WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have a 920 and battery life seems less since black

Battery life on my 920 has sucked since day one. :p

I recently did a hard reset and things seem a bit better. You could try a soft reset and see if that fixes anything. What causes battery drain sometimes is that a program gets 'stuck'.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I recently did a hard reset and things seem a bit better. You could try a soft reset and see if that fixes anything. What causes battery drain sometimes is that a program gets 'stuck'.

I get a day from both my 920 and my 8X these days. I yearn for the E63 "charge it twice a week" days, but that's a serious pipe dream...

Last edited:

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Ill try the soft reset see if that fixes anything. Yeah battery life on the 920 has never been fantastic but after amber it improved slightly. Now its worse than ever :S

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I get a day from both my 920 and my 8X these days. I yearn from the E63 "charge it twice a week" days, but that's a serious pipe dream...

I had an E63 as well. Mine was red cause I wanted to be different. :p

I'm hoping battery technology gets better or something becomes more efficient. I have to road test my 920 again cause the last time I was out with it for the day it didn't do too well. Then I realised that after the reset everything goes to default so I had a whole bunch of crap on which drained the battery big time!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ill try the soft reset see if that fixes anything. Yeah battery life on the 920 has never been fantastic but after amber it improved slightly. Now its worse than ever :S

The time and date go out of wack when you reset. If your phone doesn't update those automatically you'll have to do it.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I get a day from both my 920 and my 8X these days. I yearn from the E63 "charge it twice a week" days, but that's a serious pipe dream...

Yeah, not until phone manufacturers actually optimize their phones processors, displays and get the battery life and battery size right.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of course i saw a really good groupon deal for a Microsoft server course that had like 98% reduction course would cost ?99 but original price was like ?1899 or something if only i had a spare ?99 i would have bought it :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Back on the daily grind again today with a mire settled stomach and less fog.

These Senneheisers are good. Just wished that there were more 3rd party WP specific accessories, especially in the audio dept. There was a chic set of headphones I was looking at last year that were WP7 specific. If I remembered the name, I'd have tried those instead.

Still, you cannot go wrong with Senneheisers, in my opinion...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had an E63 as well. Mine was red cause I wanted to be different. :p

I'm hoping battery technology gets better or something becomes more efficient. I have to road test my 920 again cause the last time I was out with it for the day it didn't do too well. Then I realised that after the reset everything goes to default so I had a whole bunch of crap on which drained the battery big time!

I loved my red E63! Funny enough, I didn't like it in black...though the blue and red ones were nice. I also liked it better than the E71...it is in my top ten favorites for sure...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I swear I think I've owned more phones to this point than BP had tried different types of cake...😜

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I miss the times when you really could see technology progressing. With smaller and smaller phones after this huge first things, then the first color display, then the first touch screen phones with a big display. Then the increase in resolution you could really notice.

Nowadays it's only bigger and bigger numbers that have only a minor effect.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

After a Refresh, my Type Cover 2 is working again, including backlight. I don't like this process.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I miss the times when you really could see technology progressing. With smaller and smaller phones after this huge first things, then the first color display, then the first touch screen phones with a big display. Then the increase in resolution you could really notice.

Nowadays it's only bigger and bigger numbers that have only a minor effect.

We're reaching a plateau in hardware. We're really past the hardware wars and moving into the next stage. The key selling points is going to be all about content. Apps, OS features, etc.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

We're reaching a plateau in hardware. We're really past the hardware wars and moving into the next stage. The key selling points is going to be all about content. Apps, OS features, etc.

This stuff I find rather scary than exciting, hardware you could just enjoy, integrated super software that knows what you are doing, when you are doing it, where you are doing it, and predicts what you want to do, that's just too much for my taste...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This stuff I find rather scary than exciting, hardware you could just enjoy, integrated super software that knows what you are doing, when you are doing it, where you are doing it, and predicts what you want to do, that's just too much for my taste...

It's not all about spying you know. :p

I was referring to the overall experience of the device. This is where we are. I know 'looks' still mean a lot to some people but I believe what a device has and what it doesn't is going to mean more and more, especially when it comes to content and features.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's not all about spying you know. :p

I was referring to the overall experience of the device. This is where we are. I know 'looks' still mean a lot to some people but I believe what a device has and what it doesn't is going to mean more and more, especially when it comes to content and features.

I might be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they are not after me! ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb