WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

On the AT&T / T-Mo saga I ran the math:

Monthly bill would go up by $20 on AT&T vs T-MO.
Activation fees would be $72 - I don't know if they you tax on the Activation fees or not.
My SO would need a new phone that would work better on AT&T - thinking Moto G for her $218 from Amazon
Have to stay 3 month to get credit and then about 4 more to use it up.

So 7 months later, 72+218+140 = $430...not worth a new Moto G and the hassle....so I decided to stay put. If I ignore the phone it still is a lot of bother....and I cannot ignore the phone since she will need a new one to work well on AT&T.....

There is a Google Play Edition out to the Moto G. You can look into that. Not LTE though, just HSPA+.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

There is a Google Play Edition out to the Moto G. You can look into that. Not LTE though, just HSPA+.

honest question.... I always think is there a point to have over 50mbps on a cellphone connection? I can understand on a desktop but not on a cellphone I figure hspa+ enough for peoples needs

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

op ops ..... but that isn't bad from the 920
Considering the lighting conditions, it is a decent shot. The purple light is from the lights of a police car by the main road from by the gas station which is a good distance away. So the OIS was on full display there. Very powerful camera still this 920 is.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile is good in my area...I was just trying to cash in on AT&T but the math is not too favorable....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I'm satisfied with what I have in my stable: a 8X, 920, T100 tablet and a Nexus 4. Once I add the Z Ultra to the mix, I'm good. My friend plans to take my Touchpad off my hands, so the Z Ultra replaces that. The regulars here would tell you how I wanted a 925 or a 1020, but because Nokia didn't out a S600 chip in the 1020 and because I couldn't get the 32GB version of the 925 I passed on both phones.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, I'm satisfied with what I have in my stable: a 8X, 920, T100 tablet and a Nexus 4. Once I add the Z Ultra to the mix, I'm good. My friend plans to take my Touchpad off my hands, so the Z Ultra replaces that. The regulars here would tell you how I wanted a 925 or a 1020, but because Nokia didn't out a S600 chip in the 1020 and because I couldn't get the 32GB version of the 925 I passed on both phones.
I do wish nokia did make the 32 gb of the 925 standard for all 925 international and even variants

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well that kinda settles the 8X debate and no SD card to put music on.....need to investigate more options...

There isn't much. It all depends on how much music you need to carry around as opposed to the sound of your music. It is kinda why I almost got a regular 925, I thought didn't need to carry all my pictures around and I could manage the smaller space the same why I do with my 8X's music. But once I couldn't get the 32GB version, I decide storage was more important. Especially since there isn't a huge drop off from the 925's camera to the 920.

I lugged around a ton of music on my 810 and the sound quality was OK. I like the sound of my music on my 8X better. But it is up to you to decide, as your SD choices are between Nokia and Samsung.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo