WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's my work computer and I have a desire to throw it out the window on a daily baisis. For some unknown reason it uninstalled my PDF printer...

Just call the it department I always get sent on jobs like those when we get calls through.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I meant the built-in one in W8.1, whatever it is they call it.

Oh windows defender that all you it unnecessary to pay for anti-virus unless you download alot of untrustworthy stuff onto your pc.

Either then some anti virus software doesn't worj that good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just call the it department I always get sent on jobs like those when we get calls through.

LOL! The IT dept here is not as efficient as you probably. When you're dealing with over 1000 people on a daily basis having little issues like this you're put to the bottom of the list. It would be over the phone help anyway. But I sorted it. :)

As for my computer, it probably needs a re-install of W7 as I think the install they used was corrupt. I'll have to wait for some down time to see about getting it fixed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh windows defender that all you it unnecessary to pay for anti-virus unless you download alot of untrustworthy stuff onto your pc.

Either then some anti virus software doesn't worj that good.

I refuse to pay for any antivirus. It's too much bloat for my liking. Until they can sort that I won't bother.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I refuse to pay for any antivirus. It's too much bloat for my liking. Until they can sort that I won't bother.

Exactly and it takes up so much resources your computer ends lagging or being extremely slow.

Mcafee the worst affender for this.

Then everyone suggest AVG because it free however it no where as good as windows defender that was created by Microsoft for their OS.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

LOL! The IT dept here is not as efficient as you probably. When you're dealing with over 1000 people on a daily basis having little issues like this you're put to the bottom of the list. It would be over the phone help anyway. But I sorted it. :)

As for my computer, it probably needs a re-install of W7 as I think the install they used was corrupt. I'll have to wait for some down time to see about getting it fixed.

When we get a call or job I'm always going to each job myself in person either if it a small issues.

We got about 800 users.

I'm very efficient!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Then everyone suggest AVG because it free however it no where as good as windows defender that was created by Microsoft for their OS.

AVG is too much bloat these days too. It's better than some paid ones but it's not as good as it used to be. I don't recommend it anymore.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

AVG is too much bloat these days too. It's better than some paid ones but it's not as good as it used to be. I don't recommend it anymore.

When someone ask me what should I use I say use Microsoft defender it free and it done by Microsoft who know what there doing and it doesn't get on the way or take up so much resources.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When we get a call or job I'm always going to each job myself in person either if it a small issues.

We got about 800 users.

I'm very efficient!

My company is world wide (well over 10,000 users) and they use IBM security and IT services. We have onsite IT but they only come out if and only if things can't be sorted by telephone. They use remote desktop a lot.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

My company is world wide (well over 10,000 users) and they use IBM security and IT services. We have onsite IT but they only come out if and only if things can't be sorted by telephone. They use remote desktop a lot.

They would lol :p

You get 1st line support read off the script then 2nd have you tried turning your computer off and on then you 3rd will come to you if there not busy with other jobs :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When someone ask me what should I use I say use Microsoft defender it free and it done by Microsoft who know what there doing and it doesn't get on the way or take up so much resources.

I say the same thing. I tell them that unless they are doing illegal downloading or heading to sites they shouldn't there's no need for a paid virus scan. But in most cases MS should work anyway.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I say the same thing. I tell them that unless they are doing illegal downloading or heading to sites they shouldn't there's no need for a paid virus scan. But in most cases MS should work anyway.

Every computer I take a look at Microsoft Defender is switch off and that due to the bloatware with anti virus that comes pre installed that turns it off do to conflict.

So I always have to turn it on or delete the anti virus that was put on as a free trial then turn on windows defender.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Every computer I take a look at Microsoft Defender is switch off and that due to the bloatware with anti virus that comes on turns it off to do conflict.

So I always have to turn it on or delete the anti virus that was put on as a free trial then turn on windows defender.

Yep same thing. I don't do as much IT stuff as I used to. Most of it was with family. Since I don't live anywhere near them I have no need to worry. :p

I did a lot of fixing up at my mums when I was there over the xmas period. My other family members tried to 'help' and made a mess of things as usual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077