WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

No and what a boring name that would be! :p

I just did quick read of their Wiki, you'll be disappointed to know they're not scientist.

It's okay, I'll cope ;-)

(And I also looked them up, and read the part about their name.)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My brother told me he would like to have a Windows Phone device again, he does like Android less and less. He uses a Note II for personal use and his company phone is an iPhone.

I told him that there's just no WP he can buy right now. The only phone with current hardware is the 1520, which is oversized and overpriced (he'd like to have a smaller screen). All the other phones are over an year old or have the same hardware as phones over an year old.

I then announced that I'm looking forward to the iPhone 6 release, maybe it could interest me, and my brothers just accepted this. They both use iPhone because they have to (Switzerland is iPhone country), and they don't really like it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My brother told me he would like to have a Windows Phone device again, he does like Android less and less. He uses a Note II for personal use and his company phone is an iPhone.

I told him that there's just no WP he can buy right now. The only phone with current hardware is the 1520, which is oversized and overpriced (he'd like to have a smaller screen). All the other phones are over an year old or have the same hardware as phones over an year old.

I then announced that I'm looking forward to the iPhone 6 release, maybe it could interest me, and my brothers just accepted this. They both use iPhone because they have to (Switzerland is iPhone country), and they don't really like it.

I have to agree. At this stage there is no WP I would buy. Granted I like the look of the 925 and I like the camera of the 1020 but both almost have the same hardware as my 920. I don't want a huge phone like th 1520. I want a screen size similar to my 920. So I would have said the same thing.

Saying that if they wanted one to try I would have pointed them to the 920 as a device to try WP out on. It's reasonably cheap now and is still a good all around phone. I think the 920 is a good starting phone for anyone. It's a good balance of price and performance.

I'm curious to see what Apple will bring out with iPhone 6. Though not enough to buy one.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have to agree. At this stage there is no WP I would buy. Granted I like the look of the 925 and I like the camera of the 1020 but both almost have the same hardware as my 920. I don't want a huge phone like th 1520. I want a screen size similar to my 920. So I would have said the same thing.

Saying that if they wanted one to try I would have pointed them to the 920 as a device to try WP out on. It's reasonably cheap now and is still a good all around phone. I think the 920 is a good starting phone for anyone. It's a good balance of price and performance.

I'm curious to see what Apple will bring out with iPhone 6. Though not enough to buy one.

Back in the days he owned a HTC Titan and I think deep inside he still misses it. If he's anything like me he wouldn't like the 920 though, I don't like it because it's just too big and heavy. Anyway, he doesn't have to switch now, maybe in a few months there will be a 920/925 successor available.

I don't think I would actually buy an iPhone, but I think my brain keeps itself entertained by thinking about it. ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think I would actually buy an iPhone, but I think my brain keeps itself entertained by thinking about it. ;-)

With the issues my wife recently had with her 820 she occasionally jokes about getting an iPhone. The biggest disappointment to her is the fact the shells never came in purple though. The 820 sort of disappeared quickly. I personally think it's a half decent phone, the mistake was the display and the SD card though.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

With the issues my wife recently had with her 820 she occasionally jokes about getting an iPhone. The biggest disappointment to her is the fact the shells never came in purple though. The 820 sort of disappeared quickly. I personally think it's a half decent phone, the mistake was the display and the SD card though.
Not really. The mistakes centered on the tiny battery and the internal storage. Partially also due to the fact that the 720 has a better camera than the 820.
The best thing about the 820 is its display, though.

And, with that, good morning/afternoon/evening!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The 820 was never cheap enough to be a real alternative to the 920 in Switzerland. As we usually don't have this carrier specific bull**** (we do have it rarely for a few weeks) I don't think they sold a lot of them. I have never seen one.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not really. The mistakes centered on the tiny battery and the internal storage. Partially also due to the fact that the 720 has a better camera than the 820.
The best thing about the 820 is its display, though.

And, with that, good morning/afternoon/evening!

Actually her phone outlasts mine whenever we're out. So tiny battery or not it's still better than my 920. The camera is pretty good though. The display is not hi-res but it is a nice display. The low internal storage is disappointing and the SD card (all SD cards) are a mistake in my eyes. They've been nothing but problems.

Good morning/afternoon.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Actually her phone outlasts mine whenever we're out. So tiny battery or not it's still better than my 920. The camera is pretty good though. The display is not hi-res but it is a nice display. The low internal storage is disappointing and the SD card (all SD cards) are a mistake in my eyes. They've been nothing but problems.

I think SD cards could be a nice addition, as long as the internal storage is big enough. Or are you referring to specific technical issues?

The sad thing is, that phone manufacturers, and mostly Apple, use internal storage to rip off people with an insane price increase for more storage.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think SD cards could be a nice addition, as long as the internal storage is big enough. Or are you referring to specific technical issues?

The sad thing is, that phone manufacturers, and mostly Apple, use internal storage to rip off people with an insane price increase for more storage.

My opinion behind SD cards is that there are many issues with them. If people buy cheap ones they are easily corrupted. There's compatibility issues in relation to speed and size. Then there's the issue of illegal applications. This is without going into the issues that WP had with them in general.

As for internal storage, to this day I don't quite understand what's going on here. The prices are completely out of sync with reality. Minimum 16GB internal storage for low end devices, though I would prefer higher. That also goes with the 1GB RAM issue. There should never have been 512MB RAM devices.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My opinion behind SD cards is that there are many issues with them. If people buy cheap ones they are easily corrupted. There's compatibility issues in relation to speed and size. Then there's the issue of illegal applications. This is without going into the issues that WP had with them in general.

As for internal storage, to this day I don't quite understand what's going on here. The prices are completely out of sync with reality. Minimum 16GB internal storage for low end devices, though I would prefer higher. That also goes with the 1GB RAM issue. There should never have been 512MB RAM devices.
lets go with 128gb for minimum and 1TB for high end ... I think that would make everyone happy :D? and lets go with 2 gb of ram for low end and 8 gb for high end :cool:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well I hope I survive this last day of work if not I will miss eating tri-tip :crying:and wont be able to say I started tri-tipism or tri-tipology or even have a sickness called tri-tipitus :p

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So talking about MicroSD cards are we well I always get the most high end card to go into my devices which I currently have a Samsung class 10 with UHS 1 which has a read speed of 70MB and write of 20MB which I have in my Surface 2 had no issues, store all my music and videos always fast to access and writing as well a similar speed as the Surface 2 I guess.

I order another for my Sony Xperia Z1.

I do believe that there should only be these types of cards to buy that are high performance non of this cheap stuff with all the issues you get slow performance, crashes, losing content etc.

This is what I use and it excellent might be expensive at ?45 but worth it for the performance, you have with apps, full HD movies, music with no issues or lag with accessing the content.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Mic...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2296979

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The research I did on my SD card prior to buying gave me the impression that it was good. However, I have learned that even high end cards corrupt. Not sure if it's just a micro-SD card thing or all do eventually.

The SD card is fine. Just had issues with the duplicate song thing which I hopefully have rectified.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo