WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The engineer for the companies have to make the changes for kitkat then have to go through the carrier then can be release.

For an update that was announced last year, and a phone announced a few days ago, makes it sad that it runs the older OS in the launch. And no excuses, as some phones, like that Asus phone with LTE-A, has 4.4.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

For an update that was announced last year, and a phone announced a few days ago, makes it sad that it runs the older OS in the launch. And no excuses, as some phones, like that Asus phone with LTE-A, has 4.4.

There many factories for why the updates aren't on the latest devices or not to old devices:

1. Bugs or errors
2. Not being approved by Google or carriers
3. Not compatible with the OEM skin
4. The SoC manufacturer hasn't released the drivers needed
5. The board disagree on updating devices

etc etc etc

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

There many factories for why the updates aren't on the latest devices or not to old devices:

1. Bugs or errors
2. Not being approved by Google or carriers
3. Not compatible with the OEM skin
4. The SoC manufacturer hasn't released the drivers needed
5. The board disagree on updating devices

etc etc etc

Such a damn long process...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

*If I ever decide to* go back to Android, I plan on Nexus, Moto or GPE devices. I don't think I can live with any other type of Android phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Such a damn long process...

That's why Moto killed their Motoblur Skin and Sony lightened theirs considerably. HTC has cut a lot of bloat out of Sense and Sammy and LG have made their skins bloated. A lighter skin means faster updates. We can thank Apple and their one hone system for getting consumers riled up about updates (slow process of)...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

That's why Moto killed their Motoblur Skin and Sony lightened theirs considerably. HTC has cut a lot of bloat out of Sense and Sammy and LG have made their skins bloated. A lighter skin means faster updates. We can thank Apple and their one hone system for getting consumers riled up about updates (slow process of)...

Yeah, Apple is always the fastest, because they MAKE their chip, OS, and phone.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I may be one of the few who are not in favor of a dual boot OS Phone. It would be a pain in the **** to keep switching. it maybe nice for now but once WP has all the apps there will really be no need for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss