WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This is the thing i never get. Samsung put a similar app out and everyone was like "ho hum. Samsung doesn't do **** to support WP". Nokia puts their version out and we get long articles covering the app. Yes, I know that most of the WP8 models are made by Nokia but geez man, some of the reactions I've seen so far appear to be more fit for iMore forums...

I concur, if Samsung had it then they too deserve the credit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If every 810 owner complained it might help.I'm doing my 2cents worth.

We've been complaining and debating this since they EOL'ed the phone in May (see the update thread in the 810 forums). If they haven't heard us then, they won't here us now.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In Oslo I had a look at the new iPads (it was raining). I wasn't really amazed, I think they're as boring and useless for me as all the tablets.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I concur, if Samsung had it then they too deserve the credit.

Samsung released it before Nokia too. I do feel that Samsung supports windows phone better than HTC, though.

Samsung had this out a few months ago...you know, kinda around the same time that they put out Update 3 and updates their app offerings.

Support is relative in the trade. I will argue that given HTC's current resources, I think they support WP8 just fine. They were one of the first to put out all the updates (as long as it didn't have issues with their carrier variants). Would I like them to update the Beats Audio and especially the camera app more? Hell yes. But they have no share in Beats and they're too busy trying to fix the Ultrapixel crap, so hey, I won't complain. They only have 3 WP8 phones. Lets see what they do with the WP8 version of the One.

Samsung has updated their stuff as well. Yes it is a Nokia show, but its not like we've been completely left in the dark by the other OEMs. The carriers are still up to the old tricks though...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In Oslo I had a look at the new iPads (it was raining). I wasn't really amazed, I think they're as boring and useless for me as all the tablets.

Well, they're not all useless, maybe just lacking in value for you at this point. 😊. I'm curious when MSFT will put out the 64 Bit versions of Windows 8 for tablets. My guess is maybe this year when the new chipsets get announced....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the ASUS Vivo Tab.

? Which one? The Transformer is nice if you want a good budget tablet. If you need something smaller, the Dell Venue 8 Pro or the Asus Note 8 are pretty nice - the Asus Note isn't out yet though...Pus, I wouldn't touch anything from last year outside of the Surface One unless it is a super steal of a deal...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

+1 on either the Transformer Book T100 or the DVP8.

Both are great choices at their price. The Vivotab? Get it if you're willing to fork more money.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Pus, I wouldn't touch anything from last year outside of the Surface One unless it is a super steal of a deal...

Last year was 2013. You probably meant 2012.

Surface RT could go down to $150 with a type/touch cover, and it's actually a great price to get one.

Just make sure you can tolerate the lag.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

+1 on either the Transformer Book T100 or the DVP8.

Both are great choices at their price. The Vivotab? Get it if you're willing to fork more money.

I am thinking about the one with Wacom stylus that just got announced at the CES 2014 for $299. The "SO" wants it for her needs. I am quite okay with my phone for most of my app needs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am thinking about the one with Wacom stylus that just got announced at the CES 2014 for $299. The "SO" wants it for her needs. I am quite okay with my phone for most of my app needs.

Cool. You cannot go wrong with either that or the Dell Venue 8 Pro. Would love to see a comparison. If she isn't rushing you for it, you may be able to get it a little cheaper, since it is Asus and places like Tigerdirect and Newegg may put up a special from time to time...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb