WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Anyone been keeping up with CES? Just saw an article about turning your smartphone into a tricorder or a stun gun :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Anyone been keeping up with CES? Just saw an article about turning your smartphone into a tricorder or a stun gun :D

Yeah I saw that on the BBC site. I've been glimpsing at the news. I don't get overly excited about these things personally. I love tech but it's a tad stale at the moment.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I saw that on the BBC site. I've been glimpsing at the news. I don't get overly excited about these things personally. I love tech but it's a tad stale at the moment.

I keep up with CES with Engadget. Most of the news don't really interest me, I like to read about the new cameras.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In Switzerland every phone works on every net, and you get usually all of them unlocked from independent shops much cheaper than directly from the carrier.

That's how it should be all over, but the problem is that the US carriers have always had the OEMs and the consumers more importantly by the balls. Your system is what I was always used to before moving here and have decided that I'd rather just treat the hardware and the service as two separate things. Which means I buy my phones unlocked now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Same here. While I like reading about the stuff, I rather tech I can use and is a great fit for me. Some of the stuff is a bit too over the top.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We don't know what WP8.1 will bring. For all we know it could be revolutionary and have things we don't expect. I really don't see the aquisition having a serious affect on the overall performance on the WP department, how much worse can it get... :p (sarcasm)

Can't say much about the competition. Currently, no manufacture has any flagship that I'm interested in. That includes Nokia. I'm not interested in large display phones.

Same here. There is nothing out there that makes me go "Man I'm in need of that!". The stuff I have is so "because they're good at one thing". It is why at the end of the day I still sing the praises of the 8X - it is a very balanced headset. Sometimes being good enough at everything can offset being great in one or two areas (Mapping, Camera) and being a dud in others (Audio). Yup, I'm talking you Nokia...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Regardless of the weather, I feel like this everyday... :p

I'm still not feeling 100% and I'm having a hell of time concentrating at work. Oh well.

For us commuters, work days are aalways full of crap...but what to do indeed...i just want to have enough money coming in one day where I can set my own hours and not have to worry about feeling the pinch with any bills...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

For us commuters, work days are aalways full of crap...but what to do indeed...i just want to have enough money coming in one day where I can set my own hours and not have to worry about feeling the pinch with any bills...

I use Bluetooth for audio with an old Nokia Headset. The sound is pretty good but I want something new, partially because the ones I have are not that good and hurt after a while.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I use Bluetooth for audio with an old Nokia Headset. The sound is pretty good but I want something new, partially because the ones I have are not that good and hurt after a while.

Ah. I use my Purity wired headphones and while they are balanced, they're on the quiet side. I had some old iPhone headphones I was using that were much louder - so loud I would listen them with the volume on 10/30 and still hear nice sound but they got damaged yesterday. So I'm going to look around for something else. I'm looking into maybe one of the Sony models for Bluetooth options...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Same here. There is nothing out there that makes me go "Man I'm in need of that!". The stuff I have is so "because they're good at one thing". It is why at the end of the day I still sing the praises of the 8X - it is a very balanced headset. Sometimes being good enough at everything can offset being great in one or two areas (Mapping, Camera) and being a dud in others (Audio). Yup, I'm talking you Nokia...

I will give Nokia credit where it is due in the Audio dept - while comparatively ancient, the Play 360 is a bad *** speaker. I love mine because it is loud, the sound is clean and it had the versatility to pair with all my devices and be plugged into my PC as well. I wanted to get a cyan to compliment my white one but I think I will stick with one for now...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ah. I use my Purity wired headphones and while they are balanced, they're on the quiet side. I had some old iPhone headphones I was using that were much louder - so loud I would listen them with the volume on 10/30 and still hear nice sound but they got damaged yesterday. So I'm going to look around for something else. I'm looking into maybe one of the Sony models for Bluetooth options...

For wired I have a pair of Logitech earbuds. Damn loud things. They hold up well to volume but can be a touch tinny. I adjust the equalizer with them. I can't do much with the bluetooth ones I have.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just wanted you to know that I feel tired. Still a lot ahead of me in the lab though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb