WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't want android anywhere near my WP goodness. But that's just me. Go for what you like.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

*If I ever decide to* go back to Android, I plan on Nexus, Moto or GPE devices. I don't think I can live with any other type of Android phone.

I'd go for Sony, Motorola or Nexus, that's it. :)

Oh yeah, and maybe the HTC One or it's successor.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

As useful as wearing a pair of super tights briefs because all your underwear is the hamper and needs to be washed...

The next feature from Google will be, "Now you can call people using Google Plus, even if you don't know their phone number"

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Apple is always the fastest, because they MAKE their chip, OS, and phone.

Apple has never made a thing a day in its life, other than its own designs and rebranded other people's ideas in consumer minds as their own **** they invented.

Having said that, Apple is fastest because they exert control over their own device and software. Because they negotiated a favorable deal with their initial carrier partners, once the iPhone started to sell, it gave them maximum leverage. New carriers had to BOW to their terms because iPhone sells in droves, and the old carrier partners had to keep it because it is getting steady subscribers. Give Apple credit - by making the focus on software primary and hardware as supportive, they stay in customer's pockets because most of their $$$ earned is from content.

They walked in and got consumers focused on content and everything else, including firmware updates are supposed to help consumers consume content faster, better. The game got changed because of that.

Last edited:

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Apple has never made a thing a day in its life, other than its own designs and rebranded other people's ideas in consumer minds as their own **** they invented.

Having said that, Apple is fastest because they exert control over the own device and software. Because the negotiated a favorable deal with their initial carrier partners, once the iPhone started to sell, it gave them maximum leverage. New carriers had to be to their terms because iPhone sells in droves, and the old carrier partners had to keep it because it is getting steady subscribers. Give Apple credit - by making the focus on software primary and hardware as supportive, they stay in customer's pockets because most of their $$$ earned is from content.

They walked in and got consumers focused on content and everything else, including firmware updates are supposed t help consumers consume content faster, better. The game got changed because of that.

Apple does bother me A LOT, and it's mindless Sheep users, but they did revolutionize many categories, like a portable music player (that did pretty well), all in one computers, the iPhone, and the iPad (i know it is just a giant iPod Touch). Although not much has changed, in terms of "revolutionizing" technology, their basis and early products were pretty cool and changed the tech industry forever.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

*If I ever decide to* go back to Android, I plan on Nexus, Moto or GPE devices. I don't think I can live with any other type of Android phone.

For me, it is Sony, Nexus and Moto - in THAT order. That's why when I add the Z Ultra to my lineup, the only thing that would make me ditch my Nexus 4 would be a Nexus 5. I've outgrown Sense and Samsung and LG are just no good for me. I tell the GF that if I owned a S4 the FIRST thing is do is root it and drop a GPE ROM on it...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

For me, it is Sony, Nexus and Moto - in THAT order. That's why when I add the Z Ultra to my lineup, the only thing that would make me ditch my Nexus 4 would be a Nexus 5. I've outgrown Sense and Samsung and LG are just no good for me. I tell the GF that if I owned a S4 the FIRST thing is do is root it and drop a GPE ROM on it...

Yeah, touchwiz bothers me a lot, as does Sense and LG's UI. Only ones that I like are Sony's (still meh), Motorola's UI (which is basically a better version of stock), and nexus.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, touchwiz bothers me a lot, as does Sense and LG's UI. Only ones that I like are Sony's (still meh), Motorola's UI (which is basically a better version of stock), and nexus.

For me, it's not that I dislike Sense...i just love the old school Manilla on WM better. Sense got to a point where they didn't need to reskin the whole OS as was necessary in the Cupcake - Froyo days. Touchwiz I never ever liked...it had Bloat potential from the SGH-D900 days and my fears of that came true with the Galaxy line.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Apple does bother me A LOT, and it's mindless Sheep users, but they did revolutionize many categories, like a portable music player (that did pretty well), all in one computers, the iPhone, and the iPad (i know it is just a giant iPod Touch). Although not much has changed, in terms of "revolutionizing" technology, their basis and early products were pretty cool and changed the tech industry forever.

I don't disagree with you there. Apple has done a lot of good things to move the industry forward, but so has others too. But everyone seems to be singing Apple's praises like they invented the mobile industry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb