WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Annoyed how whenever I contact battlefield on twitter for help, they always ignore me, while always help everyone else. :-/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I'll jump into the SD card discussion for a second. I find posting from the WPC app as it is so much easier to pick up where I left off...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The research I did on my SD card prior to buying gave me the impression that it was good. However, I have learned that even high end cards corrupt. Not sure if it's just a micro-SD card thing or all do eventually.

The SD card is fine. Just had issues with the duplicate song thing which I hopefully have rectified.

I find that Samsung are the best in memory currently their eMMC is in the Surface 2, their microSD card are very fast than others in the same price range etc.

I like Samsung for my memory needs to microSD to RAM to HDD.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

well I hope I survive this last day of work if not I will miss eating tri-tip :crying:and wont be able to say I started tri-tipism or tri-tipology or even have a sickness called tri-tipitus :p

I think us working folk have had the "I wish I could just survive THIS DAY of work" thought at least once a week...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My opinion behind SD cards is that there are many issues with them. If people buy cheap ones they are easily corrupted. There's compatibility issues in relation to speed and size. Then there's the issue of illegal applications. This is without going into the issues that WP had with them in general.

As for internal storage, to this day I don't quite understand what's going on here. The prices are completely out of sync with reality. Minimum 16GB internal storage for low end devices, though I would prefer higher. That also goes with the 1GB RAM issue. There should never have been 512MB RAM devices.

My take has always been that the 820 was a mistake by Nokia. Of all their models, the best offering was the 720, unfortunately. It is a nice phone, don't get me wrong, but when Nokia tried to fill out their rang with the 720 and the 820, that was a bad move. It is like they split the 920 up features wise and gave the 720 the good design and great camera for its class, gave the 820 the very good display and neutered the internal storage.

I enjoyed my 810, and I liked seeing the 820/822. But, once they didn't sell in the US, that was that. What Nokia forgets is that the prices of their phones don't drop as quickly. So I would often get these knuckleheads on WPC who would preach to me how much better the 820 was vs a Ativ S at the same price point in some markets - like you can physically use Nokia's "aftersales support" as a space to load more apps on when you physically exceed your internal storage.

I hope Microsoft doesn't make the same mistake as others before them and put put ether good value for money entry handsets and great hgh end models ONLY.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I didn't get the conformation mail that my head-phones are sent away yet. I want these tomorrow! :-/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Good news, I checked online. They are already sent out and on the way. I'll get them tomorrow for sure.

It's a very reliable company I ordered them from. But they don't seem to send out the conformation mails anymore...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My opinion behind SD cards is that there are many issues with them. If people buy cheap ones they are easily corrupted. There's compatibility issues in relation to speed and size. Then there's the issue of illegal applications. This is without going into the issues that WP had with them in general.

As for internal storage, to this day I don't quite understand what's going on here. The prices are completely out of sync with reality. Minimum 16GB internal storage for low end devices, though I would prefer higher. That also goes with the 1GB RAM issue. There should never have been 512MB RAM devices.

As for storage, personally, if MSFT is going to keep standardizing hardware, going forward they should do this:

Low end - 8GB internal + SD slot, 1GB RAM
Mid range - 16GB internal + SD slot, 1 or 2GB RAM
High end - 32GB minimum (SD slot optional), 3GB RAM minimum.

I think they were right to move to NAND flash as the internal due to the fact that people all always buy knock off SD cards. Memory should be one of those things that is offered cheaper to the consumer, but everyone follows the Apple model to screw over consumers, and often times, must OEMs don't have the support in place to justify taking advantage of consumers/ "offering a premium experience".

Now that MSFT is roughly to a point where they can access the latest chipsets as early as Android does, there is no excuse for the mid range to have 8GB internal or for there to be any 512MB RAM devices. If MSFT continues to not comprise smartly, I bet you all still see them have issues in the mid range.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My take has always been that the 820 was a mistake by Nokia. Of all their models, the best offering was the 720, unfortunately. It is a nice phone, don't get me wrong, but when Nokia tried to fill out their rang with the 720 and the 820, that was a bad move. It is like they split the 920 up features wise and gave the 720 the good design and great camera for its class, gave the 820 the very good display and neutered the internal storage.

I enjoyed my 810, and I liked seeing the 820/822. But, once they didn't sell in the US, that was that. What Nokia forgets is that the prices of their phones don't drop as quickly. So I would often get these knuckleheads on WPC who would preach to me how much better the 820 was vs a Ativ S at the same price point in some markets - like you can physically use Nokia's "aftersales support" as a space to load more apps on when you physically exceed your internal storage.

I hope Microsoft doesn't make the same mistake as others before them and put put ether good value for money entry handsets and great hgh end models ONLY.

Area you suggesting that the Samsung Ativ S for $243 from Expansys is better than the 822? Can you please tell me if you can get Nokia Mix Radio on it?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I find that Samsung are the best in memory currently their eMMC is in the Surface 2, their microSD card are very fast than others in the same price range etc.

I like Samsung for my memory needs to microSD to RAM to HDD.

I typically use either Sandisk or Samsung for my SD card needs. I dropped the cheapies from bad accidents YEARS ago duirng my WM days...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss