WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I looked up the XPERIA Z. I remember when people were laughing about 1080p phones, and now it has become a standard. Except for Windows Phone of course, but that's a different story I guess.

Personally I don't like Sony much. Mostly because of their proprietary and over-expensive crap they forced on us in every way. Although they are probably not that bad anymore.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

You haven't read my post 5 to 10 threads back.

Well I got a call from the insurance company about my 920 replacement which was out of stock so I was given alternative and went for the SONY XPERIA Z!

No i didn't see that post. And why did you go for the xperia z? I would have said 1020 please!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What network you on?

I'm on EE. I already checked the availability. It says 'waiting for approval'. Like it did with Amber... which basically means I'm going to be last again. Right now it's a race between 3 UK and EE. I have a feeling EE will lose. :p

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm on EE. I already checked the availability. It says 'waiting for approval'. Like it did with Amber... which basically means I'm going to be last again. Right now it's a race between 3 UK and EE. I have a feeling EE will lose. :p

Ouch that sucks! I would keep checking with the phone update software on the phone. However it is still 'waiting for approval' may take a while

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I looked up the XPERIA Z. I remember when people were laughing about 1080p phones, and now it has become a standard. Except for Windows Phone of course, but that's a different story I guess.

Personally I don't like Sony much. Mostly because of their proprietary and over-expensive crap they forced on us in every way. Although they are probably not that bad anymore.

They don't force you to purchase there wonderful items. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ouch that sucks! I would keep checking with the phone update software on the phone. However it is still 'waiting for approval' may take a while

With Amber we were a month later than everyone else. I'm hoping it won't be that bad this time.... :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had a choice of the SONY XPERIA Z, Samsung galaxy s4 or Samsung galaxy note 2.

What I don't get is that you had a WP. You should have been offered a WP replacement. This is the second time I've heard this where a WP is not even offered, only Androids. If this keeps happening I can see WP market share shrinking as people have no choice in their replacements. I'd complain personally. I had a WP, I'm invested in that ecosystem, therefore I want a WP to replace the one I had. That's what you say.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

They don't force you to purchase there wonderful items. :p

I had once a Sony camera that wasn't recognized by Windows XP without the terrible and bloated Sony drivers. Also they didn't use micro-USB which was already standard for Canon cameras.

At around the same time I owned a Vaio Laptop. Every other device used SD cards, but this (3000 $) thing had only a slot for the overpriced Sony cards.

After that I never even looked at a Sony product again. I'm still not interested, that's the reason I had to look the XPERIA up, I had no idea what kind of phone this is.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't use an EE SIM. It's the fact I have a IME that's EE. So I'm stuck with their updates even though my phone is unlocked. This is what people don't understand. Due to the exclusive carrier crap we have phones tied to carriers even after their unlocked because they IME is tied to the carrier. So if EE decides they don't want to bothe with WP8.1 update I won't get it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What I don't get is that you had a WP. You should have been offered a WP replacement. This is the second time I've heard this where a WP is not even offered, only Androids. If this keeps happening I can see WP market share shrinking as people have no choice in their replacements. I'd complain personally. I had a WP, I'm invested in that ecosystem, therefore I want a WP to replace the one I had. That's what you say.

The 920 was out of stock and they weren't that sure when it might be back which they said one or two weeks wait so I said get me the SONY XPERIA Z.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The 920 was out of stock and there weren't that sure when it might be back which they said one or two weeks wait so I said get me the SONY XPERIA Z.

You should have said I want a WP tell me what you have in stock. I'm not waiting for two weeks.

But then you're a Sony fan so I can see why you didn't struggle.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

You should have said I want a WP tell me what you have in stock. I'm not waiting for two weeks.

They only had to say SONY for me to be hook and it excellent specs wise and it for my brother which I asked if he wanted to wait or do you want the Sony went for the Sony.

I had great experience with Sony phones anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs