WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

what o.o? I don't get it ...must be an adult joke ...I have a feeling RUE and MIA will get it

It's not a joke. We say we feel like we were tortured on a wheel, however after I read on Wikipedia what that actually means I decided I wouldn't use this expression anymore.

What people can do to people is incredibly cruel, that's why I think there is something wrong with humans...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well and I thought I was crazy by thinking about my ex when I wake up but nevermind ... I don't think I think about a torcher wheel :straight:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's not a joke. We say we feel like we were tortured on a wheel, however after I read on Wikipedia what that actually means I decided I wouldn't use this expression anymore.

What people can do to people is incredibly cruel, that's why I think there is something wrong with humans...

There's a saying, 'not enough room to swing a cat' thing is most people don't realise what a 'cat' is in this instance.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

and here we go to start off the morning ...we are talking about cruel stuff .....oh boy ..... well im off to sleep ...

I dreamt (my spell checker doesn't know this word, let's try dreamed... yeah, it knows that :-/ ) I am bold. Now that's the stuff nightmares are made of. Actually, my hear gets thinner and I always thought this is just the way it is, but my subconsciousness seems to be troubled by it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There's a helicopter in the air, at the same position for quite a while now. Colibris can do the same thing. I think it's landing... no, it is ascending again.

They are cutting trees to the ground says my coworker. With a helicopter...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Funny enough, if you're talking raw numbers, each day I see youth in my office about Sahib's age who will tell me that they've been dating their curre,t partner for 3 years, 4 years, 6 years. I saw a girl who was 24 that was dating someone for 10 years and they had a child already together.

So how young people define relationship length is relative these days.

I was relating to perception of time. When I was younger time seemed so much slower. These days things just zip by. I know many young people get into relationships very young. I made that mistake myself. I'm not saying all relationships that start young will fail, just those that don't allow each other to grow, which is a common problem in young relationships.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Nothing to see here.

I'm having a yoghurt for my beakfast and trying to decide if static images are better than carousels on websites.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I had the unpleasant surprise of a power outage around 22:45 GMT -5 on 15 January 2014. Power came back around 01:10 GMT -5 on 16 January 2014.

We aren't having any bad weather. It's cold, but it is not raining or snowing. Whatever the cause was, it had nothing to do with weather.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

There's a helicopter in the air, at the same position for quite a while now. Colibris can do the same thing. I think it's landing... no, it is ascending again.

They are cutting trees to the ground says my coworker. With a helicopter...
We had a huge blackout in US and in Ontario, Canada in 2003 because the utility company here in Ohio failed to cut the trees, amongst other problems. Northeast blackout of 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I had the unpleasant surprise of a power outage around 22:45 GMT -5 on 15 January 2014. Power came back around 01:10 GMT -5 on 16 January 2014.

We aren't having any bad weather. It's cold, but it is not raining or snowing. Whatever the cause was, it had nothing to do with weather.

That's very unfortunate.

That's something good about Switzerland, I can't even remember the last power loss. Wait, it was during my apprenticeship back between 2000 and 2004.

I hope your ice cream didn't melt (that's just the first thing I have to think of, but I'm always thinking about ice cream...).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I dreamt (my spell checker doesn't know this word, let's try dreamed... yeah, it knows that :-/ ) I am bold. Now that's the stuff nightmares are made of. Actually, my hear gets thinner and I always thought this is just the way it is, but my subconsciousness seems to be troubled by it.

That's really odd your spell checker doesn't know 'dreamt'. 'Dreamt' is a very common past tense and past participle of dream in English.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's very unfortunate.

That's something good about Switzerland, I can't even remember the last power loss. Wait, it was during my apprenticeship back between 2000 and 2004.

I hope your ice cream didn't melt (that's just the first thing I have to think of, but I'm always thinking about ice cream...).
That wasn't long enough to melt anything in my freezer. It was only ~17?C in my apartment, since no power meant no heat. I did not open the freezer during the outage.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's really odd your spell checker doesn't know 'dreamt'. 'Dreamt' is a very common past tense and past participle of dream in English.

I have the same problem with my spell checker on IE 9. Well IE 9 doesn't have one built in but I installed a plug-in.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We had a huge blackout in US and in Ontario, Canada in 2003 because the utility company here in Ohio failed to cut the trees, amongst other problems. Northeast blackout of 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember that all too clearly. We were without power for almost a week.

However, the recent ice storm in the Toronto area people were without power over xmas and over a week in what can only be called cold temps.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nothing to see here.

I'm having a yoghurt for my beakfast and trying to decide if static images are better than carousels on websites.

Depends on the website and where the carousel is. Sometimes I like carousels other times I find them annoying. I'm not a fan of GIFs though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion