WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Poor user was still onWP7. No wonder he/she left. WP8 would have been a much better experience.

The last entry was "Loving Android!! Why would anyone use any other OS?"

Sigh....

Just wait. A couple updates, a bunch of stuff running in the background you don't know about, and some badly written apps downloaded to the phone later and there will be some reasons why people use other OS's fairly apparent.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Poor user was still onWP7. No wonder he/she left. WP8 would have been a much better experience.

Sigh....

Just wait. A couple updates, a bunch of stuff running in the background you don't know about, and some badly written apps downloaded to the phone later and there will be some reasons why people use other OS's fairly apparent.

Ha,ha...I would have to agree.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Sigh....

I deleted certain apps and block other that were doing this.

Always fun!

I feel like a 24/7 IT Technician!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Sigh....

Dont forget the apps that have malware, adware etc.

I once saw a person android phone that had adware everywhere on the lock screen, notification centre, messages etc.

Very funny! :p

This happened because they let their child go on the device and downloaded some games and other things.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

As we are exchanging some fun stories about seeing other WP users...

As I do just a whole bunch of stuff with the Salvation Army, our Local Mall had a Burlington Coat Factory open up. The company decided to "adopt" the Salvation Army as it's charity of choice in the local area, so a few of us represented the Army at the presentation. Our local paper was there as the Mayor and State Rep were both in attendence as well. What was she recording/taking pictures with for use later? A fancy point and shoot? A top line Cannon or other digital camera?

Nope. A Lumia 1020.

Had about 30 seconds to talk to her, and she said she saves herself all kinds of hassle by using the 1020 for the events she was assigned, and that not one person at the paper has noticed a drop in quality from the photos of her old camera to the L1020.

Made me smile.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I deleted certain apps and block other that were doing this.

Always fun!

I feel like a 24/7 IT Technician!

same here I am not about to go to android just to put an AV and worry about what apps are safe ....."anit nobody have time for that" :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

As we are exchanging some fun stories about seeing other WP users...

As I do just a whole bunch of stuff with the Salvation Army, our Local Mall had a Burlington Coat Factory open up. The company decided to "adopt" the Salvation Army as it's charity of choice in the local area, so a few of us represented the Army at the presentation. Our local paper was there as the Mayor and State Rep were both in attendence as well. What was she recording/taking pictures with for use later? A fancy point and shoot? A top line Cannon or other digital camera?

Nope. A Lumia 1020.

Had about 30 seconds to talk to her, and she said she saves herself all kinds of hassle by using the 1020 for the events she was assigned, and that not one person at the paper has noticed a drop in quality from the photos of her old camera to the L1020.

Made me smile.

well my friend had an iPhone 4 and now have the 1020 :p that is my story ... yeah I know short but its something

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

looks like we are going to need a AV on googles thermostat too :p and while we are at it also for googles contact lens ;)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

We are pushing the single digits in fahrenheit here in central IL again. Makes a lot of people edgy. (About -12 in celsius? Sound about right?)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We are pushing the single digits in fahrenheit here in central IL again. Makes a lot of people edgy. (About -12 in celsius? Sound about right?)

It's 12F at the Minneapolis airport right now. Boarding my delayed flight, I hop I make the tight connection!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I wwanted a phone that worked all the time not one that made me an IT technician and hence the switch to WP!

lol I work as an IT Technician anyway just like to mention it every thousand post or so. I'm always on a device or two or fixing something.

Android.....

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

hey 99 I got MMS to work on H and H+ on the 822 but I still cant send text on H or H+ wat was your problem though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750