WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I would participate ;-)

I'm sure you would. The problem would be that not many people have a good grounding in science to begin with. I've seen too many polls where people didn't know that Earth rotated every 24 hours or that the Earth orbited the sun every 365 days....

I'd hope that people on here wouldn't be that bad but not many people understand basic concepts and I wouldn't want it to turn into arguments that most people, including me, don't have enough understanding to really argue with.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure you would. The problem would be that not many people have a good grounding in science to begin with. I've seen too many polls where people didn't know that Earth rotated every 24 hours or that the Earth orbited the sun every 365 days....

I'd hope that people on here wouldn't be that bad but not many people understand basic concepts and I wouldn't want it to turn into arguments that most people, including me, don't have enough understanding to really argue with.

That's always a danger in this area. People can get very emotional over science.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to learn programming, but the only school I know doesn't offer courses in Basel. I could join the informatics students next semester, but the basic course is 6 hours including exercises, and I can't afford that much time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to learn programming, but the only school I know doesn't offer courses in Basel. I could join the informatics students next semester, but the basic course is 6 hours including exercises, and I can't afford that much time.

I'd like to learn programming as well. I have the same issue that I have no idea where a course is. Lots of people say just do it but I find formal training would be nice so you can ask questions.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to learn programming as well. I have the same issue that I have no idea where a course is. Lots of people say just do it but I find formal training would be nice so you can ask questions.

Isn't that odd, programming is something I wouldn't mind doing, i am with a group of people who are helping people within my age group learn programming, but we haven't gotten into the stuff that I've wanted to go into yet. :\

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Isn't that odd, programming is something I wouldn't mind doing, i am with a group of people who are helping people within my age group learn programming, but we haven't gotten into the stuff that I've wanted to go into yet. :\

Part of the reason I want to take lessons. There's a certain pace set. Of course you get those people who fall behind but you'd hope that most there want to learn.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Part of the reason I want to take lessons. There's a certain pace set. Of course you get those people who fall behind but you'd hope that most there want to learn.

Well, at the moment we are doing stuff I can already do, its basically Game Maker basics

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

365 1/4 days actually :p

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else with black have reduced battery life? I haven't changed any of my phone settings and using the phone the same amount but not getting as long as i used to.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, at the moment we are doing stuff I can already do, its basically Game Maker basics

Going over things you know already can be boring. I do my best not to see it as a negative and see if there's something I may have missed. :) Not always easy!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What im wrong? :S:S:S

No. You're not wrong. :p I was just saying there will always be people disagreeing with each other over minute detail. You proved my point. :p

Well technically as most people understand it you're not wrong, however it's a bit more complex than 1/4.... :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else with black have reduced battery life? I haven't changed any of my phone settings and using the phone the same amount but not getting as long as i used to.

My 1520's battery life hasn't been nearly as impressive as my 520 was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb