice thing to have, even a slight version of it. I should get checked for that as I appear to have some of the symptoms but that could be because I'm out of shape. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wish there was one good carrier in the us that would care about their phones no matter how bad they sell and were gsm carrier that would be so awesome :D

There is no such thing as "one good carrier" because they're all in the business of making money. It isn't Apple, who sells you "a premium experience" using its hardware as the vehicle as charges you out the *** for buying it. Guess being from a other country originally and having moved here and seeing how overly commercially driven it is here has made me cynical whenever it comes to large corporations.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Anemia is not a nice thing to have, even a slight version of it. I should get checked for that as I appear to have some of the symptoms but that could be because I'm out of shape. :p

Doctor crushes are cool. I had one and it was filled with juicy irony...

My previous doctor was actually good friends with one of my former coworkers who supervised me at some point. It was interesting because I remember at the end of the last visit I had with my old doctor, when she asked me where I worked, it was her who mentioned her good friend was going to be an adolescent fellow and she asked me to "keep an eye out for her". Dr. M was amazing though as a physician - very smart, caring, passionate and was attractive as hell. My crush was big time. Never saw her again, but I'd ask through her friend what she was up to and heard she was off doing great things.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Getting ready for the daily grind into the city. It is still cold out though. If I could call out and stay home, I would...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. Getting ready for the daily grind into the city. It is still cold out though. If I could call out and stay home, I would...

Regardless of the weather, I feel like this everyday... :p

I'm still not feeling 100% and I'm having a hell of time concentrating at work. Oh well.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess I do ;-)

I feel actually very good and in shape. I didn't run because of my legs for around 6 weeks, and when I went for the first time I could do 2/3 of the distance in 45 minutes and it was no problem.

But you should check it, maybe we can start a blackpudding cure :D

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There is no such thing as "one good carrier" because they're all in the business of making money. It isn't Apple, who sells you "a premium experience" using its hardware as the vehicle as charges you out the *** for buying it. Guess being from a other country originally and having moved here and seeing how overly commercially driven it is here has made me cynical whenever it comes to large corporations.

In Switzerland every phone works on every net, and you get usually all of them unlocked from independent shops much cheaper than directly from the carrier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb